Here is why Ted Kennedy gets to be interred at

..."Kennedy enlisted in the United States Army in June 1951.[9] Following basic training at Fort Dix, he requested assignment to Fort Holabird for Army Intelligence training, but was dropped after a few weeks without explanation.[9] He went to Camp Gordon for training in the Military Police Corps.[9] In June 1952, he was assigned to the honor guard at SHAPE headquarters in Paris.[4][9] His father's political connections ensured he was not deployed to the ongoing Korean War.[4][10] While stationed in Europe he travelled extensively on weekends and climbed the Matterhorn.[11] He was discharged in March 1953 as a private first class".

True? False? A silver spoon elitist child with the way paved and assured?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy#E...ce.2C_education

It's a Wiki reference, so take that for what it is, folks.

..."Kennedy enlisted in the United States Army in June 1951.[9] Following basic training at Fort Dix, he requested assignment to Fort Holabird for Army Intelligence training, but was dropped after a few weeks without explanation.[9] He went to Camp Gordon for training in the Military Police Corps.[9] In June 1952, he was assigned to the honor guard at SHAPE headquarters in Paris.[4][9] His father's political connections ensured he was not deployed to the ongoing Korean War.[4][10] While stationed in Europe he travelled extensively on weekends and climbed the Matterhorn.[11] He was discharged in March 1953 as a private first class".

If you aren't sure of its accuracy then I'm not sure why you posted it.

If you aren't sure of its accuracy then I'm not sure why you posted it.

Because I wondered why he was going to be interred at Arlington. I have no recollection of him serving in the military, or ever hearing that being mentioned. One wonders why.

And I did mention that it was a Wiki reference - feel free to post something you consider more authoratative.

That he served seems to be fact.

Here's the Arlington rules:

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/funeral_i....interment.html

Because I wondered why he was going to be interred at Arlington. I have no recollection of him serving in the military, or ever hearing that being mentioned. One wonders why.

Because had anyone mentioned it, it would have been rapidly pointed out that his service was about as light as George W. Bush's.

Because had anyone mentioned it, it would have been rapidly pointed out that his service was about as light as George W. Bush's.

Teddy had a cushy post and still left a PFC.

Bush was an officer in the Reserves, flew a plane and volunteered for Vietnam (but was turned down), a fact that Dan Rather and Mapes knew when Rathergate happened.

"Kennedy will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery, just a few feet from the graves of his brothers, a senior Defense Department official told CNN. He is eligible for burial at Arlington due to his congressional service and his tenure in the Army from 1951 to 1953."

Honorable discharge and held elected office. That seems to meet the requirement.

Looks like it.

I disagree with the qualifications (I don't think Congresscritters should be buried at Arlington just for being Congresscritters - Ted, as a Senator from Massachusetts, should more appropriately be buried IN Mass., I think), but I can't argue that he doesn't meet them.

Looks like it.

I disagree with the qualifications (I don't think Congresscritters should be buried at Arlington just for being Congresscritters - Ted, as a Senator from Massachusetts, should more appropriately be buried IN Mass., I think), but I can't argue that he doesn't meet them.

And his brothers who were assassinated for their service to their country are buried there. He wanted to be with them.

u know my feelings towards Ted Kennedy, but....if he served even one day in the army and during that one day only stapled on piece of paper...that imho gives him the right to be buried there...not to mention his tenure in the senate should give him privliges such as this...again...even though he was not on my support list...

and truth be told, if i had family members that could pull strings to get me cushy assignments....damn straight I would use them.....but i have never shied away from my incredible lack of balls

And his brothers who were assassinated for their service to their country are buried there. He wanted to be with them.

If you're honestly arguing that Ted should be buried at Arlington to be close to his brothers...that is the stupidest argument for being buried at Arlington that I can imagine.

Jack was a war hero, and IMO was entitled to be buried at Arlington regardless of anything other than that. Bobby and Ted...I disagree with. All I'm saying is that I think the standards for burial at Arlington are a little too loose, if a Senator can be interred there just for being a Senator.

If you're honestly arguing that Ted should be buried at Arlington to be close to his brothers...that is the stupidest argument for being buried at Arlington that I can imagine.

Jack was a war hero, and IMO was entitled to be buried at Arlington regardless of anything other than that. Bobby and Ted...I disagree with. All I'm saying is that I think the standards for burial at Arlington are a little too loose, if a Senator can be interred there just for being a Senator.

No, it is is an honorable discharge and being a Senator. Stop speed reading. :lol:

Cincy's link:

Any former member of the Armed Forces who served on active duty (other than for training) and who held any of the following positions:

1. An elective office of the U.S. Government

No, it is is an honorable discharge and being a Senator. Stop speed reading. :lol:

Cincy's link:

I specifically said that according to the criteria he's entitled.

I also specifically said that I disagree with the criteria. :lol:

READ before posting, dumbass. Now I hate you even more.

Yeah, but where else can you safely put his remains?

Fair enough. I won't disrespect their service to the country. They did what they thought was right for the country. As we all do I think. We just have different opinions that's all.

I have a real problem with that "service" thing. A pampered, coddled member of America's Royal family gets bored with sailing and touch football and decides Maybe this president/Senator thing will give me a name on my own. "Service to your country" is a GI dodging bullets for $800 a month.