Marshawn Lynch

I sat and watched the first 2 preseason games, and I thought it might be worth mentioning that I am finding it increasingly hard to notice much difference in the offensive attack with him in the game. Now I don't want to take anything away from the guy in terms of sheer effort on every play he plays... I love that about him, and can't think of another player I have seen give that much effort.

But the truth is, (and i am going to recall the glory days for a second), when the honorable #34 was playing for the Bills in the early 90's and he was in the game, even as a rookie you just KNEW we were a better team. Thurman had the ability to make you jump out of your seat nearly every series for several years, and I am hoping to see that from marshawn, and I haven't seen that from him yet, with the exception of a few games in his young career....

Is it poor O-line play? Is it indecisiveness? I'm not sure... does anyone else see it this way? Now don't think I am expecting him to be the next Thurman, I'd just like him to be clearly the best back on the team by a much wider margin, and there are times where I feel Fast Freddie might be a better option.

...there are times where I feel Fast Freddie might be a better option.

I think it speaks more to Fred's talent than Marshawn's lack there of. I think you'll notice more of a drop-off when Rhodes is in the game.

I sat and watched the first 2 preseason games, and I thought it might be worth mentioning that I am finding it increasingly hard to notice much difference in the offensive attack with him in the game. Now I don't want to take anything away from the guy in terms of sheer effort on every play he plays... I love that about him, and can't think of another player I have seen give that much effort.

But the truth is, (and i am going to recall the glory days for a second), when the honorable #34 was playing for the Bills in the early 90's and he was in the game, even as a rookie you just KNEW we were a better team. Thurman had the ability to make you jump out of your seat nearly every series for several years, and I am hoping to see that from marshawn, and I haven't seen that from him yet, with the exception of a few games in his young career....

Is it poor O-line play? Is it indecisiveness? I'm not sure... does anyone else see it this way? Now don't think I am expecting him to be the next Thurman, I'd just like him to be clearly the best back on the team by a much wider margin, and there are times where I feel Fast Freddie might be a better option.

I love Marshawn as a guy on the football field. I think his attitude helps bring teams together, he's always the one flying a towel, jumping around on the sidelines pumping us up. However, I don't know if he is a tier 1 RB in the NFL. He's too indecisive at times which compounds a bad play with our mediocre O-Line. If you look at the better RB's of this decade, most have been quick burst guys - it took AP some time to learn to just run and hit the whole rather than looking around. Guys like Slatan, Cjohnson, LT today - they are quick to make a decision on where to go. Time will only tell, but Marshawn seems more of a grinder RB to me than an all purpose back.

Our Oline failed to open holes consistently last season. At the same time, you would like to see Marshawn running downhill and not dancing as much. I think that lack of consistency and tempo has hurt our running game the most over the past couple of years.

Maybe the no huddle will help in that department

I love Marshawn as a guy on the football field. I think his attitude helps bring teams together, he's always the one flying a towel, jumping around on the sidelines pumping us up. However, I don't know if he is a tier 1 RB in the NFL. He's too indecisive at times which compounds a bad play with our mediocre O-Line. If you look at the better RB's of this decade, most have been quick burst guys - it took AP some time to learn to just run and hit the whole rather than looking around. Guys like Slatan, Cjohnson, LT today - they are quick to make a decision on where to go. Time will only tell, but Marshawn seems more of a grinder RB to me than an all purpose back.

no, you're wrong. he is a tier 1 RB. no offense.

I like his attitude (especially when he put's the pipe away).

My problem is with him is he is not fluid. He is too choppy at the line and indecisive when

choosing a hole. In college a split second does not mean much, in the NFL it means everything

between hitting the hole and getting some yardage, versus tackled. He will never be confused

with Barry Sanders, but he will get 1000+ yards based on he's a tough runner.

I would like to see him improve his footwork and hit the hole faster. Bulldozing for yardage

will only get you so far. When he does hit the hole he seems to stumble a bit and does not

get the extra yardage you'd hope for.

Lynch is never going to be that flashy RB that most fans look for, he just isn't a break away runner.

His game is toughness and durability.

I like him for what he is....not for what he isn't.... :lol:

Yeah, I agree. Lynch is more like Walter Payton than Gayle Sayers, both were great but Sayers was MUCH more flashy.

Can anyone here ever be happy with anyone on this team? Marshawn is no good, Edwards is no good, last year Poz was no good and on and on it goes. I mean wtf, according to some here, Maybin is terrible and the kid has yet to put on the uniform at the NFL level. For years this team has had major problems with the offensive line and finding a better than average QB. This could have something to do with the running game not looking like it did in the early 90s. You put Marshawn behind a good line and he will be an all-pro. Rarely does the first defender take Lynch down. If he had somewhat of a hole and got some momentum built up, he will leave defenders on their backs. He had one run Saturday night along the sideline where he absolutely flatened a Bears DB. Once this offense gets going, I think you will see a much more dominant Marshawn.

Can anyone here ever be happy with anyone on this team? I think you will see a much more dominant Marshawn.

I'm on board thinking this offense will click just fine and Marshawn (once suspensions over) will again morph into beastmode. I haven't seen a running back with a nose for the endzone in quite some time. Get inside the 20 and he can just smell it.

BTW, if he was a Bronco, Panther, or Jag; he would have 1500 yards minus the 3 games.