Edwards + Vick = WILDCAT

Here's the thing, we've all heard of worst possible scenario, right? Well, that is what the Bills are in right now. They're in the absolute, worst possible situation they can be in right now by not having been to the playoffs in a decade.

With that being said, why not take a shot at Vick, at least entertain the option of running a wildcat offense? If that doesnt seem like an acceptable position, put him in the constantly beat-up and injured secondary as a third string.

As much as the NFL and fans hate him, other than sh***y reputation, I dont see how it can put the Bills in any worse possible situation than they're in right now.

....thoughts?

That thought is as dumb as your avatar!

Vick is on the decline and will probably want substantial cash. I'd like to say he never lost a step while in prison, but that is wishful thinking, and with his running intuition, makes him a bigger target for linemen and linebackers. He would be the second major distraction after TO for a team that is trying to get its act together for the first time in a decade.

This is Edwards' year to succeed or fail, if not, we'll be drafting QB in 2010 and starting all over again, probably without TO who won't want to stick around a rebuilding club a second year. He probably won't be alone. I'd go.

The bills are in a bad situation, but not the worst. The worst situation would be to sign a disgusting moron like Vick. So things would only get worse by getting the disgusting retard.

Idiot.

Idiot, ha. How elementary of you Todd. If you dont make the playoffs for a decade, then yes, it is the worst possible scenario.

Are you one of those dudes that thinks everybody should get a ribbon? Not trying to be a jerk here, but honestly, it doesnt matter who's on your team, as long as you win and make the playoffs. That's what constitues a successful or unsuccessful season. Nothing else matters buddy.

You call it bad, I call it worst. Im not going to call you names (like Idiot), I just think its people like you, who deem mediocre play as acceptable.

............here it comes, "I never said it was acceptable".........they've sucked for over 10 years now and I'll take anyone, ANYONE who can help win games, Vick can do that, he's a tremendous athelete.

Brilliant post. Even if your misguided ideas were correct, which they aren't, adding vick wouldn't get us any closer to the playoffs than we are now.

Either way, if morality doesn't factor in to your evaluation of success, this discussion is over. You aren't worth my time.

Idiot, ha. How elementary of you Todd. If you dont make the playoffs for a decade, then yes, it is the worst possible scenario.

Are you one of those dudes that thinks everybody should get a ribbon? Not trying to be a jerk here, but honestly, it doesnt matter who's on your team, as long as you win and make the playoffs. That's what constitues a successful or unsuccessful season. Nothing else matters buddy.

You call it bad, I call it worst. Im not going to call you names (like Idiot), I just think its people like you, who deem mediocre play as acceptable.

............here it comes, "I never said it was acceptable".........they've sucked for over 10 years now and I'll take anyone, ANYONE who can help win games, Vick can do that, he's a tremendous athelete.

John, the downside outweighs the upside.

Focus on the latter first. Would Vick - coming to Buffalo after 2 years of orange jumpsuits, "warm showers" and no practice - be a better fit for the Bills than would Edwards? I don't care if you're a Losman man or an Edwards man. Or a Flutie or Lamonica man. The question is whether Vick would be able to come into this offense THIS FRIGGIN' SATURDAY MORNING and be able to drive the Bills to the end zone better than would Trent Edwards. I would maintain "No", but I have this horrible logical view of the world that I find hard to shake.

Focus on the former second. Let's play a comparison game. We in Upstate New York are basking in the midst of a "TO Totality". It's all about TO. Reality TV. Househunting. Even nude photos. Weird, I admit. But we're along for the ride, and we're grinning all the way. The media loves TO, and in a warped and f-ed up way, they're loving.....well, tolerating....Buffalo. You're not seeing a lot of "Jesus, what a schit hole Buffalo is" stories in the national press, are you? It's an oddball sort of place, but woo hoo that TO is some crazy dude up in Buffalo!

Okay, let's hit the fast-forward button. National Media Headline - "90-year-old Ralph Wilson signs Michael Vick". Please let that headline bounce around your brain like a BB in a soup can. "90-year-old Ralph Wilson signs Michael Vick".

I'd continue with the argument, but I simply don't have the strength. I live in a universe where 90-year-old men, who are original owners of the biggest brand of sport franchise, and are about to be inducted into said sport's Hall of Fame in 3 short weeks, do NOT.........repeat......NOT.....sign convicted animal abusers as their quarterback. A guy like Wilson doesn't sign Vick to be his svengali servant, much less his QB! Security would have to open up 3 of the stadium parking lots JUST FOR THE PETA PEOPLE WITH THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES. WHY WOULD RALPH WILSON DO THIS TO HIMSELF AS HE'S WALKING INTO CANTON???!!!!!?????!!!! I know I'm asking a LOT, but please think about MY universe before you post things like this.

So wait, you're saying that adding Vick would get us to the Playoffs??

The National Football League is great! You should check out one of their games sometime..... :thumbsup:

Here's the thing, we've all heard of worst possible scenario, right? Well, that is what the Bills are in right now. They're in the absolute, worst possible situation they can be in right now by not having been to the playoffs in a decade.

