When's the last time you saw a Bills player...

BuffBills#1

i'd say prolly moulds or price in 2002.

moulds and evans are the only WRs we have right now that are capabale of doing that, but moulds is always double teamed these days and evans hasn't seen much playing time. aiken and reed don't have the speed to rack up YAC

i'd say prolly moulds or price in 2002.

moulds and evans are the only WRs we have right now that are capabale of doing that, but moulds is always double teamed these days and evans hasn't seen much playing time.  aiken and reed don't have the speed to rack up YAC

108459[/snapback]

i disagree. aiken and reed are EXACTLY the type of receiver to get yards after the catch. both run hard and can break tackles. it's not all about speed.

i think the issue is our passing game in general. we run a lot of outs and a lot of "sit downs" in the middle of the field. you need to hit quick slants and crossing routes to let the receivers catch it and run.

I hate to say it, but P Price was the best YAC receiver we have had, since Andre Reed was in his prime.....as AD points out, part of the reason our recivers don't get a lot of YAC, is that the ball has to be thrown super accurately, and hit the receiver in stride. That doesn't happen as much these days. More and more, in the NFL, whether by design or not, the QB throws the ball short, so the WR has to come back for the ball. This gives the receiver a better chance of making a catch, or drawing a pass interference call, but the receiver is also much more likely to get tackled upon receiving the ball...Culpepper was the master of this, early on in his carreer.

They need to stop doing these stops in the middle of the field where it just goes for 10 yards. At some point we need to throw the slant or something different to give the recievers a chance to make plays. Bledsoe does seem to throw the ball high to every reviever though. Against New England and their beat up secondary I think we need to get quick slants or something, and give the WR a chance to run with it.

They need to stop doing these stops in the middle of the field where it just goes for 10 yards.  At some point we need to throw the slant or something different to give the recievers a chance to make plays.  Bledsoe does seem to throw the ball high to every reviever though.  Against New England and their beat up secondary I think we need to get quick slants or something, and give the WR a chance to run with it.

108721[/snapback]

Or we can pretend the elements have had an effect over the last few games...

I was just thinking on Sunday while watching the game, when is the last time you really saw a reciever catch a ball for 15 yards and run for 15 more.  Just thought I'de post it, because I thought it might be a cause for concern.

My son & I brought up the same thing yesterday,,,,,,,, but hey... WE WON!! :w00t: