Jonathan Stupar

Guest dog14787

At 6-3, 254 Lbs, TE Jonathan Stupar is making his presence felt on the football field.

Nephew of former NFL QB Jeff Hostetler, Jonathan Stupar attended State College Area high School where he set a School record his senior year with 45 receptions for 515 yards along with compiling 75 tackles on defense. Stupar also played on the basketball team and made honor role while in attendance. Jonathan Stupar continued on through College playing Tight End for the Virginia Cavaliers where he recorded 80 receptions for 803 yards and 3 TD's. In his final year with the Cavaliers Stupar was coming on strong, finishing the year out with 40 receptions for 359 yards and 2 TD's.

When you watch Jonathan Stupar play its easy to see the man plays with allot of heart and he loves the game of football. Stupar has good hands, he's fearless going across the middle and he blocks well. What most folks don't know is Jonathan's love for football also turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Jonathan Stupar was brought in as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots at the beginning of the 08 season where a broken foot led to a mended heart for Jonathan Stupar. Ultimately, it may have saved the 23-year-old’s life. During rehab Doctors found that Stupar was suffering from Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome, a heart condition that can prove fatal.

“It’s a heart abnormality,” said Stupar. “I had an extra electrical circuit in the heart and it’s something they can only catch really on an EKG. So a broken foot suffered while practicing on the football field in essence may have saved his life.

Now Jonatahn Stupar has his heart set on playing football in the NFL. I really hope the young man gets a chance to full fill his dream by earning a spot on the roster with the Buffalo Bills.

I can hear Boomer now ( a song by the kinks )"Jonathan wish i could fly like Stuparman"......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I know for a fact that he was here (in Orchard Park) for most of the offseason. He was always over at the stadium, working in the weight room and constantly trying to get himself in the best possible shape he could.

I'm very happy all of that work is paying off for him.

I'll be very happy when I know for sure Jonathan Stupar has secured a spot on our active roster for the season. It appears he is making headway , but we are somewhat overloaded with good athletes right now and there's going to be some very tough decisions ahead.

Guest dog14787
At 6-3, 254 Lbs, TE Jonathan Stupar is making his presence felt on the football field.

Nephew of former NFL QB Jeff Hostetler, Jonathan Stupar attended State College Area high School where he set a School record his senior year with 45 receptions for 515 yards along with compiling 75 tackles on defense. Stupar also played on the basketball team and made honor role while in attendance. Jonathan Stupar continued on through College playing Tight End for the Virginia Cavaliers where he recorded 80 receptions for 803 yards and 3 TD's. In his final year with the Cavaliers Stupar was coming on strong, finishing the year out with 40 receptions for 359 yards and 2 TD's.

When you watch Jonathan Stupar play its easy to see the man plays with allot of heart and he loves the game of football. Stupar has good hands, he's fearless going across the middle and he blocks well. What most folks don't know is Jonathan's love for football also turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Jonathan Stupar was brought in as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots at the beginning of the 08 season where a broken foot led to a mended heart for Jonathan Stupar. Ultimately, it may have saved the 23-year-old’s life. During rehab Doctors found that Stupar was suffering from Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome, a heart condition that can prove fatal.

“It’s a heart abnormality,” said Stupar. “I had an extra electrical circuit in the heart and it’s something they can only catch really on an EKG. So a broken foot suffered while practicing on the football field in essence may have saved his life.

Now Jonatahn Stupar has his heart set on playing football in the NFL. I really hope the young man gets a chance to full fill his dream by earning a spot on the roster with the Buffalo Bills.

Its a bird, its a plane, its Stuparman!!!!

Just curious, if somebody makes a wisecrack about Penn State will Lori ban them? :nana:
No, but she will watch them pretty closely. ;)

Good answer.

They'll also have to deal with Rich (yes, I know..."Who's R. Rich?"). ;)

Better answer. Still forgot about Simon, though.

<_<

I'm starting to think the Patriots* cut Stupar with the intention of us picking him up and thus gaining an inside spy!

<_<

I don't think even Bellicheat needs an inside spy at the Bills. He can see all he needs to looking at the tape and he clearly knows how to kick the s**t out of DJ on his worst day.

Spies on Miami and even the Jets, maybe.

The Bills, why bother?

Guest dog14787

If this doesn't catch someones attention, nothing else will.

