Peters first game as an Eagle

I didn't see the game, but it sounds like both of those are exactly the kind of errors a guy getting used to a new system makes in his first pre-season game.

Way too early to even begin to judge.

But these guys did. Here is a ranking of the top 20 NFL LTs from RealScouts on the Sporting News.

"1. Ryan Clady, Broncos.

"2. Walter Jones, Seahawks.

"3. Jason Peters, Eagles. Peters got some bad advice on his contract issues last year in Buffalo. As a result, he missed a lot of practice time and it showed in his play. Now that he has a long-term deal in Philly, all that is behind him and he can focus on returning to the form that made him one of the top young linemen in the league."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...awash-potential

Most of the people who hate him and doubt him are in Buffalo. Wonder why that is?

An article from a magazine is supposed to convince of his status??? Please. It is worthless. He's the thing with Peters. He had to work hard to m,ake the NFL as an UDFA, so he did. He on the advice of coaches switched to RT because they thought he could be really good (and I'm convinced he doesn't like playing o-line), so he worked hard and did. He was told he be a LT (a prime $ position) so he worked hard and he did. Now that he has gotten want he wanted, what is going to keep him working hard? I have serious doubts about his desire.

No one really wants the oline. They parrot other people's thoughts. Peters was one of those guys who was so underrated that he became overrated. He def. has top 5 talent but I have serious doubts of how much he wants to be great. That makes all the difference in football.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except maybe the quad strain he got on day one of camp, running from his bedroom to the breakfast table. :thumbsup:

Overheard on a Philly fan board after Peters' miserable performance against NE*....

"Way to show up in great shape and dominate, dude. You may not have heard, but fans in this town ... they're a little short with guys with big contracts who don't seem to have it together on the field."

Clearly a big kudos to the Bills front office for unloading this high-priced bum on the Eagles, and coming away from the deal with Eric Wood.

Oh, no. You mean there's one guy in Philly who doesn't like Peters. That is absolutely shocking.

besides your mouth's desire to service a fat borderline retard of a turnstile at LT, do you actually have anything to contribute to this?

I called Peter's low motivation and inconsistent play over a year ago, and just like when i called JP sucking the bag. plenty of nut scrubbers like yourself tried to get glory taking me on, but just ended up at the glory hole. enjoy your sausage.

This is a great post!

All partisanship aside, I have to say that reading that write-up on Peters tells me nothing for certain about his future. It says that he

a. followed bad advice, either because he was not bright enough to know it was bad, or because he agreed with it;

b. did not prepare on his own while holding out; and

c. needs to re-discover his focus.

The author appears to believe that he can do that, but I for one am not so sure that one can simply turn a switch like that on and off, especially if his own judgment is suspect. It is at least as likely that he will cash his fat paychecks and settle back.

He may indeed rediscover his pro bowl form, but that is far from assured.

Actually, it didn't say what you call b. at all. Or c. You might want to try and read it again.

Obviously, nobody knows the future. But in EVERY YEAR where Peters has gone to training camp, he's improved tremendously and had a great year.

Why is it 50% likely that he will cash his fat paychecks and settle back? Do 50% of players do that? Does Peters have a history of doing that? He does not, and actually, when he got his $15 million contract, he followed that up with a sensational year and huge improvement. You're picking that "at least as likely" out of the air.

He has no history of any dogging it on the field. He sure didn't look good at the beginning of the year last year, but he didn't dog it. He improved a great deal as the year went on, and as I have said again and again, he was the second-best run-blocking LT in football ( footballoutsiders.com) and run-blocking is where you have to put it all on the line physically. Peters had a great year run-blocking, and that was last year, his worst year by far.

I suppose it is possible that he might not rediscover his pro bowl form, but that is the unlikely scenario.

Rookies getting their first NFL game experience are expected to make mistakes. Supposed "pro-bowl" "top 3 LT in the league" players shouldn't make those mistakes.

I'm surprised a "realist" like yourself can't comprehend this difference.

Because the difference is a false one. Peters is learning a new system, new signals, new blocking schemes and playing with new players. In that system, he is a rookie, and he is expected to make mistakes. Particularly in the first pre-season games.

