Two-a-days are now over for the Bills?!

Biscuit

Don't know if this has been covered previously in this thread, but the Bills have a closed morning walkthrough on every day when they have another practice scheduled.

Other teams will do the same, have a walk through, when they have a single afternoon practice scheduled that day.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to the democrat and chronicle's podcast from yesterday and tell me how valuable these practices are.

No. I want you to write a letter to the editor of the Chronicle to have a petition made to have practice universally banned. It should work, because the D&C says so, case closed.

FYI: Allen Iverson will be the first to sign.

No. I want you to write a letter to the editor of the Chronicle to have a petition made to have practice universally banned. It should work, because the D&C says so, case closed.

FYI: Allen Iverson will be the first to sign.

:beer:

WOW. The above leap is something I'd only expect from a chick.

There is a different train of thought to consider here as well......I am not saying that I agree with it but.....

Less practices also means less opportunities for injury.....you want your veteran players to be as healthy as possible going into the season and each and every time they step out there leaves the opportunity for something unforseen to happen.

The team that is healthiest also tends to have the best chance of victory.

There is a different train of thought to consider here as well......I am not saying that I agree with it but.....

Less practices also means less opportunities for injury.....you want your veteran players to be as healthy as possible going into the season and each and every time they step out there leaves the opportunity for something unforseen to happen.

The team that is healthiest also tends to have the best chance of victory.

using a professional training staff would help with the injuries.

they are playing football.

based on Dick's program, the players are not ready to play when the season starts

Two quotes from Jimmy Johnson that apply to this topic:

1.“Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?”

2."Treat a person as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a person as if he were where he could be and should be, and he will become what he could be and should be.”

The 2007 Bills ended with 17 players on the IR list (Poslusny, and a bunch of scrubs, mostly). Was that just bad luck, poor conditioning program (including during the pre-season), not enough fluoride in the water, or did the players mangle each other in pre-season practices?

The 2007 Bills ended with 17 players on the IR list (Poslusny, and a bunch of scrubs, mostly). Was that just bad luck, poor conditioning program (including during the pre-season), not enough fluoride in the water, or did the players mangle each other in pre-season practices?

My vote is poor conditioning. Not much mangling going on at camp soft Dick.

1.“Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?”

2."Treat a person as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a person as if he were where he could be and should be, and he will become what he could be and should be.”

Gosh, I just can't get enough of guys who spend their time sitting in front of a computer keyboard singing the praises of physical conditioning....

HA! The irrelevance of the second quote aside, the first quote was in reference to taking Daryl Gardener with the 20th overall pick in 1996.

Just to give you an idea how THAT panned out, Daryl Gardener (age 36) has 88 career tackles.

So yeah, let's take a chance and be "great."

Epic Fail.

EDIT: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/other/s...0,4322203.story

It's not like they'll be playing an extra GAME or anything...

Anybody who's ever been to a training camp for ANY team since the 1980's will tell you what a joke they are. So the Patriots will be doing more clowning around than us...big deal.

I noticed you didn't bother tallying the # of Bills practices by comparison, OP.

You can't be serious. You think practicing is not important. Wow, seriously just stop posting.

HA! The irrelevance of the second quote aside, the first quote was in reference to taking Daryl Gardener with the 20th overall pick in 1996.

Just to give you an idea how THAT panned out, Daryl Gardener (age 36) has 88 career tackles.

So yeah, let's take a chance and be "great."

Epic Fail.

EDIT: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/other/s...0,4322203.story

Daryl Gardener has no place in this conversation. I said that these quotes apply to this topic. I suppose reading comprehension is too much to expect from a guy who thinks that practice is unnecessary. Why don't you get back to defending the right to rape dogs on OTW?