LET'S GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT

Dr. Trooth

There are many on this board that seem to think that Jauron and the Bills can't be as bad as what they've demonstrated this preseason, and that they are just holding back and will lay a huge suprise on the Pats in the season opener.

That's total and utter nonsense. They may lay a surprise.... or two... or three.... but, reality check time folks, they ain't gonna beat the Pats. This Bills team ain't in their class.

I'm going to tell you how you beat the Pats... and this Bills team doesn't have what it takes.

Go back to the last time the Bills beat the Pats.... season opener ....2003 I think. Malloy, Williams, Adms, TKO, Fletcher, Clements...that group. They beat em by "briniging it". The defense was physical and they got to Brady early and often. The offense played on a short field much of the game. Anyone, either there or watching on TV, could tell the Bills were not intimidated and had an attitude that, "I'm gona kick your ass and leave tread marks on your face... we don't like you, we don't like your kids, we hate your dog, your wife, your momma... not in our house, not today, no way"!

This team is not that type of team. This team is a bunch of alter boys and choir boys that would rather serve communion and help the opposition beat the snot out of them, than to stand up to them and club the crap out of them. What we have is an extremely docile and kitty coach who has created a team in his own likeness... a bunch of pussies that are afraid to play in the mud and compete play for play.

So... the way to beat the patriots is not to try to outscheme them... believe me, if that's their strategy... no way in hell can Jauron matchup with Belichick. They way to beat the Patriots is to stand up to them, and not be the chicken shitz they are, and play smash mouth, physical football...and a lot of it, relentlessly for 60 minutes. Aggressive offense that ain't afraid to take it to them and an aggressive defense that goes after them on every play and not be afraid of losing.

That's the formula to beat the Pats. There Dick... you've got the recipe... too bad you can't cook and don't have a lot of the ingredients.

Great post.

We can all admit that Jauron is not the leader of this team; but who is?

This week in Boston; they talked a lot about leadership (Bruschi retiring) and how important that is to a

championship team.

There is no leadership on this team and I don't blame the coach.

Billy Buffalo

So you are saying the defense sucks and they don't bring it? I would say the complete opposite. If our GD offense gets our defense off the field occasionally I really think they have the talent and will to be a top 10 or even better defense. thats just my opinion of course. But I can't help but feel like the defense will "bring it."

This team looks like they are headed straight for a 5-11 season. Since the collapse last year, and seeing Jauron back for another year has completely killed any excitement for this upcoiming season. I'm sorry, but i knew he was a bad choice for head coach right from the start.

I'll still hope for the best though, as I do every year.

There is no leadership on this team and I don't blame the coach.

Leadership starts at the top, if your HC is not a leader, how can you expect anyone who plays to step up into that leadership role? Say what you will but the coaches who win Super Bowls are leaders.... there are plenty of examples of it. The players need a coach that they can fall in behind and that coach will have them motivated and prepared for the game. The majority of the blame for lack of leadership falls on the coach

There are many on this board that seem to think that Jauron and the Bills can't be as bad as what they've demonstrated this preseason, and that they are just holding back and will lay a huge suprise on the Pats in the season opener.

That's total and utter nonsense. They may lay a surprise.... or two... or three.... but, reality check time folks, they ain't gonna beat the Pats. This Bills team ain't in their class.

I'm going to tell you how you beat the Pats... and this Bills team doesn't have what it takes.

Go back to the last time the Bills beat the Pats.... season opener ....2003 I think. Malloy, Williams, Adms, TKO, Fletcher, Clements...that group. They beat em by "briniging it". The defense was physical and they got to Brady early and often. The offense played on a short field much of the game. Anyone, either there or watching on TV, could tell the Bills were not intimidated and had an attitude that, "I'm gona kick your ass and leave tread marks on your face... we don't like you, we don't like your kids, we hate your dog, your wife, your momma... not in our house, not today, no way"!

This team is not that type of team. This team is a bunch of alter boys and choir boys that would rather serve communion and help the opposition beat the snot out of them, than to stand up to them and club the crap out of them. What we have is an extremely docile and kitty coach who has created a team in his own likeness... a bunch of pussies that are afraid to play in the mud and compete play for play.

