Steve Johnson, Copeland Bryan Hurt

Pitta

This is an injury that he could play through if he had to. It is all about his pain thresh hold. That said, 2- 3 weeks of watching should not be a big issue. About all he is missing is the contact. He can still condition, if he needs to, based on pain again. Plus he is still available for all of the classroom work.

If it was regular season and stevie stylez was already a number 2... he'd be out 2 weeks max. He's a baller. That said, this sucks. 3 weeks for sure and I wouldn't be surprised to not see him suit up until our third or fourth playoff game.

Copeland Bryan could be a blessing. Ellis will get more reps... ya, that's about it.

This is an injury that he could play through if he had to. It is all about his pain thresh hold. That said, 2- 3 weeks of watching should not be a big issue. About all he is missing is the contact. He can still condition, if he needs to, based on pain again. Plus he is still available for all of the classroom work.

If it was regular season and stevie stylez was already a number 2... he'd be out 2 weeks max. He's a baller. That said, this sucks. 3 weeks for sure and I wouldn't be surprised to not see him suit up until our third or fourth playoff game.

Copeland Bryan could be a blessing. Ellis will get more reps... ya, that's about it.

There's another round of playoffs? :blush: Who knew??

Didn't they change S&C coach 3 or 4 years ago then we saw a string of brutal seasons (2007 seemed like the entire defense was on the bench by week 5) or am I misremembering?

I think so too. I've been ating for the removal of those clowns since our 17 players on IR season. Each year is the same thing.

Guess who else was brought here 3-4 years ago ?? ....... Coincidence ???

I think not !!

So if he was in great shape, he wouldn't get hurt? Incredible. This is football they are playing.

Dude, changing trainers and/or conditioning coaches isn't going to change these types of injuries. Newsflash, this is football, injuries like this are going to happen regardless. It is all a matter of which team will be luckiest with the fewest injuries.

I don't know how he got hurt. I don't care. All I know is that our current training staff has fielded some of the most injured teams in recent memory. At some point the freakish injuries and mishaps have to be called up on the guys that are supposed to have our players in tip top shape. Its not all just "bad luck" or "it happens" kinda thing.

This is why I don't get why people have such a problem with the way Jauron runs camp. What is the purpose of beating up our players in July/ August?

Sucks about Johnson and hope it isn't too serious. As for Bryan, he probably wasn't making the team anyways. I don't think I ever saw him come close to making a play. He was just sort of there.

Chalk this one up as another one that doesn't watch the games.

Bryan, when in, was the most consistent player at getting up the field to the QB we had last year. He only had one sack registered, but every time he was in, I saw him putting some heat on. He isn't anything great, but he certainly is no scrub. I think he's got great pass rush tools that can be developed. He's also played OLB for us.

Ho-hum, the #5 WR and #5 DE are hurt, not a big deal at all if you ask me.

Regarding the rib thing, it will definitely hamper Johnson's ability to breath, stretch, run, catch, etc. Best for him to heal up completely and start fresh IMO.

Also, @ Ans:

Bryan, when in, was the most consistent player at getting up the field to the QB we had last year. He only had one sack registered, but every time he was in, I saw him putting some heat on. He isn't anything great, but he certainly is no scrub. I think he's got great pass rush tools that can be developed. He's also played OLB for us.

If Bryan was seriously Buffalo's most consistent pass rusher last season (which I don't agree that he was), then every DE on the roster (save for Schobel who was out most of the year) should be cut immediately.

Ho-hum, the #5 WR and #5 DE are hurt, not a big deal at all if you ask me.

Regarding the rib thing, it will definitely hamper Johnson's ability to breath, stretch, run, catch, etc. Best for him to heal up completely and start fresh IMO.

Also, @ Ans:

If Bryan was seriously Buffalo's most consistent pass rusher last season (which I don't agree that he was), then every DE on the roster (save for Schobel who was out most of the year) should be cut immediately.

I have no problem with that, except for Ellis.

I don't know how he got hurt. I don't care. All I know is that our current training staff has fielded some of the most injured teams in recent memory. At some point the freakish injuries and mishaps have to be called up on the guys that are supposed to have our players in tip top shape. Its not all just "bad luck" or "it happens" kinda thing.

Agreed… Certainly some injuries are unavoidable, but how could strength and conditioning not contribute to how injury prone and individual is?

And the strength and condition regimen, presumably policy implemented and driven by S&C coach (this is an assumption I am making, might be wrong), would therefore directly impact number and severity of injuries.

No cracked ribs but it is very painful and will take 4 to 6 weeks to heal up. He won't be able to raise his arms up above his head to make catches due to the pain. They will "tape him" with a very tight ace type bandage all around his chest. I had the same thing from a basketball game and it hurts to take a deep breath. He'll be back strong.

The article read x-rays were negative.