TO got the key to the City just for signing a contract

We all know that the Mayor was performing a cheap PR stunt when he gave TO the key to the City. But it raises the question, especially on the 50th anniversary of the Bills in Buffalo and Ralph's HOF induction this year - what is this town/Mayor going to do for Ralph to honor him? Does 50 years of loyalty to the City count for anything or do we reserve our honors for only the flashy free agent signees?

I know many of you resent Ralph for his wealth but, as he stated in a recent interview, several of his colleagues told him over the years he should move the team from Buffalo.

Is Ralph worthy of honors from the City or does this not fit the Mayor's criteria? And if the City will not honor him now, when will they?

Give him a key to your Taurus.

Seriously though, Ralph will be looked upon in a positive light forever for his contributions to the history of the game and the history of Buffalo, NY. Coming out and basically saying that the team will only move over his cold, dead body is a pretty cut and dry statement regarding his loyalty to the city. Nobody can fault him for getting old.

Give him a key to your Taurus.

Seriously though, Ralph will be looked upon in a positive light forever for his contributions to the history of the game and the history of Buffalo, NY. Coming out and basically saying that the team will only move over his cold, dead body is a pretty cut and dry statement regarding his loyalty to the city. Nobody can fault him for getting old.

Ralph's the man and everyone knows without him there are no Buffalo Bills, im sure that there will be a large tribute for him once he is gone and the Bills are too

POTC.

Pirates of the Caribbean?!?!

:rolleyes:

How's a couple of hundred million in government subsidies over the last 50 years or so?

Yeah, there's that.

I recognize what he's done. I'm also someone who thinks a lot of Mr. Wilson's meddling with the team caused many of the problems. But his stone hasn't been carved yet. I will reserve gratitude only if he does his best to ensure that the team stays in Buffalo (I'm cool with the 1 game/year in Toronto continuing, if necessary).

The way he's gone about it, it's like he found a rare, precious jewel but when it was time to do the deed, instead of passing it down, he sells it, leaving no legacy, no 'inheritance' so to speak. Just a really old house to pay to maintain... or demolish.

If the team does relocate after Ralph passes, from the other side of the ocean, you might see that he bled a region dry. A man worthy of honor in the community makes preparations rather than foment uncertainty. Sure, after he's gone things can go to hell a thousand different ways, but it's an irresponsible man who doesn't at least try to set something up for his works to continue. TO didn't deserve a token key. But any way it cuts, Ralph doesn't deserve a key. On one hand, if he lets whatever happen happen, he'll be a step above Art Modell in my esteem; on the other, if there is a more clandestine plan in the works and he has done his part to ensure the Bills remain in Buffalo, then he will deserve a 50-foot statue. It's still Ralph's choice to determine how he will be remembered.

We all know that the Mayor was performing a cheap PR stunt when he gave TO the key to the City. But it raises the question, especially on the 50th anniversary of the Bills in Buffalo and Ralph's HOF induction this year - what is this town/Mayor going to do for Ralph to honor him? Does 50 years of loyalty to the City count for anything or do we reserve our honors for only the flashy free agent signees?

I know many of you resent Ralph for his wealth but, as he stated in a recent interview, several of his colleagues told him over the years he should move the team from Buffalo.

Is Ralph worthy of honors from the City or does this not fit the Mayor's criteria? And if the City will not honor him now, when will they?

He should get a plaque honoring him as "Best Bills Owner of the 20th Century"