tony dungy flips out on vick

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uuuh, I meant more in terms of Vick ordering a drink named after, you know, a dog.

I think Booster's point is that Vick did NOT order a drink named after a dog - he ordered a Grey Goose vodka & pineapple juice.

I'll guess that some media-type either erroneously thought that vodka/pineapple is the drink known as a 'greyhound', or - more likely - just deliberately misreported that he ordered a 'greyhound' because it made for a better story.

I think Booster's point is that Vick did NOT order a drink named after a dog - he ordered a Grey Goose vodka & pineapple juice.

I'll guess that some media-type either erroneously thought that vodka/pineapple is the drink known as a 'greyhound', or - more likely - just deliberately misreported that he ordered a 'greyhound' because it made for a better story.

Exactly. Sorry I wasn't more clear, but I was posting from work.

Another completely overblown media story. He had a drink, just as every American has the right to do. And it was in an AIRPORT, not some shady club.

The thing that concerns me about the situation is that Vick was drinking a Greyhound. Come on Michael, that's a little feminine isn't it? What has prison done to this guy?!

Anyone who honestly believes that Vick's "change" is for real is just falling victim to the charm and proper word selection of a sociopath.

Vick has not changed one bit, he got caught doing something horrific and is very good of putting up the facade of caring now, Vick did not choose to stop dog fighting on his own. He was caught, if he hadn't of been caught he would probably be killing a dog with his bare hands as we speak.

...is a brand of premium vodka, produced in France. It is not the name of any sort of cocktail (other than Grey Goose' itself - as in, "I'll have a Grey Goose on the rocks, with a twist," for example).

link

I am kinda partial to Grey Goose L'Orange on the rocks. Grey Goose is smooth enough to do it by itself though. An excellent vodka actually.

Another completely overblown media story. He had a drink, just as every American has the right to do. And it was in an AIRPORT, not some shady club.

This is not the first time Vick has been busted in an airport. Maybe he should just avoid them all together.

In that article it says this too;

On July 27, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell detailed the conditions of Vick's reinstatement in a letter.

He wrote that the former Atlanta Falcons player, who was incarcerated for 18 months on a dogfighting conviction, was "required to abide by the terms of the supervised release that were imposed on you by the court, which include not committing any further crime, limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use, possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, and forbidding you to own, possess, or be involved with the sale of any dog."

Looks to me like he violated both the court order and the NFL's rules for his reinstatement unless his supervised release time is up. :rolleyes:

The "prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use" might mean that he cannot be legally intoxicated. So he's not necessarily in violation.

However the guy's and idiot, regardless of what his rights are. If he's trying to remediate his image, he wouldn't drink publicly. Maybe he has anxiety for flying and needed a drink to calm his nerves. Many people are like that and this would be perhaps the only legit rationale which would cause me to cut him slack. On the other hand he could have his Dr. prescribe something so as not to drink.

I find it a sign of weakness when a person "has to" have a drink or a smoke. I both drink and smoke but I don't have episodes where I "need" a fix.

If he wants to portray an image of a reformed, conscientious, and changed person, he wouldn't drink...at least not in public. I don't condemn him for doing so but I think it underscores what an idiot he is and I think it brings his character into question.

I sat at a blackjack table in Vega$ with Vick and his girlfriend the night before the Superbowl, the year Tampa won. Vick drank Greygoose and pineapple juice all night. The guy obviously hasn't changed a bit :rolleyes:

After proclaiming it was the last hand of the night he put 3 gold ($1000) chips down and hit blackjack. Actually the whole table won BIG that night.

I am kinda partial to Grey Goose L'Orange on the rocks. Grey Goose is smooth enough to do it by itself though. An excellent vodka actually.

Yes, G2 is a fine sipping vodka - I was boycotting it when th4e French got all anti-American on us, but have since let them 'out of the box' again.

There are so many great premium vodkas these days - a far cry from when Stoli & Absolut 'owned' the market. You seem to appreciate them as much as I do - if you haven't tried Charbay, from Napa, take it out for a 'test drive -

Charbay

(I hear they make a premium tequila now, as well.)

Another favorite is the natural raspberry-infused Hangar One, from Alameda, CA -

Hangar One

Yes, G2 is a fine sipping vodka - I was boycotting it when th4e French got all anti-American on us, but have since let them 'out of the box' again.

There are so many great premium vodkas these days - a far cry from when Stoli & Absolut 'owned' the market. You seem to appreciate them as much as I do - if you haven't tried Charbay, from Napa, take it out for a 'test drive -

Charbay

(I hear they make a premium tequila now, as well.)

Another favorite is the natural raspberry-infused Hangar One, from Alameda, CA -

Hangar One

I shall check that out. I miss the old days when the liquor reps would bring in samples...

I don't miss the hours though. Oh and expect DCTom to come storming in here and explain that there are no flavored vodkas, despite centuries of people making them.