With that being said, why not take a shot at Vick, at least entertain the option of running a wildcat offense? If that doesnt seem like an acceptable position, put him in the constantly beat-up and injured secondary as a third string.

As much as the NFL and fans hate him, other than sh***y reputation, I dont see how it can put the Bills in any worse possible situation than they're in right now.

....thoughts?

The wildcat is old news now, I would hedge a bet that most teams have already been examining and studying it and are implementing solutions to stop it. It will still have some production this year but like all other fads a way to beat it will be discovered.

Vick's a fukking assshole too and I think many fans would drop this team for good if he was signed.

....thoughts?

No

I would like to see vick in a bills uniform how sweet would that be...but a backup to trent who i like....we have no back up i dare one of you retards to say fitzpatrick....I MEAN REALLY DARE YOU....but you cant have to quarterbacks in the wildcat...well image fred - mike - marshawn...with t.o. on one side and lee on the other come on that would be crazy...some arent willing to admit it because its to good to be true...

:wallbash: :wallbash: :thumbsup::rolleyes:

I would like to see vick in a bills uniform how sweet would that be...but a backup to trent who i like....we have no back up i dare one of you retards to say fitzpatrick....I MEAN REALLY DARE YOU....but you cant have to quarterbacks in the wildcat...well image fred - mike - marshawn...with t.o. on one side and lee on the other come on that would be crazy...some arent willing to admit it because its to good to be true...

:wallbash: :wallbash: :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Has anyone here passed a basic English class in grade school?

John, the downside outweighs the upside.

Focus on the latter first. Would Vick - coming to Buffalo after 2 years of orange jumpsuits, "warm showers" and no practice - be a better fit for the Bills than would Edwards? I don't care if you're a Losman man or an Edwards man. Or a Flutie or Lamonica man. The question is whether Vick would be able to come into this offense THIS FRIGGIN' SATURDAY MORNING and be able to drive the Bills to the end zone better than would Trent Edwards. I would maintain "No", but I have this horrible logical view of the world that I find hard to shake.

Focus on the former second. Let's play a comparison game. We in Upstate New York are basking in the midst of a "TO Totality". It's all about TO. Reality TV. Househunting. Even nude photos. Weird, I admit. But we're along for the ride, and we're grinning all the way. The media loves TO, and in a warped and f-ed up way, they're loving.....well, tolerating....Buffalo. You're not seeing a lot of "Jesus, what a schit hole Buffalo is" stories in the national press, are you? It's an oddball sort of place, but woo hoo that TO is some crazy dude up in Buffalo!

Okay, let's hit the fast-forward button. National Media Headline - "90-year-old Ralph Wilson signs Michael Vick". Please let that headline bounce around your brain like a BB in a soup can. "90-year-old Ralph Wilson signs Michael Vick".

I'd continue with the argument, but I simply don't have the strength. I live in a universe where 90-year-old men, who are original owners of the biggest brand of sport franchise, and are about to be inducted into said sport's Hall of Fame in 3 short weeks, do NOT.........repeat......NOT.....sign convicted animal abusers as their quarterback. A guy like Wilson doesn't sign Vick to be his svengali servant, much less his QB! Security would have to open up 3 of the stadium parking lots JUST FOR THE PETA PEOPLE WITH THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES. WHY WOULD RALPH WILSON DO THIS TO HIMSELF AS HE'S WALKING INTO CANTON???!!!!!?????!!!! I know I'm asking a LOT, but please think about MY universe before you post things like this.

LOL WHAT A sh-- WHOLE BUFFALO IS...classic line

i agree wit the peta people havin there own parkin lot wit picthforks too lol...but i dont care id walk by wit my vick jersey on and pit bull and if the said somethin id let her eat them...GET EM GIRL...LOL...

:thumbsup:

If the Bills were the first team to trot out the Wildcat last year, they would have had success with it, too. They didn't and tried to copy it with personncel that didn't really fit. If the Bills are to win a game or get on a roll because of a gimmick or wrinkle, Jauron and the coaches will have to come up with a new one themselves.

So wait, you're saying that adding Vick would get us to the Playoffs??

The National Football League is great! You should check out one of their games sometime..... :blush:

1. I did NOT say Vick would get us to the playoffs...you should check out a reading class sometime.

2. I am NOT saying Vick gets signed, and takes over for Trent. He'd have to compete like anyone else.

Im yet to see any substantial argument for any REAL downside of signing Vick, and letting him compete for a starting job.

I can care less about animals, PETA, or Todd (who is asking me if morality comes into play for me, no it doesnt uneducated putz, not when we're talking about footabll and winning.....all morals go out the window. You should spend your Sundays at church or volunteering in the community dork, i'll be watching football).

One of you idiots on the "NO VICK TO BUFFALO" campaign have to get me some type of concrete reason other than you plain dont like him (and are afraid to say it).