Jim Kelly

CAVEDAWG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking QB coach or OC and you throw SB winning HC's up in a post, so what.

Jim Kelly is a HOF QB and I do think offensive players throughout the league would find playing for Jim Kelly appealing.

LOL...I threw those HC's up because those are the kinds of things players get hyped to play for. There are few OC's in the league players get hyped about (mainly because the good ones are not OC's for long most of the time as they get HC gigs). The OC's players get hyped about are ones that have a record of productive offense, big stats, aggresive play calling, etc. They dont get hyped over an OC that has never coached before...

Bottom line is football players want to play for proven coaches, and more importantly, proven systems...Kelly has never even coached...no one in the league is going to go "Oh now I want to play for Buffalo becaue their OC is now Jim Kelly who has no coaching experience.." And it doesnt help that he never won the big game (thanks Norwood)...I get you are enamored with the idea (and I am not even saying Jim wouldnt be a good idea), but to the rest of the league it isnt going to matter until he has some success at it...

Now if Kelly was a QB coach, he may be appealing to a young QB because he clearly knows a thing or two on being a great QB in this league...

So to all these people who think JK can be the QB coach and go home after 9 or 10 hours while the other coaches all stay for 14 hours or so. No one thinks that will be a problem. I assume he'll get away with it casue he's Jim Kelly. I don't think so! That will cause many problems. Can JK actually coach?? Yes agree, young players might enjoy hearing JK's war stories on the plane going to a road game or sitting around a table at the Big Tree Inn on a Tuesday at lunch. But that's as far as it goes. Star players made way too much money to ever get serious about coaching/ JK was never exactly known to be al lthat smart either which is needed to get int coaching. Motivation lasts about a month, then you need to show results

Guest dog14787
So to all these people who think JK can be the QB coach and go home after 9 or 10 hours while the other coaches all stay for 14 hours or so. No one thinks that will be a problem. I assume he'll get away with it casue he's Jim Kelly. I don't think so! That will cause many problems. Can JK actually coach?? Yes agree, young players might enjoy hearing JK's war stories on the plane going to a road game or sitting around a table at the Big Tree Inn on a Tuesday at lunch. But that's as far as it goes. Star players made way too much money to ever get serious about coaching/ JK was never exactly known to be al lthat smart either which is needed to get int coaching. Motivation lasts about a month, then you need to show results

Jim Kelly would make a great QB coach in my opinion and this is the perfect time for him to test the waters.

But only IF he's willing to put in the same effort as every other coach on the staff is putting in. First off I doubt Kelly would want to do that. JK has been out of football for what close to ten years. If he hasn't got into coaching yet, why would he now?

Jim Kelly would make a great QB coach in my opinion and this is the perfect time for him to test the waters.

I certainly hope Kelly would have the brains to not tie himself to what appears to be a sinking ship. I hope as has been discussed, that he is willing to advise AVP behind the scenes.

I am still trying to figure out exactly what Van Pelt's roll is on this team. He is listed as the Quarterbacks Coach on the web site. The stories say he will be calling the plays. The "signal caller". Will he be responsible for the construction of the offense? Will there be any changes to the offense? How major or minor?

It would appear do or die for Jauron has gone to a new level.

Guest dog14787
But only IF he's willing to put in the same effort as every other coach on the staff is putting in. First off I doubt Kelly would want to do that. JK has been out of football for what close to ten years. If he hasn't got into coaching yet, why would he now?

I can't speak for Jim Kelly, but I know he loves the game of football and he loves the Buffalo Bills.

Who knows, maybe the time is better now then it was ten years ago, maybe not, only Jim Kelly can answer that question.

As you say, he hasn't done so yet and maybe he never will.

When I listened to Jim Kelly's speech on his induction into the hall of fame and the cameras would spot one of his fellow teammates in the audience, and I could see them there just as teary eyed as I was it really hit me. This was the driving force that drove Buffalo to four straight Suberbowls and this was the heart and the soul of the Buffalo Bills standing in front of us and he's going into the HOF forever, and it really made it special.

Jim Kelly did us all very proud that day and I just wish somehow, someway Jim could sprinkle a little bit of his heart and a little bit of his magic into an organization that really needs some help right now.

I can't speak for Jim Kelly, but I know he loves the game of football and he loves the Buffalo Bills.

