Unusual Explanations for the Obesity Epidemic

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that matter?

You're crying me a river about the poor single mom who can't afford to feed her kids. Whose fault is that? If she's single with no kids she's not an issue. She can probably afford to feed herself. Most people's lives suck due to their own actions.

You're right, boiling water is a B word. You do realize that that is the process for cooking all three of those right? :rolleyes:

Yeah, plain old boiled beans and oatmeal tastes great! :doh:

You guys are really stretching now. :worthy:

You're crying me a river about the poor single mom who can't afford to feed her kids. Whose fault is that? If she's single with no kids she's not an issue. She can probably afford to feed herself. Most people's lives suck due to their own actions.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of it being cheaper to eat unhealthy.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of it being cheaper to eat unhealthy.

Each meal may not be cheaper but the amount of money the household spends on food is not because she can't afford to feed all the mouths she created. And I've already proved (in another thread) that it is not that much more expensive to eat healthy.

You're right, boiling water is a B word. You do realize that that is the process for cooking all three of those right? :rolleyes:

Not if you want them to taste good. Try eating oatmeal with nothing on it, or feeding a child boiled kale on a plate. I hate fast food, but even I would go jack a sukka and buy a cheeseburger from Mickey-D's if my momma ever tried to put that crap on the table.

Not if you want them to taste good. Try eating oatmeal with nothing on it, or feeding a child boiled kale on a plate. I hate fast food, but even I would go jack a sukka and buy a cheeseburger from Mickey-D's if my momma ever tried to put that crap on the table.

Oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar....yum. Save the boiled water and saute the kale with a little garlic and salt. Better yet, sauteed mustard greens with garlic and salt....double yum. Come on folks it's not rocket surgery.

Oatmeal with a little bit of brown sugar....yum. Save the boiled water and saute the kale with a little garlic and salt. Better yet, sauteed mustard greens with garlic and salt....double yum. Come on folks it's not rocket surgery.

You've GOT to be kidding me.... Your proposed meal is mustard greens with garlic and salt? And that's a "double yum" for you?!

Thanks for making my point for me! :rolleyes:

Brown sugar? Yes, I'm sure that's a staple of every low-income household. Hell, maybe it is.

You've GOT to be kidding me.... Your proposed meal is mustard greens with garlic and salt? And that's a "double yum" for you?!

Thanks for making my point for me! :rolleyes:

No, but maybe a grilled chicken breast with sauteed greens. Any idea how much that costs? Probably not much more than a Big Mac, fries and a coke.

No, but maybe a grilled chicken breast with sauteed greens. Any idea how much that costs? Probably not much more than a Big Mac, fries and a coke.

But a hell of a lot more than something processed in the frozen food department.