Ellison

I don't know. Maybe if Crowell hadn't pulled the stunt he did, by deciding to get surgery THREE days before the season started, Ellison wouldn't have been put in the position he was. Crowell took all the starter's snaps in the off-season, training camp, and pre-season. And the defense wasn't even the problem with the team last year.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. Maybe if Crowell hadn't pulled the stunt he did, by deciding to get surgery THREE days before the season started, Ellison wouldn't have been put in the position he was. Crowell took all the starter's snaps in the off-season, training camp, and pre-season. And the defense wasn't even the problem with the team last year.

Crowell deliberately sabotaged the Bills. He was payed-off by Devil Belichick, but it backfired since the Dolphins won the division anyway. Justice was done.

Every defense has weak links. EVERY defense. Hell, Jim Leonhard was starting in the vaunted Baltimore secondary.

...and Justin Bannan started on their D-line. This is the kind of stuff that makes me laugh when the regular post declaring "None of the Bills would start on any good NFL team", or similar nonsense. Two ex Bills that couldn't start on the team today, are starting for one of the best defenses in the league.

...and Justin Bannan started on their D-line. This is the kind of stuff that makes me laugh when the regular post declaring "None of the Bills would start on any good NFL team", or similar nonsense. Two ex Bills that couldn't start on the team today, are starting for one of the best defenses in the league.

Maybe some teams have better coaching staffs than the Bills. I know it's hard to imagine, but, still, it is possible.

Crowell deliberately sabotaged the Bills. He was payed-off by Devil Belichick, but it backfired since the Dolphins won the division anyway. Justice was done.

If you say so, chief! And in the end, even if Crowell had played, it wouldn't have affected the win total for the Bills last year.

If you say so, chief! And in the end, even if Crowell had played, it wouldn't have affected the win total for the Bills last year.

Who are you, Ms. Cleo? Don't make ridiculous statements that you can't even come close to proving, and state them as if they are fact.

Who are you, Ms. Cleo? Don't make ridiculous statements that you can't even come close to proving, and state them as if they are fact.

Like your "McKelvin got burned more often than not?" We're still waiting for that breakdown from you.

But again, the problems with the Bills were on offense. But feel free to argue which games were just an Angelo Crowell away from being wins.

Until this season, Ellison was a backup LB. (He is ideal for that.) He ended up starting due to injuries. If he goes into the season as the starter for the season, it is a big mistake, IMO.

I mean it cannot be anymore obvious, man.

Like your "McKelvin got burned more often than not?" We're still waiting for that breakdown from you.

But again, the problems with the Bills were on offense. But feel free to argue which games were just an Angelo Crowell away from being wins.

Right, Pee Wee Frewell's Marshmallow Menace defense was beyond reproach. Gave nearly 40% of 3rd down conversions and a full 50% on 4th down. The talk of the League.

Maybe you mean to say: "The Bills are even worse on offense than they are on defense.

I think we all could get behind that.

Keith Ellison is a perfect fit for a perennial 7-9 team that beat zero teams having a winning record...perfect match. He's a bend-and-break-later kind of guy.

Admit it, Lance Briggs would look out of place here.

Next thing, you'll want to replace Kyle Williams with Ngata and Bryan Scott with a Bob Sanders.

LOL, classic post. Some folks really believe they are watching football when they are really learning it.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/738494.html

In this article it states that the Bills were heavily pursuing Pisa and that Eillison will not be handed the starting spot. Nic Harris and Bowen have decent shot at supplanting him, and I'd give Bowen the slight edge. I like Ellison as a backup but not a starter. If there's someone out there at OLB I think we should bring him in too for competition. I like Brooks, but he's old and not sure he has anything left. At least this makes me think the coaching staff agree with what we are thinking here as well, which is Ellison is not really a starter

You must have read some other article because all that was said was there would be competition for the spot. Same thing you will read this time of year for essentially every position on the field. Perhaps only Brian Moorman is secure for now on the roster - otherwise everyone has competition. (BTW - Moorman will too if by some bizzare chance he shows up to camp fat, lazy and unwilling to compete to keep his job)

Right, Pee Wee Frewell's Marshmallow Menace defense was beyond reproach. Gave nearly 40% of 3rd down conversions...

I won't call you a liar, because the Bills D allowed a first down on 36.1% of their opponents' third down plays. In general conversation, 36.1 could seem like "nearly 40%".

Of course, nobody who understands football would suggest that allowing a 36.1% third down conversion rate, is terrible. In fact, only someone who was ignorant, or completely disingenuous would fail to mention that the Bills 36.1% third down conversion rate was 9th best in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

I tell you what, Billistic, I think we should leave the statistical analysis to someone other than you.

Right, Pee Wee Frewell's Marshmallow Menace defense was beyond reproach. Gave nearly 40% of 3rd down conversions and a full 50% on 4th down. The talk of the League.

While I didn't find a team ranking of 4th down completion percentage, the league average in 2008 was 54%.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/12/4th-down-trend.html

So, I guess what you were saying in your post is, "The Bills defense was among the best in the league at preventing 1st down conversions on 3rd down, and significantly better than average on 4th down." Right?

I tell you what, Billistic, I think we should leave the statistical analysis to someone other than you.

You didn't realize that after his copy-and-paste of Revis' and McKelvin's rookie stats?

While I didn't find a team ranking of 4th down completion percentage, the league average in 2008 was 54%.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/12/4th-down-trend.html

So, I guess what you were saying in your post is, "The Bills defense was among the best in the league at preventing 1st down conversions on 3rd down, and significantly better than average on 4th down." Right?

I'll stand pat on what I said. Marshmallow Menace.

Those who want to cling to the stat that the Bills defense was rated 14th "overall", excellent. I hope it comforts you.

I personally don't remember the Bills defense overwhelming any teams. However, I had to drink pretty heavily in order to watch the Bills at all, so I probably missed a few notable highlights.

I'll stand pat on what I said. Marshmallow Menace.

Those who want to cling to the stat that the Bills defense was rated 14th "overall", excellent. I hope it comforts you.

I personally don't remember the Bills defense overwhelming any teams. However, I had to drink pretty heavily in order to watch the Bills at all, so I probably missed a few notable highlights.

So you admit you are clueless when it comes to stats. Good. You might want to stop using them and embarrassing yourself,.