Need to shake up this team with some high profile cuts

Chuckknox

Add Schobel to the cut list and I agree- Denney plays just as well for less and plays special teams and in an emergency will play DT

Bryan, Ellis, Maybin, Mace, Denney may very well suck but at least they will suck for less money- If Schobel and Kelsay make this team then I never want to hear DJ talk about competition for positions ever again because it's a lie.

I sorry but cutting Schobel is completely stupid. He is coming back from a serious injury and it will take time. But for a team lacking a pass rush, cutting your best pass rusher and #2 guy in sacks since 2000 is borderline retarded. If he doesn't produce this season, then we'll talk. But not because he hasn't been productive in preseason.

Cuts? What will that do? The 4 biggest problems.... in their order of concern.

1) Jauron is not an NFL head coach.... period. At best, he's a good DB coach in the NFL. That's it.

2) Turk Schonert is not an NFL OC... period. At best, he's a lower echelon QB coach in the NFL.

3) Perry Fewell is not an NFL DC... period. Jauron is, and has been the defacto DC the past 3 years

4) Russ Brandon is not an NFL GM... he's a marketing guy, and a good one... that's it.

It starts at the top.... If Wilson is content with losers as coaches, and having a GM with no sound football knowledge and strategy, then this is is good as it gets. Wilson jettisoned the best GM in the NFL many years ago, then canned another good one a few years later. Nothing like cutting off the hands that feed you.

Hard to say how good or if the players are any good when you have a coaching staff that flat out sucks. The same staff would suck at the college level. There's no spirit, emotion, soul, purpose, or pride with this staff. This group of Bills is the most pussified in their history. Even the teams of 84 and 85 had more moxie. This coaching staff is pathetic. If you brought in Schottenheimer to coach (he's too old), this team would win at least 4 more games that with Jauron. Jauron has set a tone... behave, be nice, cum bai ah, and let's see what happens.

As Jim Mora once said... "Playoffs? Playoffs? Are you kidding?"

Sorry folks, playoffs ain't happenin this season... 55K season tix for this crap? people are dumb. What a waste of $$$, what a waste of Sunday afternoons.

So, Jauron is at best a DB coach, Fewell is not an NFL DC, Jauron is? Real clarity of thought there. You may be from Jupiter, but your ideas are from Uranus.

it was just a preseason game, but aaron schoble better step up big time in the reg season.

i've been a big supporter of him and he's had a great career in blo, but if he's as bad as he looked due to his foot he's prolly done.

We need to see what Maybin can do before we jettison both Kelsay and Schobel. I'd cut one of them right now in a heartbeat.

As for Whitner, like it or not he is the best safety we have on the roster right now, sorry to be the one to break the news.

We need to cut Kelsay and Schobel (mainly because of their slaries) THIS SEASON. Lets face it, only a blind optimist could have playoff hopes this seasaon. We need to eat the huge cap hits this year, so that nest season we have the cap room to add some players. We cant be weighted down by both the players and their slaries into 2010 as well.

Anyone know when that time deadline is? IE, when is the latest date we can cut one of those guys and not have their salary on the 2010 books.

it was just a preseason game, but aaron schoble better step up big time in the reg season.

i've been a big supporter of him and he's had a great career in blo, but if he's as bad as he looked due to his foot he's prolly done.

Not sure if you watched the game yesterday but Schobel looked quick and was solid. As far as our first teamers, he was the best in run support. Everyone sucked in pass rush - go figure.

I sorry but cutting Schobel is completely stupid. He is coming back from a serious injury and it will take time. But for a team lacking a pass rush, cutting your best pass rusher and #2 guy in sacks since 2000 is borderline retarded. If he doesn't produce this season, then we'll talk. But not because he hasn't been productive in preseason.

I'm glad you are sorry- you should be

Before his foot injury in 5 games Schobel had 1 sack so he was on pace for a 3.2 sack season before the injury.

the season before he had 6.5 sacks which is pretty ho-hum

He is undersized and has loss a step and for every hustle play he makes there are three plays where he is absolutely dominated- if he had come a season where he had double digit sacks then preseason means nothing but he has come off two pretty bad seasons and football players don't age like fine wine.