Positional Power Rankings: WR

That would be Derek Fine.

The missed much of last season to injury Fine and the rookie Nelson I think are exhibits one and two as to why I suspect we will be seeing a 3 WR set as our base O this year.

Add to that the lack of any significant talent at FB and us cutting a lot of the heaviest OL in football points to us not going smashmouth but running from the spread O.

Folks being worried anout the blitz is a naturally smart thing as well, but I think a Bills response of using the 3 WRs with Homerun hitter Evans, RAC producer TO and the speedy and elusive Parrish to force other teams to zone up as their base O would do a lot to force opposing Ds to not rely on a series of continual blitz packages.

I think our reported significant use of the no huddle would also pressure Ds and not allow them a lot of time to apply exotic stunts which would challenge the young OL.

Ultimately the players will have to play and the youngsters will simply have to sink or swim a lot based on their talent as players. However, if the Bills use their 3rd in the league ranked WR talent (at least according to a Foxsports analysis) to dictate D schemes for the opponent the # of times per game that the youngsters will be relied upon will be the least possible.

Then why do you continue to watch AND post on a message board?

Don't you get it? This message board isn't for realism, its for fantasy.. Jauron does stink.. The OLine Does stink. The team is very very average . We have no TE . We have no pass rush.. We have really no stars let alone superstars unless your talking about a 37 year old wide receiver.

you do realize that Peyton Manning ran play action off of the stretch play almost every play.

Only in Buffalo is the play action pass a once in a lifetime occurence.

Manning also puts a little sumfin sumfin into his play fakes. Why can our QBs not do that? Typically (in the rare occasions when we run play action) we get a halfhearted fake where the QB and RB don't come within 3 yards of each other.

Sell the fake fercryingoutloud!

Don't you get it? This message board isn't for realism, its for fantasy.. Jauron does stink.. The OLine Does stink. The team is very very average . We have no TE . We have no pass rush.. We have really no stars let alone superstars unless your talking about a 37 year old wide receiver.

Why are you being so picky and cynical?

These are the key clichés:

- any given Sunday

- you can't go by last year's record

- no huddle, and/or audibles

- Terrell Owens, TO, TO, TO...

- breakout year for the Poz

Perhaps no post you have left here has revealed your way of thinking better than this simple statement.

It's a simple statement about a simple concept. This is football. A pasttime, diversion, or in the words of my wife "a waste of time." It's not a marriage. It doesn't really affect you. If you're so GD miserable about the owner, coach, thug players, that the team isn't the Patriots, etc., find another team or stop watching football. Life is too short to be made miserable by something over which you have complete control. And believe me, better people than you have switched allegiances.

It's a simple statement about a simple concept. This is football. A pasttime, diversion, or in the words of my wife "a waste of time." It's not a marriage. It doesn't really affect you. If you're so GD miserable about the owner, coach, thug players, that the team isn't the Patriots, etc., find another team or stop watching football. Life is too short to be made miserable by something over which you have complete control. And believe me, better people than you have switched allegiances.

I have no desire to "switch allegiances" and I'm hardly "miserable" (look in the mirror, bro!). Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to scold someone who is not as satisfied with the current Bills as you are. Also, your suggestion that someone who does not toe your company line (there are many here) and would dare voice his/her heretic opinions should not be posting here or even watching the games speaks for itself. Your only comeback is that these (us) people are not "real fans", like you are.

That's your thing. We get it. Move aside and let the adults have a lively discussion.

I have no desire to "switch allegiances" and I'm hardly "miserable" (look in the mirror, bro!). Just pointing out how ridiculous it is to scold someone who is not as satisfied with the current Bills as you are. Also, your suggestion that someone who does not toe your company line (there are many here) and would dare voice his/her heretic opinions should not be posting here or even watching the games speaks for itself. Your only comeback is that these (us) people are not "real fans", like you are.

That's your thing. We get it. Move aside and let the adults have a lively discussion.

The problem isn't the people who have doubts about the Bills' success this year. Heck, I try to be an optimist but if I had a gun to my head I'd probably predict a 7-9 record this year too.

The PROBLEM is the folks who are myopically writing off the team this year before training camp even starts. Worse are the people who use crappy logic and won't listen to reason. I'm so sick of hearing "We brought in a guy to play center who's never even been a starter". First, he's started half of the games in which he's played. Second, even if that wasn't the case, how is that ANY logical indication that he sucks?

In other words, I don't hate pessimists, I just hate the logical fallacies they seem to spew on a daily basis.

The problem isn't the people who have doubts about the Bills' success this year. Heck, I try to be an optimist but if I had a gun to my head I'd probably predict a 7-9 record this year too.

The PROBLEM is the folks who are myopically writing off the team this year before training camp even starts. Worse are the people who use crappy logic and won't listen to reason. I'm so sick of hearing "We brought in a guy to play center who's never even been a starter". First, he's started half of the games in which he's played. Second, even if that wasn't the case, how is that ANY logical indication that he sucks?

In other words, I don't hate pessimists, I just hate the logical fallacies they seem to spew on a daily basis.

We have sucked for 9 years, so I can see the logic behind the self-defense mechanisms put up here. The real issue is just like you said, we can't be under the bus yet without a real down being played. You can also see the management has made a real effort to solidify the lines and upgrade our offense as well. Our draft guys may have pulled out a few late round gems but that is yet to be seen as well but without seeing it, there is no real reason to look upon anything as negative yet.

Faith has a way of escaping most Bills fans, even the hardiest of souls cry here and there.

We have sucked for 9 years, so I can see the logic behind the self-defense mechanisms put up here. The real issue is just like you said, we can't be under the bus yet without a real down being played. You can also see the management has made a real effort to solidify the lines and upgrade our offense as well. Our draft guys may have pulled out a few late round gems but that is yet to be seen as well but without seeing it, there is no real reason to look upon anything as negative yet.

Faith has a way of escaping most Bills fans, even the hardiest of souls cry here and there.

Skooby, you're alright. :lol:

LOL! Let me know when the "adult" talk starts, bro. After that fantastical defense of the Patriots' cheating ways and Kraft's CBA, I suspect you could deliver a dissertation on the existence of Santa Claus.

But hey, keep on proving how you're not a Patriots fan, or an uber-frustrated Bills fan (your mirror cracked long ago). In either case, not watching the Bills, much less commenting on them, is probably the best for you.