Several veterans given day off today

Beerball

Man I would expect this kind of slacking from guys like Kelsay and Schobel, but not TO. These guys need to be out there everynight knocking the spit out of each other like every other team in the league...this is why we suck so much.

/sarcasm :devil:

"The reasoning, for some of them, they just need a day off. We've worked awfully hard the past week."

They are getting paid millions of dollars to work hard for a few weeks. They just had about 6 months essentially off.

Does not the timing of TE to his receivers and just the extra repetitions have any meaning.

DJ, DJ, DJ.

I guess he thinks his job is invioble and why not; that he still works after last years 2-8 debacle basically tells him, he can so whatever and stay as coach of the Bills.

Bring back Hank Bullough!

Who cares? Training camps have become easier now for about the past 15 years, since the dawning of free agency and the salary cap. Even crazy Coughlin had to change his military type camps before he finally won a SB with his Giants two years ago. Now we have crazy Mike Singletary making his guys run extra sprints when even one player screws up. Fine. Let's see how that works out for him. Today's athletes have made football an 11 month a year job. They may take a month off, but the other 11 they are working out with trainers and each other and nutrionistis. They come into camp basically ready to go.

The only thing I might suggest to Fewell, is to have his defense run some extra sprints and work on their conditioning harder going into this particular regular season when the offense plans on using the no-huddle quite a bit. Unless Edwards stands at the line and calls out 6 audibles per play, like Manning, those 3-and-outs using the no-huddle will come a lot quicker then if they were huddling.

FWIW, McGee had his left wrist taped by a trainer during both of the Sunday practices. He still participated in all the catching drills, so it couldn't have been anything too major, but it was definitely noticeable.

As for Edwards ... the way the backups have looked, they need all the reps they can get.

There are two paths to take into the season, work your guys hard or go through to motions. Going through the motions has not worked with the Bills. That may work for other teams but not us. I would welcome a change of culture and love to being known as the hardest working team in the NFL that will beat you with will and desire, rather than what we have...which is every player wanting to go on a date with Jauron and his "its ok guys you try awfully hard, but you cant win them all, dont get too down on yourself" attitude.

I think you have to let a coach do things the way he thinks they should be done or get another coach. I was in favor of getting another coach at the end of last year, especially after sitting in the cold at RWS on the last game of the year and seeing Belicheat* out coach DJ, esp. taking into account the weather in our own stadium.

But since he was retained you have to let him do his thing at least one more year. I think one of the many mistakes Donahoe made was trying to micromanage his young coaches and screwing things up worse.

For better or worse DJ's players will play hard because they like him and not because they terribly respect or fear him. If he tried to be tough the players would just think he was being a jerk and probably not play as well. Its too late for him to change.

Guest dog14787

The coaching staff is closely monitoring TE's throws and he would probably throw more passes than you would prefer him to throw if you didn't give him a days rest from time to time. Plus I like the idea of keeping our 5 best players out of the line of fire for a day because these five men are essential to Buffalo's success this season.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit of DJ does it a couple more times through the preseason.