What made you think that 7-9 was underachieving?

Add Dallas to the list. That game reigns supreme in regards to coaching !@#$-ups.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Perfect Jauron irony. The one time where playing for the FG would have all but iced the game, what does he do? Has his rookie QB throwing at the goal line for a pick. :rolleyes:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Perfect Jauron irony. The one time where playing for the FG would have all but iced the game, what does he do? Has his rookie QB throwing at the goal line for a pick. :rolleyes:

And has the CBs covering the middle of the field with 9 seconds left. I have a headache.

The fact that we were even in the game considering the guys we started was also a testament to Jauron preparing the team.

But more importantly, who is your avatar? I bet she can cook her @ss off.

The fact that we were even in the game considering the guys we started was also a testament to Jauron preparing the team.

Come on, we were in that game thanks to a KO return and a couple INT returns. Yes there is coaching involved there too but it wasn't like we were marching up and down the field all night.

But more importantly, who is your avatar? I bet she can cook her @ss off.

I have no idea, but I realized I could switch from Eric Wood to her and not have to change my avatar title.

It wasn't like we were a better team, or even a good team, either.

Yet they still lost. Or the Broncos opener, where you don't dare throw it deep for 99% of your offensive plays, despite that being your QB's only weapon, and throwing only on a very high risk vs reward situation.

That's the whole point. Most games are decide by less than 7 points, and it usually boils down to one possession gone awry. When over a span of three seasons you still talk about the same boneheaded decisions in playcalling and clock management, it's usually not related to the players.

Is there any team in the NFL who doesn't aspire to get to the playoffs and then beyond? I mean what do you expect him to say in a press conference?

"Well football is a difficult game, and it is hard to win in the NFL. But that issue is compounded exponentially by the fact that our entire football team sucks, so the playoffs are an unrealistic expectation for this season."

I...expected him to say "My job was to get this team to the playoffs. I failed at doing that, therefore I am no longer qualified or able to coach this team. At this point I will continue front office duties until ownership finds a suitable replacement"

Thats what I EXPECT SouthGeorgiaBillsFan. I expect playoffs, which ultimately falls under the head coaches responsibility.

What do you Expect?

I applaud your point though many won't agree with you. Fans' expectations are completely whacked, which is part of being a fan. Now while Jauron has his faults, I think he has done a good job with our talent base. The reign of TD and the pick of Losman are moves that set franchises back for years. Now it appears we may have lucked out with Edwards, but time will tell.

Of course, there are a few cerebral fans that know all the pain and sacrifice the players and coaches go through is to merely "give it a go" and the ultimate goal is simply to exist.

The 2nd Jets loss, was JP's fault, the Cleveland game you guys were lucky to even be in it in the 4th quarter, and the 49'ers game was just abysmall all around, but the 9'ers were a better team than you last year so it wasn't that bad. And you really had no chance against us.

Q: for the annoying Pats* fan:

Why the hell are you here?

Yet they still lost. Or the Broncos opener, where you don't dare throw it deep for 99% of your offensive plays, despite that being your QB's only weapon, and throwing only on a very high risk vs reward situation.

That's the whole point. Most games are decide by less than 7 points, and it usually boils down to one possession gone awry. When over a span of three seasons you still talk about the same boneheaded decisions in playcalling and clock management, it's usually not related to the players.

MNF Bills vs Browns 2008

4 turnovers total

3 1st quarter interceptions

1 missed 48yd field goal

Only 2 Bills caught a pass the entire game, with Marshawn Lynch accounting for over half of the receiving yards.

"Yeah, you have to make it. It's ridiculous. I missed my line. You have to make those." - Ryan Lindell, of the game losing missed FG.

And you want to blame the coaches? I wish that you were being paid for your opinions so that we could fire your incompetent asses. And it isn't limited to just this game. It is the same old story. Team doesn't win - blame coach. Why is it so hard for fans to just accept the fact when their team simply IS NOT GOOD?

Does everyone remember when Belichick coached the Browns? Where was his superior football genius back then? It was riding the pine, unnoticed amongst the throng of sub-average players. From 1991-1995 the Browns under BB were 36-44. Ironically, if you extrapolate one more 7-9 Bills season over a similar five year span, you end up with almost identical records of 35-45. But yea, blame the coaches, since every ounce of logic and reason, not to mention empirical evidence, suggests that good coaching can compensate for bad playing.

I...expected him to say "My job was to get this team to the playoffs. I failed at doing that, therefore I am no longer qualified or able to coach this team. At this point I will continue front office duties until ownership finds a suitable replacement"

Thats what I EXPECT SouthGeorgiaBillsFan. I expect playoffs, which ultimately falls under the head coaches responsibility.

What do you Expect?

I expect football players to win football games, not the coaches. I expect the best 6 teams in each conference to make the playoffs, and the other 10 teams in each conference to watch them on TV. I expect the team whose place kicker makes the game winning attempt (i.e. the Browns last year) to defeat the team whose place kicker misses the game winning attempt (i.e the Bills). Do you expect money to rain from the sky as well sir? Hope and expectation are very very different, but clearly you have no grasp of that.

Then explain Jauron's losing at Chicago and Detroit. Buffalo is not his first job. And five Bills caught passes that night vs Cleveland and I recall Jaws commenting about how open receivers were down the field and TE checked down.

Does everyone remember when Belichick coached the Browns? Where was his superior football genius back then? It was riding the pine, unnoticed amongst the throng of sub-average players. From 1991-1995 the Browns under BB were 36-44. Ironically, if you extrapolate one more 7-9 Bills season over a similar five year span, you end up with almost identical records of 35-45. But yea, blame the coaches, since every ounce of logic and reason, not to mention empirical evidence, suggests that good coaching can compensate for bad playing.

Because talking about the Pats greatness gets boring when everyone agrees with you. We have very few positional battles and theres not much to say about the rookies until the season starts, the most exciting topic on our boards right now is Julian Edelman one of our 7th rounders a.k.a. Wes Welker 2.0, you guys should check out some of this highlights from our first preseason game, this kid rules. Returned a punt for a TD and cought 5 passes for 37 yards. He was a QB at Kent State, my guess is he's going to be our wildcat extraordinaire.

And you want to blame the coaches? I wish that you were being paid for your opinions so that we could fire your incompetent asses. And it isn't limited to just this game. It is the same old story. Team doesn't win - blame coach. Why is it so hard for fans to just accept the fact when their team simply IS NOT GOOD?

Ok, since you won't accept valid responses about the coach's shortcomings, let's follow this line.

Tell me, who had the final say, next to RW, on that inferior roster composition since 2006? Who sat Fred Jackson on the bench in favor of ATrain? Kiwaukee Thomas/Jason Webster or Jabari Greer? Mario Hagan or Tedy Lehman?

A player here, a player there. A first down here, a first down there. It's all about players executing, because we all know it's hard to win in the NFL. Right?