Was Esther Rolle's performance in Good Times.....

The Poojer

You're talking about something that's 30 years old.

Ironically, John Amos, who played James Evans Sr. on the show, is still alive, while Esther died over a decade ago. In real life, John Amos is only eight years older than Jimmie Walker.

This should make us all feel old. Jimmie Walker, who played JJ on Good Times, was born June 25, 1947. That makes Jimmie sixty-freakin'-two years old. :thumbsup:

Ironically, John Amos, who played James Evans Sr. on the show, is still alive, while Esther died over a decade ago. In real life, John Amos is only eight years older than Jimmie Walker.

This should make us all feel old. Jimmie Walker, who played JJ on Good Times, was born June 25, 1947. That makes Jimmie sixty-freakin'-two years old. :devil:

I felt really bad for James Evans Sr, poor guy everytime it looked like he was finally going to get a promotion at work or a better paying job, the kids would get all excited and start planning what they were going to buy with the extra money, all Florida wanted was to get out of the projects and then 22 minutes later James opportunity would fall through.

Florida would rally the family together at the end of the episode and they would continue to "keep their head above water."

If they only new Jefferson Cleaners was opening franchises all over the five boroughs, perhaps Florida could have gotten a job managing one.

Damn! DAMN! DAAAAAAAAMN!!! :thumbsup: *smashing another punch bowl*

...and why was Florida Evans Maude's housekeeper?

Maude lived in the New York City suburbs, while on Good Times, the Evans family lived in the Chicago projects. :thumbsup::devil:

A lot of people have long commutes.

There's a guy on Fulton St. in NYC that sells 'black art' that looks like the murals they'd show during the credits. I always think about Good Times when I walk by him.

I felt really bad for James Evans Sr, poor guy everytime it looked like he was finally going to get a promotion at work or a better paying job, the kids would get all excited and start planning what they were going to buy with the extra money, all Florida wanted was to get out of the projects and then 22 minutes later James opportunity would fall through.

Florida would rally the family together at the end of the episode and they would continue to "keep their head above water."

If they only new Jefferson Cleaners was opening franchises all over the five boroughs, perhaps Florida could have gotten a job managing one.

Damn! DAMN! DAAAAAAAAMN!!! :) *smashing another punch bowl*

;)

Blame easy credit and ripoffs!

Good Times was in Chicago, Jefferson's was in NYC... :sick:

:P

:)

Blame easy credit and ripoffs!

Good Times was in Chicago, Jefferson's was in NYC... ;)

:sick:

Right! But she commuted to Maude's place in the beginning when she was a maid! Couldn't Maude have introduced Florida to her cousin Edith's neighbor, George and Louise Jefferson? I mean sure George wasn't a dry cleaning mogul at the beginning but over time his business grew to flourish!

*grabbing another punch bowl to smash*

Damn! DAMN!!! DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!

This should make us all feel old. Jimmie Walker, who played JJ on Good Times, was born June 25, 1947. That makes Jimmie sixty-freakin'-two years old. ;)

Oh dear God! I share a birthday with JJ?! :sick: Well at least I'll always have MJ's death as a present. :)

one of the worst acting jobs ever????? my god she is just awful....and that is saying alot considering the rest of the cast's acting skills...or lack thereof.....but why the F*** don't I turn the channel?????? :)

I liked her. She played the role as a good-hearted soul who loved her husband and her children. What do you want from a 1/2 hour sitcom? ;)