Tell me why Marshawn Lynch is playing in the preseason

the first three games. With our OL still coming together and Lynch not needing to play until week 4, why not let the RBs that are going to play get the reps?

Am I the only one that thinks this coaching staff is mildly retarded?

After watching Hard Knocks with the Bengals last week, I can only imagine being able to listen in to the jewels of wisdom our coaching staff comes up with to justify their logic.

If you had another brain it would be lonely.

If you had another brain it would be lonely.

You know these threads don't have to turn into an attack on the poster. Just because I have an opinion that differs from yours, somehow I'm a retard. Maybe I'm the smart one here and everyone else is wrong. Maybe not. That's what makes TBD so great. I'd like to hear some constructive counterpoint.

You know these threads don't have to turn into an attack on the poster. Just because I have an opinion that differs from yours, somehow I'm a retard. Maybe I'm the smart one here and everyone else is wrong. Maybe not. That's what makes TBD so great. I'd like to hear some constructive counterpoint.

Constructive counterpoint: According to your logic, no starter should play in a preseason game. You cannot possible have meant that, but simply popped off without thinking. It was unwise, but not a crime. You, however, opened yourself up to attacks by deciding to call someone else "retard." Perhaps you will think twice in the future.

Go Bills!

Constructive counterpoint: According to your logic, no starter should play in a preseason game. You cannot possible have meant that, but simply popped off without thinking. It was unwise, but not a crime. You, however, opened yourself up to attacks by deciding to call someone else "retard." Perhaps you will think twice in the future.

Go Bills!

I agree with the retard comment assessment. I did not say that that I thought no starter should play in the preseason. Marshawn will not be playing the beginning of the season. The fact that we will only have him for 13 games makes it more important to ensure he will be available to play in those games.

And why not send him a message regarding his suspension for those games? Let him sit and watch these preseason games and the first few regular season games and think about what's important in his life, his football career or partying.

Maybe I'm the smart one here and everyone else is wrong. Maybe not. That's what makes TBD so great. I'd like to hear some constructive counterpoint.

I'm thinking it's 'maybe not'. If anything, Lynch needs more work in the pre-season so that he doesn't lose too much ground during the 3 weeks off and it doesn't kill half the season for him while he 'works his way into game shape' (look how well that worked for Peters last year). You want him in top shape for week 4 so he'd better be razor sharp by the end of camp.

the first three games. With our OL still coming together and Lynch not needing to play until week 4, why not let the RBs that are going to play get the reps?

Am I the only one that thinks this coaching staff is mildly retarded?

After watching Hard Knocks with the Bengals last week, I can only imagine being able to listen in to the jewels of wisdom our coaching staff comes up with to justify their logic.

Frankly I find the word "retarded" highly ofensive and maybe you should look in the mirror be fore you should use it.

I already gave it to you. The poster doesn't have to be attacked nor do the people that respond to the posting. Lynch is undeniably the # 1 rb but that doesn't mean he should sit out the preseason because of his 3 game suspension.

I'm thinking it's 'maybe not'. If anything, Lynch needs more work in the pre-season so that he doesn't lose too much ground during the 3 weeks off and it doesn't kill half the season for him while he 'works his way into game shape' (look how well that worked for Peters last year). You want him in top shape for week 4 so he'd better be razor sharp by the end of camp.

What KD says plus that he is playing behind a brand new offensive line and needs time to gel with that line. He has a new no huddle offense to learn. It is intuitively obvious that playing him now is essential for him to be in the best football shape in week 4. Sitting him in the preseason as extra punishment for smoking pot in a car is ridiculous.

What KD says plus that he is playing behind a brand new offensive line and needs time to gel with that line. He has a new no huddle offense to learn. It is intuitively obvious that playing him now is essential for him to be in the best football shape in week 4. Sitting him in the preseason as extra punishment for smoking pot in a car is ridiculous.

That hurts the team, not just Marshawn.

The entire premise is preposterous.

That hurts the team, not just Marshawn.

The entire premise is preposterous.

And so you're trying to tell me that him smoking pot in a car and having a gun didn't hurt the team? What happened to making team bigger than any one player? That's what's wrong with this team.

And so you're trying to tell me that him smoking pot in a car and having a gun didn't hurt the team? What happened to making team bigger than any one player? That's what's wrong with this team.

Aye aye aye

His suspension (from getting caught in the car) hurt the team. I don't think his smoking pot in the car hurts the team one bit. But he got caught and that hurt the team. Now you are suggesting the coaches hurt the team further?

But what does this have to do with your original point (which as far as I can tell had nothing to do with punishing Lynch) or post #6, where you suggest this is endangering Lynch's health?

You seem to be all over the place trying to defend a rather indefensible position, IMO.

Lynch will be the starter for the bulk of the season. How do you propose he get accustomed to the no huddle, the new O Line, etc?

I agree, you deserve your opinion. Its just that your opinion on this matter is stupid.