I disagree with Carucci about Youboty

Albany,n.y.

Carucci just said on the postgame show that he expects Youboty to make the team. I disagree. My opinion is based on what Jauron said about Corner in the post game press conference. Jauron said Corner is always there, games, practices etc. I think it was a final slap at Ashton Youboty while praising another CB.

Whether he makes the team or not, Corner and Lankster are better than Youboty at this point. Corner is going to see looks in a few different packages this season.

Youboty is a far better NFL cornerback than Lankster, at this point in their careers. It's really not that close. Youboty is a good cover corner and a one of the best tacklers on the team. When he plays, he's probably better than Corner, as a cover CB. Corner has a nose for the INT, though.

Ashton's problem is staying on the field. He has been on the team for 3 years and can't seem to stay healthy for more than a few games at a time.

So, since neither will be a starter, and since Lankster is younger and has the potential to grow (and can fill in as a returner, if needed) he may get the nod.

Corner is in no danger of being cut, IMO.

Youboty's fate is not tied to Corner.

That wasn't my point. Corner had the team made day 1. My point was that Jauron, while praising Corner, was cryptically saying why he's letting Youboty go-he wants reliable players, like Corner on his team, not guys who don't show up all the time, like Youboty.

Youboty is a far better NFL cornerback than Lankster, at this point in their careers. It's really not that close. Youboty is a good cover corner and a one of the best tacklers on the team. When he plays, he's probably better than Corner, as a cover CB. Corner has a nose for the INT, though.

Ashton's problem is staying on the field. He has been on the team for 3 years and can't seem to stay healthy for more than a few games at a time.

So, since neither will be a starter, and since Lankster is younger and has the potential to grow (and can fill in as a returner, if needed) he may get the nod.

Yeah. Right now I'd say it's difficult to appoint a winner between Corner and Youboty, because they each have their own upside. Clearly they are both superior to Lankster in almost every way. Getting two interceptions against third stringers doesn't really say much. His unimpressive WVU defense and unproven college track record means that for him to make the team (which he may considering our coaching) over Youboty it's strictly for his higher commitment than Youboty's

Carucci just said on the postgame show that he expects Youboty to make the team. I disagree. My opinion is based on what Jauron said about Corner in the post game press conference. Jauron said Corner is always there, games, practices etc. I think it was a final slap at Ashton Youboty while praising another CB.

I was hoping they did not have to cut any of those guys (corner, youboty, or florence). You need depth at corner, especially with the Patriots in our division. As we know, they like to pass, and have very good WR's

I was hoping they did not have to cut any of those guys (corner, youboty, or florence). You need depth at corner, especially with the Patriots in our division. As we know, they like to pass, and have very good WR's

Thanks coach Jauron!! We know how you feel about DB's...

j/k - :P

DBs:

McGee

McKelvin

Corner

Florence

Lankster

Whitner

Scott

Byrd

Wilson

Wendling or Simpson

That's 10 DBs.

Corner is in no danger of being cut, IMO.

Youboty's fate is not tied to Corner.

IIRC, this is Youboty's final contract year and the Bills probably won't want to keep him next year anyway so I believe they go with Lankster. There's no way Lankster makes it through waivers to the practice squad. JMO

I hear so much about lankster (rightfully so), what about the kid Harris out of USC.....after all, we did draft him a round before Lankster?.....I am just curious to know why is that we haven't heard his name mentioned at all.....does he get any playing time???

btw, why not cut Florence...after all, the guy does cost like 3 mil a year.....Corner, Youboty and Lankster all are well under 500,000 a year

While youboty is indeed a better tackler than corner (or just about anyone on the team) , I disagree that he is a better cover guy.