(Lamp) Not sure whether to be happy or sad

plenzmd1

So, both chuckleheads back today after 4 weeks at camp. They go to an awesome camp just outside of New Bern NC right on the Neuse River which allows no electronics of any kind and only communication with them for 4 weeks has been snail mail.

So they both cry when we pick them up at their respective camps(which is to expected from a 10 and 8 yr old). wifey poo went to same camp and remembers same feeling. But the boy (8) , just is not happy to be home LOL.

I thought he would head str8 to the WII, but "Wii is boring" .. Basically says the same thing for everything I suggest, which I guess is a good thing. He is just down in the dumps after being home for about 8 hrs now. In short, he says its not that I don't want to be home, just rather be at camp.

So, should I be happy I am getting my moneys worth and the kids think camp is the best 4 weeks of the year?

Or, a little sad that the old man just cannot cannot compete. For the record, I am really happy they love camp, get 4 weeks of making their own fun etc, and love they can't wait to go back again next week.

So, both chuckleheads back today after 4 weeks at camp. They go to an awesome camp just outside of New Bern NC right on the Neuse River which allows no electronics of any kind and only communication with them for 4 weeks has been snail mail.

So they both cry when we pick them up at their respective camps(which is to expected from a 10 and 8 yr old). wifey poo went to same camp and remembers same feeling. But the boy (8) , just is not happy to be home LOL.

I thought he would head str8 to the WII, but "Wii is boring" .. Basically says the same thing for everything I suggest, which I guess is a good thing. He is just down in the dumps after being home for about 8 hrs now. In short, he says its not that I don't want to be home, just rather be at camp.

So, should I be happy I am getting my moneys worth and the kids think camp is the best 4 weeks of the year?

Or, a little sad that the old man just cannot cannot compete. For the record, I am really happy they love camp, get 4 weeks of making their own fun etc, and love they can't wait to go back again next week.

What was he doing at camp that he misses so much? If he was a 4 or 5 years older I would say he misses the girl action at or around the camp. What kind of activities do they do there?

Although they will probably soon settle back into the same old routine, it's great that they enjoyed a break from the gadgets and gizmos. If I were you, I would encourage and get involved in the types of activities that they enjoyed at camp. I don't do it too much during the summer but there's nothing like relaxing around a roaring chimenea under the stars. We live in such a fast paced, high tech, high stressed environment that it does a person good to connect with nature once in a while. :rolleyes:

What was he doing at camp that he misses so much? If he was a 4 or 5 years older I would say he misses the girl action at or around the camp. What kind of activities do they do there?

No, little to young for that i think! Boys and girls at two camps bout 5 miles apart. They do typical camp chit like archery and shooting air rifles...but real focus of this camp on the water. They learn to sail and motorboat and earn ranks based on how much they study, perform on the water etc. for instance, the boy at 8 earned the right to take a sunfish out on the river(with at least one other guy) with no counselors. Same with motorboats(little 25 hp rigs within a set area). They do a ton of wakeboarding, skiing and knee boarding as well. I mean, whats not to like <_<

Gets home, knows none of that happening again for 11 months, looks at the old man bitching at him about getting his homework done in two weeks...just can't compete :rolleyes:

No worries Dad. Be thankful they enjoyed it and their little minds and spirits got enriched. Dont worry, pretty soon they'll be waving you off when playing video games with the classic".....uhhuh...unhuh.....what?"

BTW, forgot to mention having to wear a shirt and shoes most of the day not going over big either...little knuckle head. Funny, the girls camp had to wear shoes to mess hall, not the boys. Fuuny, run by same YMCA, differant rules for boys vs girls.

I don't get the sending kids to camp thing.

I'm not putting you down for it.

All summer, I had stuff to do around the yard. Got it done by noon and went to my friends. When my dad had vacations, we helped him with remodeling and repairs around the house.

Is it just to get the kids out of your hair for the summer?

I would have taken the $ spent and put it in the kid's college fund instead.

Most of the time our "vacation " was Niagara Falls.