8-8 or 2-14???

zdro22

I thought WGR brought up a great topic. Would you guys rather have the bills go 8-8 maybe 9-7 and miss the playoffs or go 2-14? In the 8-8 scenario, they obviously show SOME improvement and maybe abreak here or there they make the playoffs. 2-14 they look god awful and HAVE to blow it up. I personally BETWEEN THE TWO would rather see them go 2-14 and blow this thing up with a nuclear bomb. Jauron trent modrak brandon GONE...seeing marginal improvement isnt enough for me this year.

I thought WGR brought up a great topic. Would you guys rather have the bills go 8-8 maybe 9-7 and miss the playoffs or go 2-14? In the 8-8 scenario, they obviously show SOME improvement and maybe abreak here or there they make the playoffs. 2-14 they look god awful and HAVE to blow it up. I personally BETWEEN THE TWO would rather see them go 2-14 and blow this thing up with a nuclear bomb. Jauron trent modrak brandon GONE...seeing marginal improvement isnt enough for me this year.

Somewhere in between. 6-10 or 7-9...which would be bad. I'm hoping for a major crash to clean house

W/ no change in ownership, there's no reason to believe the strategy for hiring coaches will change even if Jauron is let go. Get ready for the next Mularkey or Williams if that happens.

The dream scenario Bills fans need in order for our teams' fortunes to change (new ownership, hopefully w/ a committment to keeping the team in Buffalo and w/ the ability and willingness to do what it takes to make the team a winner again) is just that; a dream.

I want them to win every game and I will cheer for them regardless of the result.

I think 2-14 would result in a coaching change which this teams needs badly. The only way Ralph gets a guy like Shanahan

or Cowher in here is to give them complete control and a lot of money. Not a chance of that happening.

If we go 2-14 Shannahan or any good coach will not want to come here. Look at what the Lions and Chiefs had to pick from - they were only going to get another coordinator with no head coaching experience. The Bills would undoubtedly fall into this scenario and would be starting over with a rookie QB, minus Terrance Magee and Terrell Owens. It would be awful for many years. Let's hope for 8-8, and a tweak or two to get us to 10-6 the following year.

If we go 2-14 Shannahan or any good coach will not want to come here. Look at what the Lions and Chiefs had to pick from - they were only going to get another coordinator with no head coaching experience. The Bills would undoubtedly fall into this scenario and would be starting over with a rookie QB, minus Terrance Magee and Terrell Owens. It would be awful for many years. Let's hope for 8-8, and a tweak or two to get us to 10-6 the following year.

It's not what you have to pick from, it's who you pick. Mike Tomlin was a coordinator of all of one season (and a 6-10 season @ that, if I recall) and he's turned out to be a fantastic head coach. Sean Payton and John Fox were both candidates for the Bills' job that were passed over for Gregg Williams. None of the 3 had head coaching experience, yet Fox and Payton have done a pretty good job given their opportunities. Pick the right coach, and it doesn't matter if they have prior experience or not.

Seriously people -- has it come to this. You are honestly rooting for a miserable year so that your team can hold a fire sale and start over, thereby forcing the team to start a new cycle of futility?

And, all this is based on meaningless pre-season action? No wonder why Western NY/State of NY is in ruins -- because faced with adversity, people point blame at anyone else and then head for the exits.

Maybe Jauron sucks, but if he sucks it's no more so than Shanahan, Gruden, Schottenheimer or any number of other coaches who posters are calling for here. They were all fired for a reason -- their teams were losing and their fans were revolting. Hate to tell you, but this is a game that you or I do not get paid to play, coach or opine about. So chill, sit back and enjoy the team on Sundays. Pretty soon, you won't have a damn team to root for anyways.

And...F*@! WGR and the bevy of miserable hosts they employ. -- Done with Rant --

Now you may continue on with your regular whiny, bitchy posts. As an aside, I believe there should be one of those Bud Light commercials for all the Debbie Downy types on this site -- "Here's to you Mr. anonymous sports message board poster guy..."

Seriously people -- has it come to this. You are honestly rooting for a miserable year so that your team can hold a fire sale and start over, thereby forcing the team to start a new cycle of futility?

And, all this is based on meaningless pre-season action? No wonder why Western NY/State of NY is in ruins -- because faced with adversity, people point blame at anyone else and then head for the exits.

Maybe Jauron sucks, but if he sucks it's no more so than Shanahan, Gruden, Schottenheimer or any number of other coaches who posters are calling for here. They were all fired for a reason -- their teams were losing and their fans were revolting. Hate to tell you, but this is a game that you or I do not get paid to play, coach or opine about. So chill, sit back and enjoy the team on Sundays. Pretty soon, you won't have a damn team to root for anyways.

And...F*@! WGR and the bevy of miserable hosts they employ. -- Done with Rant --

Now you may continue on with your regular whiny, bitchy posts. As an aside, I believe there should be one of those Bud Light commercials for all the Debbie Downy types on this site -- "Here's to you Mr. anonymous sports message board poster guy..."

I was wondering who was going to be the first idiot to accuse people of wanting the bills to lose. I said between those two scenarios. Obviously i root for 16-0 or playoffs. But since that deosnt look all that likely given talent/coaching i was woonderin which would be more painful to the average fan. PERSONALLY a 2-14 season with change is less painful then 8-8 and them bringing back that corpse again

If anyone votes for 2-14, you obviously do not remember the really bad years. I remember 1-13, 2-12, 2-14, 4-12. They are not very fun!

That's so true!

There was a time I thought I was from HAPLESS, NY, because all the sports people kept calling them THE HAPLESS BILLS.

On the other hand, having been around for all 50 seasons, and based on that history, I wouldn't expect any wild moves one way or the other, no matter what the final W-L's. That's just not Ralph's way of operating.

I gotta say 6-10 at best

I guess this post doesn't count then?

Between the two options :rolleyes: I want Edwards to go to the pro bowl and by some minor miracle this to turn in to a compitent staff, and for us to host a playoff game!!. BUT if it is more of the status quo of missing the playoffs then i want them all gone.

5-27

I want playoffs this year or 2-14 and Hello Mr. Shanahan.

Bring him in to run the team like Miami did with Parcells. Let him pick a coach (Maybe his son).

My fear/prediction is 6-10 or 7-9 and status quo

This is the exact scenario I want as well. Shanahan would be my first choice as head coach.

I'll settle for 4 - 12 and a high enough pick to draft Bradford or McCoy.