Watching the Bills and Sabres abroad

So I am looking into going abroad for a year or so after I finish grad school in December either doing an internship or some sort of research fellowship. I will probably restrict myself to english speaking countries (i.e. Australia, Ireland, UK, NZ) with Australia being the most likely.

Anyone know if it is possible to get Bills or Sabres games in any of these countries, either online or otherwise. I know this shouldn't be a worry given the sorry state of these franchises, but its honestly my biggest concern with going abroad as I never miss bills games and rarely miss sabres games. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Being from the Netherlands I subscribe to NFL Gamepass HD which shows all games live and has them archived after games are over at a cost of roughly $260,- for the season. The season on nfl.com doesn't include preseason or playoffs/division championships/superbowl but does include a live feed of NFL Network as a bonus. This is only available if you are abroad. It is a little bit cheaper to choose for follow your team (safes about $30,-) but for the additional content it gives you at the $30,- extra I'd advise to go all the way if you decide to sub.

The p2p stuff is good. If you're willing to pay you can get HD feeds online with NFL Gamepass, and near HD NHL feeds with ESPN360. The NFL is surprise, surprise, pretty expensive, whereas ESPN360 is pretty good value IMO. But I guess you'd probably need an out of US credit card/billing address.

For the Bills - www.nfl.com/gamepass

For the Sabres - www.espn360.com

thanks for the suggestions

The NFL Gamepass sounds pretty cool. Is that all online or through direct TV or what? I'm assuming you can get it on a TV somehow if you can watch it in HD.

I have heard about the slingbox, how does that work and would it work if I was in another country?

The NFL Gamepass sounds pretty cool. Is that all online or through direct TV or what? I'm assuming you can get it on a TV somehow if you can watch it in HD.

I have heard about the slingbox, how does that work and would it work if I was in another country?

A -- connect slingbox (around $180) to your cable/satellite receiver and broadband internet (at home in US)

B -- download slingplayer software to your PC, laptop, or mobile phone

C -- watch TV anywhere you have a broadband internet connection

It's the shiznit. You have full remote control accessibility over your receiver via the slingplayer application.

NFL HD Gamepass is online. The resolution is OK, plus you can get all the games if you want and can watch them when ever you want, plus you get a few of the NFL networks shows. It is setup for NFL fans outside the USA.

You will get a couple of games a week in Australia. Some will be on cable and some on the commercial channels, but NFL game pass is your best bet.

Not too sure about the NHL games though......

A -- connect slingbox (around $180) to your cable/satellite receiver and broadband internet (at home in US)

B -- download slingplayer software to your PC, laptop, or mobile phone

C -- watch TV anywhere you have a broadband internet connection

It's the shiznit. You have full remote control accessibility over your receiver via the slingplayer application.

I've been using the slingbox for 4 years now and can't be happier with it. I have a relatively old box and it still has great quality plus no monthly fees is a huge plus. Also, in case you don't understand his "C" point, you can watch your slingbox on your computer wherever you have internet or on any computer with internet through sling.com which is a free option for slingbox users.

Being from the Netherlands I subscribe to NFL Gamepass HD which shows all games live and has them archived after games are over at a cost of roughly $260,- for the season. The season on nfl.com doesn't include preseason or playoffs/division championships/superbowl but does include a live feed of NFL Network as a bonus. This is only available if you are abroad. It is a little bit cheaper to choose for follow your team (safes about $30,-) but for the additional content it gives you at the $30,- extra I'd advise to go all the way if you decide to sub.

Link?

So I am looking into going abroad for a year or so after I finish grad school in December either doing an internship or some sort of research fellowship. I will probably restrict myself to english speaking countries (i.e. Australia, Ireland, UK, NZ) with Australia being the most likely.

Anyone know if it is possible to get Bills or Sabres games in any of these countries, either online or otherwise. I know this shouldn't be a worry given the sorry state of these franchises, but its honestly my biggest concern with going abroad as I never miss bills games and rarely miss sabres games. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oz- cable TV, 10HD free to air and NFL stream are all available. It's played on a Monday morning here though :lol: