Malpractice the Largest Reason for Increased Medical Bills?

You think Dems and Liberals are in favor of frivolous lawsuits?

Frivolous, no. But they are wedded. Lawyers are a critical constituency of the Democratic Party - together with academics, media, unions, and minorities - and not one to be ignored. They donate, and fill the politician ranks. They know where their bread is buttered.

In general the Democrats are more in favor of regulation and litigation. The more regulation there is, the more lawyers you have to employ. It's not unlike tax accountants - the more convoluted and loop-hole ridden the tax system, the more valuable they are. Expanded government is a boon to lawyers, whether in or out of government.

And the Democrats have consistently been against tort reform - limiting the right to sue for past injustices is an ideological anathema to the party.

Part of the problem, too, is that malpractice cases are often decided by people (i.e, juries) who are in no position to determine if malpractice actually occured. It's one thing if a surgeon amputates the wrong leg. It's completely different when someone is arguing malpractice based on an obscure one-pixel data point in an EKG reading (which has happened - the cardiologist lost). Most people simply don't realize that medical decisions are often ambiguous, and not clear-cut and exact.

Good point in anything there needs to be a margin of error. I know in medicine its hard to accept a margin for error because errors could lead to lives being lost. But doctors can't be in an atmosphere where if they make even the slightest mistake (A simple human error where no incompentance was preformed) they will get sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Doctors are human and malpractice shouldn't be the process of fishing for the slightest mistakes in order to cash in.

Doctors are human and malpractice shouldn't be the process of fishing for the slightest mistakes in order to cash in.

People are going to shoot me for this... But here goes.

The reason the above happens is because there is just too much disparity between the doctors and your average working stiff... In how much they make and earn... Even lifestyle or other societal things like education. There is just too much divide there in society now... Neither side understands the other, hence the money grab. Nobody wants to cut the other side any slack.

No lie... Back in 1972 my younger sister was born... Supposedly my mother's doctor had tied her tubes so as not to get pregnant... She did anyway! <_<:lol: God bless my little sister! 0:) My father was so proud of himself! :o You know what my mother's doctor did? He delivered my sister for FREE... :lol::lol: I have three siblings... Call it: "Have 4, get one free" deal.

What do you think would happen today?

People are going to shoot me for this... But here goes.

The reason the above happens is because there is just too much disparity between the doctors and your average working stiff... In how much they make and earn... Even lifestyle or other societal things like education. There is just too much divide there in society now... Neither side understands the other, hence the money grab. Nobody wants to cut the other side any slack.

No lie... Back in 1972 my younger sister was born... Supposedly my mother's doctor had tied her tubes so as not to get pregnant... She did anyway! <_<:lol: God bless my little sister! 0:) My father was so proud of himself! :o You know what my mother's doctor did? He delivered my sister for FREE... :lol::lol: I have three siblings... Call it: "Have 4, get one free" deal.

What do you think would happen today?

I think you need to do something about that obstruction you have in your airway, otherwise known as OSA, the brain needs oxygen, if it goes untreated it may lead to obesity, loss of memory and more importantly impotency.

I think you need to do something about that obstruction you have in your airway, otherwise known as OSA, the brain needs oxygen, if it goes untreated it may lead to obesity, loss of memory and more importantly impotency.

I will get 8 hours of sleep later today... When my shift (night shift) is over.

:o