Hey Bills beat reporters...

nodnarb

Instead of rambling on about TO's stardom before not really even asking a question in the end, or blathering and stammering about this and that, ending in a question that cannot have a useful answer....You're embarrassing yourselves and wasting our and his time. How about asking relevant football questions, or perhaps asking DJ how much it bothers him that he has never beaten Belichick and how important he thinks it might be to get the team over the psychological hump of beating the best football mind in the game...there are at least a dozen timely and pointed questions they could pluck from this topic alone. But instead Jauron is asked AGAIN about TO's celebrity. As if they don't know DJ by now. Ridiculous...

Instead of rambling on about TO's stardom before not really even asking a question in the end, or blathering and stammering about this and that, ending in a question that cannot have a useful answer....You're embarrassing yourselves and wasting our and his time. How about asking relevant football questions, or perhaps asking DJ how much it bothers him that he has never beaten Belichick and how important he thinks it might be to get the team over the psychological hump of beating the best football mind in the game...there are at least a dozen timely and pointed questions they could pluck from this topic alone. But instead Jauron is asked AGAIN about TO's celebrity. As if they don't know DJ by now. Ridiculous...

It does not matter what is asked of DJ.

Reply:

Well, we're looking forward to this season and getting down to work. The guys are working very hard, and we are doing our best to put them in a position to win. These guys like playing together, and that is important to our pre-season preperation. blah blah.

It does not matter what is asked of DJ.

Reply:

Well, we're looking forward to this season and getting down to work. The guys are working very hard, and we are doing our best to put them in a position to win. These guys like playing together, and that is important to our pre-season preperation. blah blah.

I agree. We hear the same crap all the time. I like our guys...we've had a good week of practice...there's a dedicated group of players in that locker room that want to get better and we will... Blah squared. I actually think watching paint dry may be more exciting than one of Jauron's press conferences.

I agree. We hear the same crap all the time. I like our guys...we've had a good week of practice...there's a dedicated group of players in that locker room that want to get better and we will... Blah squared. I actually think watching paint dry may be more exciting than one of Jauron's press conferences.

Yeah, and the day he gives an exciting press conference you guys will be leading the charge to string him up for that, too.

I can see it now...

Coach, your team has lost badly to the Cheatriot* the last several times you faced them, what will you do differently this time?

Three things Tim, first I've put a bounty on Vince Wilfolk, whichever one of our offensive linemen causes his cheap-shot ass to be carried off the field with a legal block, gets my next paycheck. Second, we scrambled all of our headset frequencies so his black ops boys can't hear our signals, and third I sent the Chroise into his office to leave him a little present in his favorite hoodie... hope he likes cheese...

5 seconds after he gave that interview you guys would be screaming bloody murder about him providing "Buliten Board" material to the other team.

1. How do you know precisely what they're asking? (i.e., if you're referencing a specific video clip, let me know so I can subject myself to the boredom too. :P )

2. Why do you think he'd give them an honest, forthright answer when his past performance suggests the opposite reaction?

3. Looking at the most recent transcript posted on the media section of bb.com from Saturday afternoon, there's not a single reference to Owens.

Hi Lori. Yeah, I was referring to today's video interview. Turn up the sound so you can hear the questions.

A few folks have turned this thread into a "DJ is boring and says nothing" thread but that wasn't my intention. I like DJ, and I'd love the guy if he can sweep Belichick and get us back into the tournament. I don't have a problem with DJ's answers, although he does have some amusing habits.

1. How do you know precisely what they're asking? (i.e., if you're referencing a specific video clip, let me know so I can subject myself to the boredom too. ;) )

2. Why do you think he'd give them an honest, forthright answer when his past performance suggests the opposite reaction?

3. Looking at the most recent transcript posted on the media section of bb.com from Saturday afternoon, there's not a single reference to Owens.

