on pop guns,m pop warner and execution

tbonehawaii

I read about schonert and dick's disagreement (dick saying schonert's offense being too complicated and claiming that dick wanted a pop warner style simple offense). then i read the sports illustrated interview with peyton manning re how they have only a few plays but execute them well and adjust them at the line....hmmmmm

I read about schonert and dick's disagreement (dick saying schonert's offense being too complicated and claiming that dick wanted a pop warner style simple offense). then i read the sports illustrated interview with peyton manning re how they have only a few plays but execute them well and adjust them at the line....hmmmmm

Trent is no Peyton Manning...

and Dick didn't know this during all of 2008????

why not cut Turk at the end of 2008 like he was asked to do??

no , he has to stand on principal and cut him a week before the season after getting the same stuff for the entire off-season.

yeah- that Dick is a real decision maker

I have no idea what to think about this decision. I am glad that schonert is no longer here but to replace him with avp just shows how the front office is unwilling to bring in a decent coach. I have always liked avp and he may have some hidden potential but this is a disaster waiting to happen. We have no idea what this offense is going to look like week 1. Ah well, GO BILLS!

Wow, does that ever sound like...

Mike Leach

"There's two ways to make it more complex for the defense," Leach says. "One is to have a whole bunch of different plays, but that's no good because then the offense experiences as much complexity as the defense. Another is a small number of plays and run it out of lots of different formations." Leach prefers new formations. "That way, you don't have to teach a guy a new thing to do," he says. "You just have to teach him new places to stand."

Wow, does that ever sound like...

Mike Leach

"There's two ways to make it more complex for the defense," Leach says. "One is to have a whole bunch of different plays, but that's no good because then the offense experiences as much complexity as the defense. Another is a small number of plays and run it out of lots of different formations." Leach prefers new formations. "That way, you don't have to teach a guy a new thing to do," he says. "You just have to teach him new places to stand."

Standing is hard in the NFL.

I would agree that a team needs a good core offensive scheme before they start getting overly complicated.