Last Successful 1st Round Lineman Drafted by the Bills

PDaDdy

Is it just me or are we REALLY bad a identifying and drafting talent for the offensive and defensive lines in the first round? It seems are all we get are duds or guys that end up as second teamers. I might even include lineman drafted in the 2nd as well. I'm probably missing somebody but the last guy I can think of is Bruce.

It looks like we might have finally made a good choice again and there is some hope for Maybin and Wood. It's still early to tell but so far so good. Wood seems to be progressing and Maybin has 2 sacks in as many games with QB pressures and also drew that holding call that nullified the Calvin Johnson TD last night. Although I hate the Phins this guy could be the new Jason Taylor at least by way of his speed and build.

Let's hope!

Is it just me or are we REALLY bad a identifying and drafting talent for the offensive and defensive lines in the first round? It seems are all we get are duds or guys that end up as second teamers. I might even include lineman drafted in the 2nd as well. I'm probably missing somebody but the last guy I can think of is Bruce.

It looks like we might have finally made a good choice again and there is some hope for Maybin and Wood. It's still early to tell but so far so good. Wood seems to be progressing and Maybin has 2 sacks in as many games with QB pressures and also drew that holding call that nullified the Calvin Johnson TD last night. Although I hate the Phins this guy could be the new Jason Taylor at least by way of his speed and build.

Let's hope!

Richter and Wilforf to name two. It's been awhile I agree but it's been done.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow. Of course. How could I forget Ruben!?!?! A friend of mine actually played football with him at Pitt I believe it was. Good call. At least that guy was drafted by us in the last 15 years I think.

Depending on how this year goes we might be looking for a QB with our first round pick but I would love to see another lineman drafted next year. I don't know if I would like it to be a LT, if lightning doesn't almost literally, strike twice with Bell or another DE that can rush the passer. Schobel is no guarantee to return to 2006 form and I'm not sure if what we are already developing is enough. You can't have enough good lineman on either side of the ball, especially a guy that can get to the other guys QBs!