Cowboys New Stadium

Marv Levy

Considering the new Dallas stadium has $90 pizza's, $12 sodas, $75 parking, you think Jerry Jones, would spend money on the Star logo in the middle of the 50 yard line! I'm watching the game and I can't believe they didn't put the logo in the center of the field. What's up with that?? Did JJ run outta money?!

On a side note, the Titans and K. Collins look like crap on offense.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the new Dallas stadium has $90 pizza's, $12 sodas, $75 parking, you think Jerry Jones, would spend money on the Star logo in the middle of the 50 yard line! I'm watching the game and I can't believe they didn't put the logo in the center of the field. What's up with that?? Did JJ run outta money?!

The missing star is weird! I wonder what that's all about?

Link

Hey man, don't be ridiculous! The pizzas cost $60, not $90. Who's going to pay $90 for a pizza? $60 is fair.

/sarcasm'd

:thumbsup: Ha Ha. Good find on the pizza correction. The whole thing is outrageous.

In all that excess, the party pass is a pretty good deal, actually. $29

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm...FAF635AAFD24CF8

The turf looks like really bad astroturf, though. I'm guessing it isn't, but that's what it looks like on my TV.

The turf looks like really bad astroturf, though. I'm guessing it isn't, but that's what it looks like on my TV.

Same feeling here, looks bad, plus at halftime they we're showing Jones giving a tour of the Stadium and when they we're on the field they we're still putting on the turf, it looked like there was not much thickness to that turf to go directly on concrete, or is it supposed to be like that??

In all that excess, the party pass is a pretty good deal, actually. $29

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm...FAF635AAFD24CF8

Looking through the site, it looks like that is just a standing room only ticket, no food included. I can't find a link to their standard concession prices either. The Bills used to have a page, but I can't find that one either. I did find an interesting article from 15 years ago about Stadium Concessions....

Football concessions score with upscale, classic items

"If we play the Buffalo Bills, we serve buffalo on a bun. We buy the meat from a local distributor, and our signs show the Buffalo Bills logo between two buns," said Mike Flannery, general manager of Fine Host at Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami.

Looking through the site, it looks like that is just a standing room only ticket, no food included. I can't find a link to their standard concession prices either. The Bills used to have a page, but I can't find that one either. I did find an interesting article from 15 years ago about Stadium Concessions....

Football concessions score with upscale, classic items

"If we play the Buffalo Bills, we serve buffalo on a bun. We buy the meat from a local distributor, and our signs show the Buffalo Bills logo between two buns," said Mike Flannery, general manager of Fine Host at Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami.

Yes, standing room only (and of course it doesn't include food, it's $29). Jones showed one of the areas at halftime, tonight. Decent spot to watch the game. They have several different "patios" in the stadium for that purpose. For those who like to stand most of the game and/or don't want to lay down a bunch of cash, it's not a bad deal. I used to do that at baseball games (and even the occasional Bills game) sometimes, anyway. If you get there early, you can probably get a primo spot right at the rail.

Same feeling here, looks bad, plus at halftime they we're showing Jones giving a tour of the Stadium and when they we're on the field they we're still putting on the turf, it looked like there was not much thickness to that turf to go directly on concrete, or is it supposed to be like that??

Well in one respect, the new Cowboys Stadium is not state of the art.

In the University of Phoenix Stadium (Arizona Cardinals) they wanted to be able to close the roof for air conditioning purposes. But they also wanted a natural grass field which ordinarily you cannot grow inside a stadium.

So they have a natural grass football field which rolls outside to get sun and then rolls back into the stadium for games.

Take that Jerry Jones.

Well in one respect, the new Cowboys Stadium is not state of the art.

In the University of Phoenix Stadium (Arizona Cardinals) they wanted to be able to close the roof for air conditioning purposes. But they also wanted a natural grass field which ordinarily you cannot grow inside a stadium.

So they have a natural grass football field which rolls outside to get sun and then rolls back into the stadium for games.

Take that Jerry Jones.

The Cardinals stadium took the moving field idea from two other stadiums. In Sapporo, Japan, their baseball stadium has that same feature and that was used the 2002 World Cup. I believe before that Vitesse in Dutch soccer opened their stadium, which also has that type of field.