Bolton on Daily Show

being somewhat drunk on canadian whisky, and stuck in some suburban rochester hellhole, i've elected to take one step into the dark side for kicks after watching former U.S. ambassador John Bolton on the Daily Show this evening.

he ended his segment by suggesting that the only nation in the world that should have nukelar (sic: he was a bush administration appointee as we know) weapons is the United States.

how outrageous. the USA, USA, USA! first crowd, i'm sure would eat this up. however, to provide yet another argument as to why the arrogance of this nation knows no bounds and pisses off most every other nation on this earth, except perhaps Poland, for some strange reason, here it is: john wayne coming riding over the hill to save the day.

that time is long over, and Bolton had his role in the foolishnes with his belligerence and bravado on the international stage. and here he is once again, riding six-gun in a time when humility should prevail.

if there was any more proof that the past administration was a big wet fart on history, here we go. and i'm tired of having to deal with and clean up this mess, which i fear might be irreversible. we're doomed and the yahoo clown cowboys want to keep riding into the napalm sunset. and the only person left clapping is the blind drunk hannity and his fool cohort o'reilly, i guess, who have the balls of snakes and the forked tongues to prove it.

and i'm on a HST rant, whose rapids can't be stopped.

well, i've said enough. another round, sir.

cazart.

jw

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, John. You were serious when you talked about going through your whiskey supply so you could go buy some Jameson's, weren't you?

And HST hisownself would be proud of the "napalm sunset" phrase, I think.

Damn, John. You were serious when you talked about going through your whiskey supply so you could go buy some Jameson's, weren't you?

And HST hisownself would be proud of the "napalm sunset" phrase, I think.

monkeys, matchsticks and dynamite, my dear. it has the potential to be quite lethal. and i could be up for hours, even though i gotta be up for the wood and byrd availability. but, as one smart man once wrote (and it wasn't the Doctor for some strange reason), ya gotta play hurt.

jw

ADD: who's up for a good ole fashioned debate?

Welcome to hell, jw. Abandon almost all hope, ye who enter here. You can hold out a sliver, but it is essentially pointless. Nice rant. I think I'd rather listen to Michael Bolton than John. How friggin' sad is that?

Fixed.

;):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

monkeys, matchsticks and dynamite, my dear. it has the potential to be quite lethal. and i could be up for hours, even though i gotta be up for the wood and byrd availability. but, as one smart man once wrote (and it wasn't the Doctor for some strange reason), ya gotta play hurt.

jw

ADD: who's up for a good ole fashioned debate?

I will play for a bit, ever heard of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? If so, that would explain to you why certain countries are not allowed to possess nuclear weapons. They signed this treaty. Iran is a signatory nation.

Fixed.

;):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the devil is certainly making me do this, Booster, and my fingers are loose and fresh. it's time to blow off a little steam after dealing with one too many unexpected Bills signing that pulled me in the wrong direction. and the only regret is I used the word "hellhole" rather than "stinkhole," though it is a courtyard, and i do like the points.

and at least this isn't being stuck in albany, my least favorite place in the state, where the roads lead nowhere, and every turnoff proves to be an adventure.

i just wish you could smoke in this god$#m rooms, because it's totally interfering with my flow.

but i'm tired of the nutfool crusader (and i'm using this word purposely) bolton's of this country, who believe there is a god-given, planet of the apes right to be the nukelar adjudicator of all things right and wrong.

i've been to the woody creek hotel, and i've been to the swannie house, and there are plenty of drunks lining up on my end of the bar.

jw

I will play for a bit, ever heard of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? If so, that would explain to you why certain countries are not allowed to possess nuclear weapons. They signed this treaty. Iran is a signatory nation.

Did you ever hear of the Kellogg–Briand Pact... It banned war. :thumbsup:;)

trouble is, canada inadvertently gave up its nuclear (that's the way it's pronounced up north) secrets to India ... Ooops. however, my point is -- with all due respect Booster -- is that nuclear capability is going to get out. and it has for a long time. Russia, Israel (or so some claim), even Pakistan for that matter. the trouble is, now that the genie's out of the shoe, there ain't no way of putting it back again.

and after the myopic stunts pulled in 2002 by one certain administration, how can anyone on this globe begin to trust a country that has the capability of electing George W. Bush?

jw

trouble is, canada inadvertently gave up its nuclear (that's the way it's pronounced up north) secrets to India ... Ooops. however, my point is -- with all due respect Booster -- is that nuclear capability is going to get out. and it has for a long time. Russia, Israel (or so some claim), even Pakistan for that matter. the trouble is, now that the genie's out of the shoe, there ain't no way of putting it back again.

and after the myopic stunts pulled in 2002 by one certain administration, how can anyone on this globe begin to trust a country that has the capability of electing George W. Bush?

jw

Yet you are ignoring the fact that almost all the countries in the world signed this treaty. Have there been violations? Of course, nations always act in their best interest. Does this mean that we should ignore subsequent violations?

In football terms, if an associate of Michael Vick all of a sudden starts dog-fighting...who is the prime suspect?

Well you put me on unfamiliar ground, defending Bush, but so be it. It is understandable Bush was elected in the first term. His father wasn't horrible. Gore was a total bore. His actions were somewhat...ok I can't do it

Yet you are ignoring the fact that almost all the countries in the world signed this treaty. Have there been violations? Of course, nations always act in their best interest. Does this mean that we should ignore subsequent violations?

In football terms, if an associate of Michael Vick all of a sudden starts dog-fighting...who is the prime suspect?

Well you put me on unfamiliar ground, defending Bush, but so be it. It is understandable Bush was elected in the first term. His father wasn't horrible. Gore was a total bore. His actions were somewhat...ok I can't do it

as treaties go, they're more likely worth their weight in hydrogen. if you want to go down the treaty front, i don't think that's the road to take, consider how little respect for treaties this nation has had toward its own native Indians.

as for George the father, at least he gathered international resolve before going into Iraq, unlike the son, who badgered the UN and essentially got Malta to support him in his most recent excursion. and then there's Kyoto, but don't get me started on that, but then you're the one defending GWB ... ;)

jw

as treaties go, they're more likely worth their weight in hydrogen. if you want to go down the treaty front, i don't think that's the road to take, consider how little respect for treaties this nation has had toward its own native Indians.

as for George the father, at least he gathered international resolve before going into Iraq, unlike the son, who badgered the UN and essentially got Malta to support him in his most recent excursion. and then there's Kyoto, but don't get me started on that, but then you're the one defending GWB ... ;)

jw

Glad you aren't stuck in the past. Right now you are 50-100 years behind ExiledInIllinois.

Do you think rapidly changing technology could have any impact on international relations? Surely something as lame as the crossbow wouldn't change things? That was centuries ago of course.

BTW there is an easy counter-argument to this.

Glad you aren't stuck in the past. Right now you are 50-100 years behind ExiledInIllinois.

Do you think rapidly changing technology could have any impact on international relations? Surely something as lame as the crossbow wouldn't change things? That was centuries ago of course.

BTW there is an easy counter-argument to this.

just a sec, let me refill my drink.

jw