So... the way to beat the patriots is not to try to outscheme them... believe me, if that's their strategy... no way in hell can Jauron matchup with Belichick. They way to beat the Patriots is to stand up to them, and not be the chicken shitz they are, and play smash mouth, physical football...and a lot of it, relentlessly for 60 minutes. Aggressive offense that ain't afraid to take it to them and an aggressive defense that goes after them on every play and not be afraid of losing.

That's the formula to beat the Pats. There Dick... you've got the recipe... too bad you can't cook and don't have a lot of the ingredients.

Dont forget we had a QB that took shots down the field and wasnt afraid to throw with anticipation

There were many on this board who responded to DJ being retained by noting that he would have to change to keep his job. It was total ignorance of not only DJ, but much of the NFL coaching fraternity. Coaches, like politicians, first priority is to keep their position. They trust their method to do this will win them games, and DJ is no different.

We can make DJ's post-game and training camp quotes what we want them to be, but it's clear he has not altered his vision of coaching a NFL team. He's not pulling a 180 and taking chances with his players, schemes, and game-planning. It's not going to happen.

DJ will continue as HC or go down with the ship the same way he's been coaching since 1999: conservative, try to force the opponent into a mistake, stick with the game-plan football.

I hope the Bills come out and stomp the Patriettes on MNF 9/14. But I don't expect it either. After all, their coach hasn't beaten them in 6 tries and the man opposing him is so much better.

There were many on this board who responded to DJ being retained by noting that he would have to change to keep his job. It was total ignorance of not only DJ, but much of the NFL coaching fraternity. Coaches, like politicians, first priority is to keep their position. They trust their method to do this will win them games, and DJ is no different.

We can make DJ's post-game and training camp quotes what we want them to be, but it's clear he has not altered his vision of coaching a NFL team. He's not pulling a 180 and taking chances with his players, schemes, and game-planning. It's not going to happen.

DJ will continue as HC or go down with the ship the same way he's been coaching since 1999: conservative, try to force the opponent into a mistake, stick with the game-plan football.

I hope the Bills come out and stomp the Patriettes on MNF 9/14. But I don't expect it either. After all, their coach hasn't beaten them in 6 tries and the man opposing him is so much better.

Nobody should EVER mistake me for a DJ fan, but how do we know that DJ hasn't changed his approach to game management this year? I don't care about his postgame quotes, I want to see how they do on the field.

The O is showing a no-huddle look in preseason, and who would have expected that from a Dick Jauron team? I'm not saying he's a coach of the year candidate but I'm willing to see what he puts on the field (no huddle, aggressive play calling on both sides of the ball, taking the game to the other team mentality) before I write him off for good. One thing's for sure, if the results don't change he's going to be replaced. You have to assume he knows that too, so it will be interesting to see how he responds. Surely this will be his last shot as an NFL head coach, and he knows it.

I keep hearing the Bears were 13-3 under DJ as if it's gonna happen here. I agree the team needs leadership - this team seems to lack that and "chemistry". That said I would love to be proven wrong.

The way I see it: when you have a QB you think has talent, you build the offense around him. Looking at what the Bills have "built", either the Bills staff doesn't think Trent has any talent OR they're satisfied that his talent is dink-and-dunk passes and the Bills can win that way. Not much to choose from either way. They're obviously wrong on the latter - regarding the former, we won't know until he goes somewhere else I suppose.

Seems like they were right about JP since no-one picked him up.

So you are saying the defense sucks and they don't bring it? I would say the complete opposite.

If bad "O" was the only problem and the Bills have a defense that "brings it", then they would be a potential SB winner.... They are not... period.

You can win without an offense... and win the superbowl... see the Ravens superbowl season. Their offense was absolutely woeful. But, their defense was outstanding.

The Bills field an average defense. Their front seven is mediocre at best. Until the Bills defense can crack the top 8 and put s5-45 sacks, yes, I would have to say that they suck. I hold my footbal team to a higher standard than many football fans do.

The thing is...Jauron only has to sell his services to Ralph. Ralph is the sole individual responsible for whether or not Jauron has a job with the Bills and he apparently is easily convinced.