Getting some snow

wnyguy

It always brings a smile to my face knowing that no matter how poor the Bills record is, it will almost ALWAYS be warmer in San Jose and it only snows in the mountains.

Thanks, and you can gloat in WNY knowing that the beer is cheaper, the women keep you warmer at nite, and there's always some hot wings to keep your belly fat and happy...

Just as long as I don't need to shovel it I'm happy.

108454[/snapback]

I wish I had enough of it to shovel, id be a righ man

Buncha wimps.  We have almost a foot.

And that's just in the road. :D

The bright side of snow is it doesn't pick up your house and throw it down the street.  Plus, the percentage of stupid people increases exponentially in proportion to rising mercury.

108583[/snapback]

are you from alaska??? thats awesome!!! isn't it light outside all the time now???

are you from alaska???  thats awesome!!!  isn't it light outside all the time now???

108587[/snapback]

I'm from WNY. I live in Alaska. It's actually a bright sunny day in Anchorage, though the sun goes down before 6:00PM and doesn't rise until after 9:00AM. The days will get to about 6 hours of light or so on December 21st, when we begin picking up daylight. The inverse is true in the summer.

Alaska is so big it's almost impossible to understand.

1. There are 10 states that are smaller than the area covered by glaciers.

2. The amount of private land held is larger than 27 states.

3. Alaska has more national parks and reserves than EVERY other state COMBINED. Added toghether, they are roughly the size of Kansas.

4. If you combined the size of all the lakes in Alaska, they'd be larger than the Hawaiin islands.

5. If the volcanoes here were set end-to-end, they'd extend from Tulsa to San Francisco.

6. Alaska would actually have four time zones, if the politicians hadn't smartened up.

It's pretty much dark above the Arctic Circle, which is about 350 miles from where I live.

I'm from WNY.  I live in Alaska.  It's actually a bright sunny day in Anchorage, though the sun goes down before 6:00PM and doesn't rise until after 9:00AM.  The days will get to about 6 hours of light or so on December 21st, when we begin picking up daylight.  The inverse is true in the summer.

Alaska is so big it's almost impossible to understand. 

1.  There are 10 states that are smaller than the area covered by glaciers. 

2.  The amount of private land held is larger than 27 states. 

3.  Alaska has more national parks and reserves than EVERY other state COMBINED.  Added toghether, they are roughly the size of Kansas.

4.  If you combined the size of all the lakes in Alaska, they'd be larger than the Hawaiin islands.

5.  If the volcanoes here were set end-to-end, they'd extend from Tulsa to San Francisco.

6.  Alaska would actually have four time zones, if the politicians hadn't smartened up.

It's pretty much dark above the Arctic Circle, which is about 350 miles from where I live.

108605[/snapback]

not that it's my business, but what brought you there??? i've always wanted to go there for a week, but damn, it's far away!!!!

if i were to vacation there, where's the best place to go??? anchorage? juneau? is there any night life out there???

not that it's my business, but what brought you there???  i've always wanted to go there for a week, but damn, it's far away!!!!

if i were to vacation there, where's the best place to go???  anchorage?  juneau?  is there any night life out there???

108610[/snapback]

I hear Barrow is nice in the winter. :w00t:

not that it's my business, but what brought you there???  i've always wanted to go there for a week, but damn, it's far away!!!!

if i were to vacation there, where's the best place to go???  anchorage?  juneau?  is there any night life out there???

108610[/snapback]

Military.

It depends on what you want to do. Like I said, it's a big state. If you're coming here to meet women, go to Colorado. :w00t: