Interesting Statistic on McGee

I would say Nnamdi Asomugha is an elite corner... the dude is just ridiculous. These statistics only take into account the number of times they gave up touchdowns. Corners who go for the big plays are going to be the ones that give up more touchdowns. There are many times that there is a 10-20 yard pass that guys give up but are able to prevent the touchdown. That hurts nearly as much and happens MUCH more often than the TD pass.

The fact he was only tested 35 times as compared to the rest of the group tells me all I need to know about Asomugha. He's a rare talent at the position. I hate the term lock down CB but he's as close as you're gonna get in today's game.

GO BILLS!!!

Pretty interesting stuff, just call him McLockdown. What amazed me was that McGee was targeted A LOT last season and really held up his own. Considering that McKelvin has another year under his belt and has looked like a phenom in preseason so far (not to mention the insane amount of depth we have in the secondary), I really think teams are going to have fits throwing against us this year.

If Schobel and Maybin can show up and give us solid pressures (not even sacks, just good consistent pressure around the edge that forces QBs to rush throws) we should have ourselves a handful of INTs this season.

Good info...However, until the Bills front seven can stop the run and put pressure on the QB, it does not matter how good the DBs are.

I have to admit, I'm surprised to see RBarber and NClements in the worst 5 list. It just shows that both players make the big plays @ times but in doing so they take a lot of chances and don't always gamble correctly.

And I bet McKelvin is more likely to be in this list than the other.

Trying to measure corners by statistical analysis is nearly impossible, but among the analyses I've seen this has to be among the worst imaginable.

Does it take into account what defense was being played? The best corners are frequently left on an island which makes the rest of the defense stronger but also makes them more vulnerable and likely targets.

Does it take into account what players they were running against? The best corners are often asked to chase premier receivers all over the field, again making htem more likely targets and making their jobs far more difficult.

Does it take into account down/distance, the score and time remaining in the game, the length of the touchdown or a thousand other factors such as zone v man, how long an opposing QB had to throw, how many plays a guy had made going the other way, etc ad infinitum.

Sorry, but it's one of the stupidest "statistics" I've ever come across.