Positional Power Rankings: WR

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9787230...-WR/TE-packages

"T.O. should, I repeat should, be happy in Buffalo this season — at least in this offense and opposite home-run hitter Lee Evans. Why? Because there's no tight end rooming with his QB talented enough to get in Owens' way of catching eight balls per game. T.O. should be the one moving the chains for Trent Edwards, which means if Owens doesn't drop the ball too much the Bills should be potent. Adding T.O. moves Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish down a notch each to more suitable spots on the depth chart. Sure, in a normal world Edwards could use a tight end aerial outlet ... but don't make T.O. angry, you wouldn't like him if he's angry."

BILLS NUMBER 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have too many weapons to cover, somebody will be open.

Wow. I think you underestimate the horridness of our offensive coaching.

We can almost call a playaction pass 3 times in a row and know it will work one time out of the 3, again weapons.

It will work why? Because you do that on Madden?

We can almost call a playaction pass 3 times in a row and know it will work one time out of the 3, again weapons.

I remember Marty Schottenheimer started a game with three straight play action passes one time. He was known as such a conservative coach that the defense bit on every single one and they ended up scoring a TD. I'm sure the defense was a little slower to make reads for the rest of the game too.

I remember Marty Schottenheimer started a game with three straight play action passes one time. He was known as such a conservative coach that the defense bit on every single one and they ended up scoring a TD. I'm sure the defense was a little slower to make reads for the rest of the game too.

:lol: , you're the first person to pick that up. Very smart / impressed.

Wow. I think you underestimate the horridness of our offensive coaching.

It will work why? Because you do that on Madden?

Nothing works all the time but changing up what you normally do forces your opponents to wonder what's next. We're going to have someone open on every play, how we get the rock forward has to be a blend.

Nothing works all the time but changing up what you normally do forces your opponents to wonder what's next. We're going to have someone open on every play, how we get the rock forward has to be a blend.

That statement is largely true for most teams. On the majority of passing plays, there is somebody open. It's rare that you see film where each receiver has a DB stuck to him like glue. The question usually is "Does the quarterback have the vision to cycle through his reads, pick out the open receiver, and fire the ball with confidence?"

The QB is not the end-all be-all of an offense, but he is often the difference in a close game.

One thing is for certain, opposing defenses will blitz the Bills O-line heavily this upcoming season. If the Bills O-line holds up well than the sky is the limit for this offense as long as Jauron and Schonert don't screw it up.

The Blitzes can be countered with screens as well. We have so many good screen candidates to throw the rock at, which is sweet.

One thing is for certain, opposing defenses will blitz the Bills O-line heavily this upcoming season. If the Bills O-line holds up well than the sky is the limit for this offense as long as Jauron and Schonert don't screw it up.

Maybe, but if the guys can hold off the blitz for a couple of seconds TE has too many weapons to make that a steady tactic by defenses. With TO and Evans as well as the slot receivers the Bills have it'll be a dangerous tactic. JMO

I believe a lot of people think the OL is going to be a lot worse to start than they actually will be. These guys were moved around and signed in FA and drafted because they have talent. Hangartner is a HUGE upgrade over Preston and Fowler. Butler is being moved to his college position at RT and has almost all of the tools to excel there and could even without all of the tools necessary. He will at least be solid. This is not a brand new position for him. Walker is an upgrade, IMO, over last years model of JP. The two rookies are going to be good. I think Wood will have a couple of pancakes a game.

From the way some people talk here you'd think that none of the OL have ever played OL before. :lol:

Maybe, but if the guys can hold off the blitz for a couple of seconds TE has too many weapons to make that a steady tactic by defenses. With TO and Evans as well as the slot receivers the Bills have it'll be a dangerous tactic. JMO

I believe a lot of people think the OL is going to be a lot worse to start than they actually will be. These guys were moved around and signed in FA and drafted because they have talent. Hangartner is a HUGE upgrade over Preston and Fowler. Butler is being moved to his college position at RT and has almost all of the tools to excel there and could even without all of the tools necessary. He will at least be solid. This is not a brand new position for him. Walker is an upgrade, IMO, over last years model of JP. The two rookies are going to be good. I think Wood will have a couple of pancakes a game.

From the way some people talk here you'd think that none of the OL have ever played OL before. :lol:

I think Trent's experience of sensing pressure will help alot as well, he'll know how much time he has left to find that open player.

you do realize that Peyton Manning ran play action off of the stretch play almost every play.

Only in Buffalo is the play action pass a once in a lifetime occurence.

What makes you think that this year DJ and staff will have learned to change up what they do?

More likely, the rookie/out of natural position Oline lets TE get rocked and injured, then we are back to the most basic offense possible "to protect" Fitz and "helpo" him get into the offense.

All these many scenarios are really great... until it comes back to basics. DJ is horrible. He cannot lead us anywhere.

What makes you think that this year DJ and staff will have learned to change up what they do?

More likely, the rookie/out of natural position Oline lets TE get rocked and injured, then we are back to the most basic offense possible "to protect" Fitz and "helpo" him get into the offense.

All these many scenarios are really great... until it comes back to basics. DJ is horrible. He cannot lead us anywhere.

Then why do you continue to watch AND post on a message board?