Today's stupid criminal award goes to...

blzrul

duh

(this is on the rochester d and c if you can't access, sometimes the site can be weird)

Such idiocy. I heard a story last week of a guy who robbed a bank, but before he told the teller to give him the money, he gave the teller his ID so he could check the balance on his own account. :o

Such idiocy. I heard a story last week of a guy who robbed a bank, but before he told the teller to give him the money, he gave the teller his ID so he could check the balance on his own account. :o

Oh for crying out loud.

That's surprising. Mr. Ponder looks like such an intelligent and engaging fellow. Such a spark of life in his eyes.

And btw....WTF is bail doing at $5,000 for bank robbers?? Uh...how about 20X that figure? Man, our criminal system is a disaster.

I figured this was as good as any place to put this. SF's newest celebrity.

It's Kenny the Drunk!

Walters can often be found passed out on the sidewalk along Haight Street and has racked up an estimated $150,000 in emergency ambulance fees in the last year.

His response: Hey, it doesn't cost me a cent!

And then we get these nice caring letters telling us it's all our fault. We've failed Kenny.

C.W. Nevius' Aug. 22 column, "Chronic drunks' treatment costs city millions each year," was extremely misguided about the real problem of the "chronic inebriants" in San Francisco.

Kenny Walters is not the problem. People like Kenny Walters need treatment for their addictions and to be shown a different way of life. When officers continuously cite Walters, it obviously makes no impact on him. If Walters has been cited over a 100 times and has warrants issued, as the article states, why are the officers not hauling him to jail and giving a judge a chance to incarcerate and/or put him in treatment for his alcoholism?

Thousands of people have recovered from this seemingly hopeless state of addiction. The problem is the apathy of people like Nevius and Officer John Andrews. It is easy to point out the problem, Mr. Nevius. The hard part is being willing to accept where we as a community and the system have failed the people that need our help. Maybe one day stories like these won't end with: "Eventually we find them under one of the bushes in Golden Gate Park - dead."

JUSTIN SALINGER

:o