It needs to be said.....I still like the Maybin pick

Why does it need to be said ?

Just for the simple fact that we did in fact pass on Oher.......had just traded away our Left Tackle......and the reasoning we did that (including mine) was that taking Oher would be taking the 3rd or 4th best at the position instead of having our pick of the DE's.

I was not against the Maybin pick.....but he isn't here....and right up until he had to go to the locker room Oher was piledriving BALTIMORE STARTING DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.....and starting at RT right out the gate.

And while I hope Maybin comes in and shows us what a pass rush really looks like......we could have had Oher, Wood, AND Everette Brown

And while I hope Maybin comes in and shows us what a pass rush really looks like......we could have had Oher, Wood, AND Everette Brown

Honestly what is the fascination with Everette Brown? The guy fell harder than a 1 ton weight off a cliff in the draft. It's almost like people think the rest of the GMs in the NFL were in cahoots to play a cruel joke on the Bills and their fans by passing on him once (some even twice) just so the Bills could pass on the guy and we could all regret it for the rest of our lives.

Honestly what is the fascination with Everette Brown? The guy fell harder than a 1 ton weight off a cliff in the draft. It's almost like people think the rest of the GMs in the NFL were in cahoots to play a cruel joke on the Bills and their fans by passing on him once (some even twice) just so the Bills could pass on the guy and we could all regret it for the rest of our lives.

I was cool with Maybin instead of Brown.......but Brown is in camp and Maybin is not.

It isn't even to say that Brown is better then Maybin....only that you could have gotten a lot of value with Oher (provided he keeps this up), Wood (who we all love), and Brown (who is also a pretty good pass rusher)

I was cool with Maybin instead of Brown.......but Brown is in camp and Maybin is not.

It isn't even to say that Brown is better then Maybin....only that you could have gotten a lot of value with Oher (provided he keeps this up), Wood (who we all love), and Brown (who is also a pretty good pass rusher)

How about we wait until a few seasons are over with before we start playing the "we should have drafted so and so" game?

Just for the simple fact that we did in fact pass on Oher.......had just traded away our Left Tackle......and the reasoning we did that (including mine) was that taking Oher would be taking the 3rd or 4th best at the position instead of having our pick of the DE's.

I was not against the Maybin pick.....but he isn't here....and right up until he had to go to the locker room Oher was piledriving BALTIMORE STARTING DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.....and starting at RT right out the gate.

Why was Oher driving defensive players on his own team into the ground? Doesn't a good OT drive the opposing players into the ground? :wacko::blink:

I think the Bills front office would have been severely criticized had they selected an OT in round 1. You cannot replace departed free agents and in this case traded players with your first round pick every year and get ahead. I like the Maybin pick too, as it represents the team looking long term and not just for DJ's make or break season. No one should expect even when AM appears that he'll collect 10+ sacks, but hopefully in the future.

At the same time, I'm concerned about the depth at OT on this team. And while I can't comment on Oher, I won't fault the front office for not selecting him. He has some motivation issues and isn't as consistent as some wanted. Besides, the pass rush needed an infusion of talent, and no one on the team could flash the physical skills Maybin offers. Whether he takes that ability and translates that onto the field is another matter. I figured a deal would be complete by now.