Ted Kennedy...RIP

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this say of the people of Massachusetts? That's what I have always wondered, how could they reelect someone over and over who basically had no moral compass? I think it is very telling what Rico brought up in the other TED thread in the offtopic section, and that is that in google searches, after Ted Kennedy, Mary Joe and Chappaquiddick were the #2 and #3 searched google subjects, and as LA Billz said it, That is his legacy, and fittingly so.

What does this say of the people of Massachusetts? That's what I have always wondered, how could they reelect someone over and over who basically had no moral compass? I think it is very telling what Rico brought up in the other TED thread in the offtopic section, and that is that in google searches, after Ted Kennedy, Mary Joe and Chappaquiddick were the #2 and #3 searched google subjects, and as LA Billz said it, That is his legacy, and fittingly so.

He had no moral compass because of Chappaquiddick? That accident sums up his life and everything he did?

Seriously there was nothing else in his life than Chappaquiddick?

First, I suggest you learn the term Sacred Cows.

Are you seriously that naive and blinded that you believe that is the only scandal he had been a part of? I mean really PBills, what kind of homer are you?

Every rational thinking person, knows that in his personal life, he was a sack of sh--.

I bet that you didn't even read the article that Erin brought up, or the detailed info that the Senator did.

Of course, all you could say is "Why don't you just say that you hate him".

Now that is Pathetic.

First, I suggest you learn the term Sacred Cows.

Are you seriously that naive and blinded that you believe that is the only scandal he had been a part of? I mean really PBills, what kind of homer are you?

Every rational thinking person, knows that in his personal life, he was a sack of sh--.

I bet that you didn't even read the article that Erin brought up, or the detailed info that the Senator did.

Of course, all you could say is "Why don't you just say that you hate him".

Now that is Pathetic.

It just seems as though EVERY post is about Chappaquiddick and Mary Jo. Just saying. Yes, he was associated with scandals... however the man did a lot of good too. Easier I guess to avoid that.

And every rational person knows he was a sack of Sh1t? A lot of irrational people in this country then, on both sides of the aisle.

I thought George Will had a fair take on Kennedy.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...n1.2821db7.html

Nice article.

Political take, though...not personal. You can't really separate the two, and while by most accounts Ted was a political giant, he was also personally by most accounts a right bastard - which, I suspect, is a combination that holds true for most effective politicians.

Do you know the toughest democrat golf foursome to play behind?

Monica Lewinski...OJ Simpson...Ted Kennedy...& Bill Clinton

Monica is a hooker... OJ is a slicer... Kennedy couldn't drive over water...& Clinton doesn't know which hole to play. :wallbash::unsure::lol:

Nice article.

Political take, though...not personal. You can't really separate the two, and while by most accounts Ted was a political giant, he was also personally by most accounts a right bastard - which, I suspect, is a combination that holds true for most effective politicians.

Gotta think about that for two seconds and the names keep popping up: LBJ, Cheney, Reagan, Hatch, Gingrich, Delay, Clinton (both), Liberman, Long, Byrd.... I could go on and I still don't find many contradictions to your theory...

Gotta think about that for two seconds and the names keep popping up: LBJ, Cheney, Reagan, Hatch, Gingrich, Delay, Clinton (both), Liberman, Long, Byrd.... I could go on and I still don't find many contradictions to your theory...

A lot of people would dispute your examples (I know quite a few people who would consider Delay, Gingrich, Cheney, and Bill Clinton right bastards). Hell, I'd dispute a few of them (I've heard horror stories about Hillary, above and beyond my dislike for her).

Which brings up another point - depends a lot on your point of view. Like I said in another thread, when tenny suggested no one could say anything nice about Cheney: I'll bet he's nice to his grandkids. Even Hitler was nice to his dog.