Jonathan Stupar has been the leading receiver for the Buffalo Bills 3 weeks in a row, averaging over 10 yards a reception with 15 receptions totaling 155 yards and 1 TD.( you can basically add another TD on an interference call in the endzone)

Guest dog14787

Jonathan Stupar has been the leading receiver for the Buffalo Bills 3 weeks in a row, averaging over 10 yards a reception totaling 158 yards and 1 TD.( you can basically add another TD on an interference call in the endzone)

When asked about Jonathan Stupar, Jauron almost seemed to downplay his performance in my opinion.

Trying to justify your draft picks by ignoring the real talent on your football team is BS and if Jonathan Stupar gets released and meanwhile we keep 10 F%$king DB's, I will lose any confidence I have left in DJ. (which isn't much)

We will just have to keep going, geesh, DJ really gets to me sometimes. :sick:

When asked about Jonathan Stupar, Jauron almost seemed to almost downplay his performance in my opinion.

Trying to justify your draft picks by ignoring the real talent on your football team is BS and if Jonathan Stupar gets released and meanwhile we keep 10 F%$king DB's, I will lose any confidence I have left in DJ. (which isn't much)

We will just have to keep going, geesh, DJ really gets to me sometimes. :sick:

He certainly was not effusive in his praise of the only guy on the team that looked NFL ready last night...

I noticed that too.

He wants to cut him so he can keep Shouman. Trying to prime it so he can.

Guest dog14787
He certainly was not effusive in his praise of the only guy on the team that looked NFL ready last night...

I noticed that too.

He wants to cut him so he can keep Shouman. Trying to prime it so he can.

Derek Schouman should not be a shoe in, and Derek Fine is not fine, he's worthless, I don't care where they were drafted or who likes them. :sick:

Sub par play from the TE position has been one of Buffalo's biggest problems on offense (OC the biggest) and now we finally have a TE in the mix that can change things and we better hold on to him, or I'll.... I'll.... I'll be really pissed off :ph34r:

Derek Schouman should not be a shoe in, and Derek Fine is not fine, he's worthless, I don't care where they were drafted or who likes them. :sick:

Sub par play from the TE position has been one of Buffalo's biggest problems on offense (OC the biggest) and now we finally have a TE in the mix that can change things and we better hold on to him, or I'll.... I'll.... I'll be really pissed off :ph34r:

He is a goner. He can play, but he is a UDFA.

A soon to be effective Dolphin or Panther.

Shouman was a draft pick and so was Fine and Nelson. And TE likes playing with Shouman, dammit, they really like playing together! And on Fridays they look great! Whats wrong with you???

Guest dog14787
He is a goner. He can play, but he is a UDFA.

A soon to be effective Dolphin or Panther.

Shouman was a draft pick and so was Fine and Nelson. And TE likes playing with Shouman, dammit, they really like playing together! And on Fridays they look great! Whats wrong with you???

I don't know whats wrong with me. :thumbsup:

I know I should like Schouman and Fine because DJ really likes them allot. :worthy:

Guest dog14787
Jonathan has been "Stupar Dupar" this preseason and I would like to see him in the starting lineup next week against the Steelers. Pair him with Nelson in a double tight end set to open the pass game.

Stupar currently leads the NFL with 15 receptions and is 2nd in the NFL for yards receiving (155)

I realize its preseason and he's one up on everyone, but this fella deserves a shot at the starting lineup. Lets see if Trent Edwards can develop some chemistry with the young TE. Stupar is the biggest, strongest best blocking TE we have, oh, and this just in, the guy can catch a football

Jonathan Stupar has been the leading receiver for the Buffalo Bills 3 weeks in a row, averaging over 10 yards a reception with 15 receptions totaling 155 yards and 1 TD.(you can basically add another TD on an interference call in the endzone)

Also, Stupar was wide open in the end zone last week against the Bears but Fitzpatrick threw an uncatchable ball.

It's implausible to me that he won't make the final roster.

It's implausible to me that he's not vying for the starting job.

I was incredulous this week when Sal Maiorana wrote a story in the D&C about the Bills' tight ends and the story did not even mention Jonathan Stupar. The Bills will not be able to stash this guy on the practice squad (and why would they, he's their best tight end) so I hope that this is not part of their "thinking."

As usual, let us hope for the best (and expect the worst).

Jonathan Stupar has been the Bills best player this preseason and deserves to make the team

The only problem is that would mean the Fo and coaches w0ould have to admit one of their draft picks was wrong. They don't want to get rid of Shouman (TE likes him, Ooohh) and Fine and Nelson are 4th and 5th rounders that are young.

Trust the bills brain"trust" to get this one wrong.

we need to get rid of Shouman AND Fine.

But it wont happen. More likely Stupar will be playing in another uniform this season.