Who knows, maybe the time is better now then it was ten years ago, maybe not, only Jim Kelly can answer that question.

As you say, he hasn't done so yet and maybe he never will.

When I listened to Jim Kelly's speech on his induction into the hall of fame and the cameras would spot one of his fellow teammates in the audience, and I would seen them there just as teary eyed as I was, it really hit me. This was the driving force that drove Buffalo to four straight Suberbowls and this was the heart and the soul of the Buffalo Bills standing in front of us and he's going into the HOF forever, and it really made it special.

Jim Kelly did us all very proud that day and I just wish somehow, someway Jim could sprinkle a little bit of his heart and a little bit of his magic into an organization that really needs some help right now.

Dude, What the hell are you talking about? He's not an effin Wizard! Put down the Pabst and stop watching your "Thundering Herd" videos. He hasn't played in 15 years and he has never coached anything other than his daughters Soccer teams.

Guest dog14787
Dude, What the hell are you talking about? He's not an effin Wizard! Put down the Pabst and stop watching your "Thundering Herd" videos. He hasn't played in 15 years and he has never coached anything other than his daughters Soccer teams.

Jim Kelly was mentored by Ted Marchibroda, that makes him an effin wizard in my book, especially compared to whatever it is we are running now.

Eric :wallbash:

I mean wtf do we run now, because it started out as the greatest show on turf once upon a time but after being muzzled by DJ because it was getting our QB sacked constantly it slowly evolved into some slimmy creature you can't even get a handle on anymore.

We may need a F$@KING Wizard to kill this creature or we are all doomed.

Jim Kelly was mentored by Ted Marchibroda, that makes him an effin wizard in my book, especially compared to whatever it is we are running now.

Eric :wallbash:

I mean wtf do we run now, because it started out as the greatest show on turf once upon a time but after being muzzled by DJ because it was getting our QB sacked constantly it slowly evolved into some slimmy creature you can't even get a handle on anymore.

We may need a F$@KING Wizard to kill this creature or we are all doomed.

geezus, you just get crazier and weirder with every post...

geezus, you just get crazier and weirder with every post...

"Jim Kelly did us all very proud that day and I just wish somehow, someway Jim could sprinkle a little bit of his heart and a little bit of his magic into an organization that really needs some help right now."

This is the greatest post of all time. From Dog 14787

Got it. Actually, had it - hours ago. You (so you say) played a couple years of college ball, ergo, you know more than Jim...in fact, more than everyone.

Funny, but it seems I've seen this act before - only with a different screen name... :wallbash:

Got it. Actually, had it - hours ago. You (so you say) played a couple years of college ball, ergo, you know more than Jim...in fact, more than everyone.

Funny, but it seems I've seen this act before - only with a different screen name... :wallbash:

You know you've been on these boards to long when you can pick out trends. :wallbash:

The only way this team will ever move forward is if we stop living in the past. Would'nt it be HORRIBLE if Kelly came in here and bombed as any kind of coach?

Maybe its time for Jimbo to come out of retirement and become an Offensive Coordinator!! Any thoughts?

It's never going to happen.

1. Jim is 100% committed to fighting Crabbe's disease. It is his life ambition for an obvious reason.

2. He's been out of football 13 years. NFL strategy and style of play has continued to evolve. A decade out of the coaching circle in the NFL is an eternity.

You know you've been on these boards to long when you can pick out trends. :wallbash:

The only way this team will ever move forward is if we stop living in the past. Would'nt it be HORRIBLE if Kelly came in here and bombed as any kind of coach?

Wouldn't it be HORRIBLE if 'Mr. WEO' and 'Big Green Weenie' both used identical language ("4H Program") to belittle the Cornell Ag School? :wallbash:

(I honestly don't think Kelly can screw up anything by giving a few pointers to a Stanford geek on how to run the 'no-huddle')

Guest dog14787
"Jim Kelly did us all very proud that day and I just wish somehow, someway Jim could sprinkle a little bit of his heart and a little bit of his magic into an organization that really needs some help right now."

This is the greatest post of all time. From Dog 14787

I'll take it, and do you honestly think I care what you think :wallbash:

Jim Kelly has stated multiple times that he had been offered and was not interested in coaching. He gave the same reason as why he stopped doing broadcasting - he does not have the time for full time coaching / broadcasting and has more important things to do with his time. Bring him in as consultant, maybe, but not coaching.