TO Predicts Close Game with New England

john

I know it's just a quote and of course players are going to say positive things about their team to the media, but reading this made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I haven't seen attitude and excitment like this sense the days of Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. Granted there was excitement when Bledsoe came to town, but he never was much of a vocal leader, at least not in my opinion.

Quote of the Day

"Trust me. Trust me when I say this: It's not gonna be an easy game for New England. Trust me."

— Terrell Owens, asked by a fan if the Bills would beat the Patriots in the season opener..

GO BILLS!!!!!!

John in NC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's just a quote and of course players are going to say positive things about their team to the media, but reading this made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I haven't seen attitude and excitment like this sense the days of Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas. Granted there was excitement when Bledsoe came to town, but he never was much of a vocal leader, at least not in my opinion.

Quote of the Day

"Trust me. Trust me when I say this: It's not gonna be an easy game for New England. Trust me."

— Terrell Owens, asked by a fan if the Bills would beat the Patriots in the season opener..

GO BILLS!!!!!!

John in NC

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited about this season as the next guy, but that doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement of a victory. Actually, it kinda sounds like he's still saying we're gonna lose, but we're gonna put up a good fight. Eff that. I don't want us to put up a good fight. I want us to punch the Patriots square in the mouth and kick them when they're down.

Now I know pro players have to watch what they say and make sure they're not giving the other team bulletin board clips or extra motivation, but still, that just doesn't get me super excited.

But I'm just as excited about this season as any....

TO can only do so much. The referees also have to call a fair game and that is not going to happen in Cheatsville* before a national audience with Brady coming back, etc. There will be two kinds of people after the Monday night game: those who claim the officials didn't cost us the game because the Bills could have always overcome penalties, etc. (DJ, media, etc.) and those who say the officials did cost us the game. Of course here in New England there will be another group, the idiots* who say what bad calls are you talking about, the officiating was not an issue, the Patsies* are just a better team.

On some level I think the Bills actually do have a chance to win, but we will have to overcome biased officiating.

By the way why is this big AFL celebrating MNF game in Massachusetts and not in OP? The Boston Patriots were a nobody in the AFL years and Buffalo was a 2 time champion. And half or more than half the Boston people were Giants fans in those days while nearly everyone in Buffalo was a Bills and AFL fanatic. The league doesn't have much respect for the Bills or sense of history.

Just saying.

TO can only do so much. The referees also have to call a fair game and that is not going to happen in Cheatsville* before a national audience with Brady coming back, etc. There will be two kinds of people after the Monday night game: those who claim the officials didn't cost us the game because the Bills could have always overcome penalties, etc. (DJ, media, etc.) and those who say the officials did cost us the game. Of course here in New England there will be another group, the idiots* who say what bad calls are you talking about, the officiating was not an issue, the Patsies* are just a better team.

On some level I think the Bills actually do have a chance to win, but we will have to overcome biased officiating.

By the way why is this big AFL celebrating MNF game in Massachusetts and not in OP? The Boston Patriots were a nobody in the AFL years and Buffalo was a 2 time champion. And half or more than half the Boston people were Giants fans in those days while nearly everyone in Buffalo was a Bills and AFL fanatic. The league doesn't have much respect for the Bills or sense of history.

Just saying.

Sounds like someone needs their diaper changed.

Are you really blaming the refs for the 38-7, 56-10, 20-10 (game wasn't that close), and 13-0 games? And already you have an excuse made when the Bills get beat down again.

Every time I go to New Hampshire, I think "what is that smell?". Now I know.

Just saying.

Careful, now, with your comments on the atrocious officiating that seems to follow the Pats* wherever they go or Mr. WEO (and maybe even Tim Graham) will call you a conspiracy theorist. That said, I'm with you, brother, on that one--as I've told both of them, I just know what my eyes (and the rule book) tell me. Not sure there's a conspiracy behind it, but boy oh boy do they seem to get all the calls and no calls in the book. Want to read something funny? Check out patsfans.com and the thread there on how the new officiating emphasis on calling offensive holding will somehow benefit the Colts (who always hold, don't you know). Pot meet kettle. I love that TMQ column where he talks about "the Flying Elvii" linemen just about tackling our DE's for much of the game a few years ago with not a single flag to show for it (they were penalized once for five yards the whole game, the game in which a sure Buffalo TD pick was called back by an "inadvertent whistle"). If I hadn't been banned there, I'd have linked them to it!

As for this year's game, if history is any guide we will indeed need to find a game plan for the refs as well as the Pats*......