Sotomayor hearings begin

How frighteningly original.

Guess they are borrowing from the same playbook used during the Roberts confirmation, huh?

Don't worry, I'm sure everyone will be dazzled by the 'richness' of this 'wise Latina', even though her most newsworthy decision was just smacked down by the same group she's looking to join.

Opening remarks, particularly by the far right Sessions, has proven that the conservatives know they have no chance in defeating her nomination so let's make this a referendum on the Obama administration.

How frighteningly original.

I listened to the opening comments this morning from both the right and the left and it has become increasingly clear that of all the questions everyone plans to ask her, not a single person has bothered to ask her how SHE prefers her last name be pronounced.

Guess they are borrowing from the same playbook used during the Roberts confirmation, huh?

Don't worry, I'm sure everyone will be dazzled by the 'richness' of this 'wise Latina', even though her most newsworthy decision was just smacked down by the same group she's looking to join.

The reality is, they have the votes. The GOP should express their points, and move on. I'm reading that the left now plans to go after the character of the firefighter she ruled against. For the love of Christ, stay focused people. Pick your battles, and this isn't a battle that can be won (right) or lost (left), so grow up and let's get back to paying attention to the issues that we CAN have an affect on; like who killed Michael Jackson. :lol:

5-4 is hardly a smack down. Something like 7-2, as in Roe vs Wade, is a smack down.

Of course, it's the news-worthy decisions that, being controversial, are most likely to be "smacked down". Or...they're newsworthy BECAUSE they're smacked down.

Her confirmation is pretty much a foregone conclusion, though, unless something really stupid happens (and frankly, I think she could offer Texas back to Mexico, and still get confirmed). The hearings are nothing more than opportunities for press time for the Congresscritters.

Of course, it's the news-worthy decisions that, being controversial, are most likely to be "smacked down". Or...they're newsworthy BECAUSE they're smacked down.

Her confirmation is pretty much a foregone conclusion, though, unless something really stupid happens (and frankly, I think she could offer Texas back to Mexico, and still get confirmed). The hearings are nothing more than opportunities for press time for the Congresscritters.

That might just speed things up a bit. Hell throw in SoCal too.

I listened to the opening comments this morning from both the right and the left and it has become increasingly clear that of all the questions everyone plans to ask her, not a single person has bothered to ask her how SHE prefers her last name be pronounced.

The reality is, they have the votes. The GOP should express their points, and move on. I'm reading that the left now plans to go after the character of the firefighter she ruled against. For the love of Christ, stay focused people. Pick your battles, and this isn't a battle that can be won (right) or lost (left), so grow up and let's get back to paying attention to the issues that we CAN have an affect on; like who killed Michael Jackson. :lol:

Some outraged father no doubt. Mikey didn't have enough money left to pay em off this time. Probably

5-4 is hardly a smack down. Something like 7-2, as in Roe vs Wade, is a smack down.

No, it's an indictment of how pathetic partisan politics truly are today. The fact that this decision (and DC versus Heller) weren't 9-0 should be a wakeup call to every citizen. Unfortunately instead it has just re-enforced your idiocy.

Congrats.

So you've resorted to responding to your own thread when nobody cares what you posted. Nice job. LOL!

Keep typing to yourself and eventually Nozzle the nut or pBills will chime in for you.

Well turd ball I guess you don't care about the supreme kangaroo court.

Not surprising for a newbie here.

No, it's an indictment of how pathetic partisan politics truly are today. The fact that this decision (and DC versus Heller) weren't 9-0 should be a wakeup call to every citizen. Unfortunately instead it has just re-enforced your idiocy.

Congrats.

Bullseye Potsie!

I mean how did we ever get George W. Bush as President?

Though you are one of my favorite conservatives here KD (along with Wacka.....I'll explain that one later) , DeSoto by Studabaker's decision in New Haven was one of judicial restraint, hardly one of the judicial activists that currently occupy the High Court.

Bush v Gore anyone?

Though you are one of my favorite conservatives here KD (along with Wacka.....I'll explain that one later)

I was going to take that as a compliment until you mentioned Wacka. :rolleyes:

Of course this is a forgone conclusion -- I think we all agreed on that when she was first named. President gets to make his pick and no, I don't think she's an extremist. But let's not get too worked up about the other side getting in their jabs. It's going to happen no matter who is nominated.

The Florida votes where rigged. I understand how a liberals mindset can wander,but surly you must remember Bush never won.

There are way too many current talking points for liberals to learn. They simply can't do that and still remember the old talking points.

It's my understanding that the left has currently saved or created over 150,000 talking points since January.