I perhaps asking DJ how much it bothers him that he has never beaten Belichick and how important he thinks it might be to get the team over the psychological hump of beating the best football mind in the game..

haha...do you really think that someone would have the balls to ask that question and see their press pass thrown out the window?!? Better yet, do you think DJ has a clue how to beat NE? I doubt any coach has a worse record of points scored against them in the whole history of the NFL percentage-wise - than DJ's record against NE for the number of games played.

Hi Lori. Yeah, I was referring to today's video interview. Turn up the sound so you can hear the questions.

A few folks have turned this thread into a "DJ is boring and says nothing" thread but that wasn't my intention. I like DJ, and I'd love the guy if he can sweep Belichick and get us back into the tournament. I don't have a problem with DJ's answers, although he does have some amusing habits.

I agree with you. It does seem more and more like the reason we perceive DJ to be so boring is because he's challenged so little.

Remember towards the end of last season when he was minimally grilled about the lack of support he was receiving from the fans? It wasn't nearly as difficult as it should have been for him, but it was nice to actually see how the man thinks. I think the next journalist who quizzes him on TO's stardom should be banned from every press conference here on out.

I do think he's been asked about his career matchup v. Bellicheat though. I think it may have been after their pathetic loss against them last season, to which he showed some legitimate angst, but I can't remember exactly.

Because we all know Belichick is David Chappelle during his. ;)

I don't get why people care about press conferences. Perhaps so they can take one quote and completely use it out of context for something to whine about?

agreed. he does come up with some pretty cookie cutter responses. for once i'd just like to see him answer a question without giving a generic reply.

Ah yeah we like him, he is a hard worker he workrs really hard and we like what we see from him.

Guest dog14787

Everyone knows it would be big to beat the Patriots and it would really mean allot, and being the logical fella DJ is I would expect him to say just that so why ask DJ something you already know the answer to anyway. The more I listen to DJ, the more I realize the amount of integrity and intelligence the man has and it shows.

Personally, I like DJ and I think this is the year he takes the next step. I just thank the lord we have an owner that was wise enough not to tear our team apart without giving everything Levy tried to accomplish a chance to work.

I thank RW for all he has done and God Bless him, may his induction into the HOF be as special for him as the legend he represents.

You are so correct, "embarrassing" is exactly what the Bills beat reporters are. I remember posting a time or two about this very subject while the team was in their 2-8 nose dive last season. It's like they're afraid of getting Jauron mad. These guys could NEVER work for a big-market professional team like in New York. Where reporters actually hold coaches feet to the fire with real tough questions. It's almost like they they feel the need to be overly respectful. Like they are all thinking, "Hey, he's such a nice guy so I'll take him at his word that their working hard and that it's hard to win in the NFL."

It doesn't matter. Jauron struggles with the simplest questions regarding the Buffalo Bills. The man takes a paragraph to answer one-word questions. Example, "So Dick, will you start Jackson or Rhodes Sunday night against the Titans?" Expected Answer: "Jackson." Dick's answer: "Both guys have been running real hard and catching real hard and blocking real hard. So it's real hard for me to say that either one is the 1 or 1A. In fact, have I ever mentioned that it is really hard to win in the NFL? Well, it is. Even in the preseason. It's hard to win a game. So both guys will certainly play as long as they will play in relation to our situation regarding the fact that it is a preseason game and we have a lot of guys to take a look at this Sunday against the Titans....Any more questions?" <_<

It doesn't matter. Jauron struggles with the simplest questions regarding the Buffalo Bills. The man takes a paragraph to answer one-word questions. Example, "So Dick, will you start Jackson or Rhodes Sunday night against the Titans?" Expected Answer: "Jackson." Dick's answer: "Both guys have been running real hard and catching real hard and blocking real hard. So it's real hard for me to say that either one is the 1 or 1A. In fact, have I ever mentioned that it is really hard to win in the NFL? Well, it is. Even in the preseason. It's hard to win a game. So both guys will certainly play as long as they will play in relation to our situation regarding the fact that it is a preseason game and we have a lot of guys to take a look at this Sunday against the Titans....Any more questions?" <_<

"Struggles" isn't the word I'd use. Perhaps "dances" instead -- a veritable Astaire of doublespeak.