By your way of looking at things, our vets on the line should be perfect, as they're vets. They are also making mistakes, for the same reason Peters is, new system, new guys next to them, new way to play.

If Peters is still making those mistakes during the season, that will mean something.

An article from a magazine is supposed to convince of his status??? Please. It is worthless. He's the thing with Peters. He had to work hard to m,ake the NFL as an UDFA, so he did. He on the advice of coaches switched to RT because they thought he could be really good (and I'm convinced he doesn't like playing o-line), so he worked hard and did. He was told he be a LT (a prime $ position) so he worked hard and he did. Now that he has gotten want he wanted, what is going to keep him working hard? I have serious doubts about his desire.

No one really wants the oline. They parrot other people's thoughts. Peters was one of those guys who was so underrated that he became overrated. He def. has top 5 talent but I have serious doubts of how much he wants to be great. That makes all the difference in football.

It is as worthwhile as any other opinion, surely including yours. Except these guys are good enough at what they do that they get paid for their opinions. You and I don't. Disagree? Fine. But it's not worthless.

He got what he at the time considered a big contract (for RT it was big, and at the time he thought he was an RT). How did he respond? Did he slack off? Just the opposite, he had a terrific year.

He has had one bad year, and was greatly improved by the end of that one year. Every year he's attended camp, he has been terrific.

Expect to see Peters in mid-season form some time around week 14...

Eagles Notes: Peters and Celek join growing injured ranks

There's $60M the Bills front office just saved. :thumbsup:

Looks like Maybin will get more preseason work than FatBoy - I wonder if the guy will actually play a down this season. :wallbash:

Well, at least you don't try to hide the pure hatred that you run on. You just spew it out on the page every second.

By your logic, Peters has a tiny injury, so he's pretty much out for the year. Honestly, I'm so glad that I don't have to live in your head. It must be really tough to deal with the hatred all the time.

Quite seriously, without any sarcasm, I wish you well with that.

Expect to see Peters in mid-season form some time around week 14...

Eagles Notes: Peters and Celek join growing injured ranks

There's $60M the Bills front office just saved. :thumbsup:

Looks like Maybin will get more preseason work than FatBoy - I wonder if the guy will actually play a down this season. :wallbash:

And after week 14 is usually when his season is over.

Wait, when he was here, no one told him this? That's all we had to do--say "we do NOT want (n)or expect you to give up sacks."?

Way to warp and twist my comment around. Do you think that the Eagles coaching staff does not coach their players? That the Eagles OL has meetings and the OL coach, Juan Castillo, just stands there like a post?

I sure hope "Coach Kugler" is reading TSW today!

Did you forget that Kugler's first year as the OL coach was last year? Do I need to remind you of the results? Which unit on this team was completely blown up? How does that compare to Castillo's body of work and experience?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/eagles_f...castillo_1.html

I didn't see the game, but it sounds like both of those are exactly the kind of errors a guy getting used to a new system makes in his first pre-season game.

Way too early to even begin to judge.

But these guys did. Here is a ranking of the top 20 NFL LTs from RealScouts on the Sporting News.

"1. Ryan Clady, Broncos.

"2. Walter Jones, Seahawks.

"3. Jason Peters, Eagles. Peters got some bad advice on his contract issues last year in Buffalo. As a result, he missed a lot of practice time and it showed in his play. Now that he has a long-term deal in Philly, all that is behind him and he can focus on returning to the form that made him one of the top young linemen in the league."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...awash-potential

Most of the people who hate him and doubt him are in Buffalo. Wonder why that is?

Probably because we're the ones that know him best, but that's changing - overheard on a Philly fan board after Peters' miserable performance against NE*....

"Way to show up in great shape and dominate, dude. You may not have heard, but fans in this town ... they're a little short with guys with big contracts who don't seem to have it together on the field."

and...

"On the Jason Peters sack, LeSean McCoy had a really nice blitz pick-up in the middle. Not that it matters when the eleventybilliondollar left tackle gets beaten around the edge."

link

Yes, Jason is developing a whole new fan base. You should head over to the Eagles boards to defend him - he's gonna need it! :thumbsup: