Belichick's brain

Billistic

At the cost of needing to win so badly that cheating becomes part of his SOP? No thanks.....

Easy now. You're accusing the GREATEST SINGLE FOOTBALL MIND IN HISTORY of resorting to tactics not worthy of that status.

The ONLY thing that I find superior about Belichek, and this is a testament to his defensive roots, is that he puts a premium on the front seven. Because of that you can have Mother Theresa playing DB and look good. As for his ingenious "schemes" they only apply with regard to his blitz packages. He is a master at creating mismatches at the POA against what he perceives to be the weakest protective link of an offense.

Whether or not he shows 3-4 or 4-3 is of little consequence to an OL that has good recognition and a QB that can read a defense AT ALL.

But I digress since this thread is not about Bill Belichek, GENIUS COACH, but rather another in a long line of Dick Jauron HAS NO CLUE threads instead.

GO BILLS!!!

Easy now. You're accusing the GREATEST SINGLE FOOTBALL MIND IN HISTORY of resorting to tactics not worthy of that status.

The ONLY thing that I find superior about Belichek, and this is a testament to his defensive roots, is that he puts a premium on the front seven. Because of that you can have Mother Theresa playing DB and look good. As for his ingenious "schemes" they only apply with regard to his blitz packages. He is a master at creating mismatches at the POA against what he perceives to be the weakest protective link of an offense.

Whether or not he shows 3-4 or 4-3 is of little consequence to an OL that has good recognition and a QB that can read a defense AT ALL.

But I digress since this thread is not about Bill Belichek, GENIUS COACH, but rather another in a long line of Dick Jauron HAS NO CLUE threads instead.

GO BILLS!!!

He's a really good coach but you give him way too much credit. He made his mark with the Giants but it was a team that already had a top 10 defense and maybe teh greatest defensive player on it already. His record before lucking into a Hall of Fame QB was a Jauron like 41-57.

Again, he is a really good but so overrated and I won't put him in my top 10 NFL coaches list.

At the cost of needing to win so badly that cheating becomes part of his SOP? No thanks.....

And the SOP cheating didn't just hurt his reputation. (Imagine his HOF induction vs. Wilson/Smith. The only thing anyone will be thinking about is that he cheated to win.) It also seriously damaged the creditability of the league in ways that will only become apparent in the years to come. Eventually someone in the media with courage will do a real expose instead of helping with the cover up. If it wasn't for fantasy football and gambling the NFL would be in much worse shape.

He's a really good coach but you give him way too much credit. He made his mark with the Giants but it was a team that already had a top 10 defense and maybe teh greatest defensive player on it already. His record before lucking into a Hall of Fame QB was a Jauron like 41-57.

Again, he is a really good but so overrated and I won't put him in my top 10 NFL coaches list.

I didn't think I was giving him that much credit. But I see your point. And yes, it's nice to have an HOFer at the most critical position.

Another thing I'd like to add is the Pats' ability to line up in 3-4 or 4-3 would be SEVERELY mitigated by running a spread offense. But that's easier said than done since that alignment is VERY vulnerable at the edges and, given our T situation, really puts the onus on the OLine to play well. And their front four is VERY talented, albeit getting longer in the tooth. Then again, last time we played them we ran rather well on a day EVERYONE knew we had to run and WHO had to carry the ball. Their secondary does nothing to worry me.

GO BILLS!!!

I see. Well that begs the question why you post so often on the New England boards. Many are calling you a troll, I found it interesting though that you seem to at least be consistent in marginally backing the Bills.

Not that I owe you an answer, but I follow interesting football wherever I can find it.

If the only football you do is Bills football, you're missing almost all of the good and interesting stuff. I was damned by birth to care about the Bills, but that does not subsume my love for seeing the game played well.

Any other questions?

Not that I owe you an answer, but I follow interesting football wherever I can find it.

If the only football you do is Bills football, you're missing almost all of the good and interesting stuff. I was damned by birth to care about the Bills, but that does not subsume my love for seeing the game played well.

Any other questions?

Sorry, I thought I was being polite. I avoided referencing the other SN on purpose and asked simple questions which, if you were paying attention, actually refute the notion you are a troll. You were the one who asked for snarkiness though, so you might want to develop a tougher skin.

Any other questions?

That's a fair answer, IMHO.....

Sorry, I thought I was being polite. I avoided referencing the other SN on purpose and asked simple questions which, if you were paying attention, actually refute the notion you are a troll. You were the one who asked for snarkiness though, so you might want to develop a tougher skin.

You're well on your way to defining yourself as a stalker. Doing research on a football board poster...kind of weird to me. Just saying...

Try girls, or get a pet.

You're well on your way to defining yourself as a stalker. Doing research on a football board poster...kind of weird to me. Just saying...

Try girls, or get a pet.

Actually, it was simply googling your quote. Took all of two seconds and then say 2-3 minutes to skim your posts. I found it interesting in that it seemed to make you less likely to be a troll. However, I have been known to be wrong frequently...

Very good defensive coach. Good organizer and decent leader. OK with cheating if it helps him win. Lucky to find a HOF QB, which turned his record around and probably made his career. On the other hand he knew what to do with Brady when he got him and allowed the offense to develop around him. He's definitely top 10 in today's game, not top ten all time though by any stretch.

"Certainly you would like a Hall of Fame Quarterback. I like Trent, I think he looks good. We are satisfied with our Defense and our team. They practice hard, they really do. Obviously you would like to videotape opposing defensive signals, but some use a laminated play-chart, and you can't prepare for that. Its hard to cheat in the NFL."