Paul Wolfowitz

IBTG81

From what I've read (NY POST, MSNBC.com, listening to 770AM) that Wolfowitz is going to be elevated to either Secretary of Defense, or the NSA. What is everyone's thinking of this. I know it's good to have a mix of hawks and chickens, but to have a hawk so high up...

Do you think my dream of the mid-east becoming a canal could be coming true?

Even for this Bush Supporter...the idea of Wolfowitz as Secretary of Defense is downright chilling.

107630[/snapback]

Not for this one.

It's damn well time we had someone who believes in the projection of American power.

If the government's gonna waste my money, I'd rather they waste it vaporizing our enemies than handing it out to freeloaders.

Not for this one.

It's damn well time we had someone who believes in the projection of American power.

If the government's gonna waste my money, I'd rather they waste it vaporizing our enemies than handing it out to freeloaders.

107957[/snapback]

Blowing stevestojan up is cool.

I've always wondered why they don't have theme parks for grown men. Like "Military Land" and "Construction Land". You could build them right next to each other. Just keep blowing stevestojan up and then rebuilding it.

Just to remind people who Paul Wolfowitz is, he is the guy who testified that Iraqi oil revenue would pay for everything.

He also is the guy (with Rumsfeld) who basically fired Shinseki after he testified (accurately) about how many troops we would need.

Finally, Wolfowtiz was one of the principal neocon architects behind this war. He has no credibility with any other country. It would be a huge mistake to make him Secretary of State given that his job would be foreign relations.

Although I do not favor him to take over for Condi Rice, that would be a much better fit than State.

Just to remind people who Paul Wolfowitz is, he is the guy who testified that Iraqi oil revenue would pay for everything.

He also is the guy (with Rumsfeld) who basically fired Shinseki after he testified (accurately) about how many troops we would need.

Finally, Wolfowtiz was one of the principal neocon architects behind this war.  He has no credibility with any other country.  It would be a huge mistake to make him Secretary of State given that his job would be foreign relations.

Although I do not favor him to take over for Condi Rice, that would be a much better fit than State.

107967[/snapback]

No Secretary of State. Either Secretary of Defense, or the NSA.

Wolfowitz isn't just some neophyte to Defense. He was an analyst for at least 20 years.

And having read some of his analytical papers...he scares me. Rather imperialistic, I think. Calling him the architect behind the invasion of Iraq is a bit of a stretch...but he generally espoused a very strong US presence in the Middle East (i.e. invading a country) in a 1980 paper of his.

Wolfowitz isn't just some neophyte to Defense.  He was an analyst for at least 20 years.

And having read some of his analytical papers...he scares me.  Rather imperialistic, I think.  Calling him the architect behind the invasion of Iraq is a bit of a stretch...but he generally espoused a very strong US presence in the Middle East (i.e. invading a country) in a 1980 paper of his.

108386[/snapback]

Well, do you think he would be a bad choice?

Lets put it this way. As a Republican, I am much more comfortable with Ashcroft as AG then Wolfie as SoD. He would be less devisive IMO. That should tell you something...

Personally, I think Colin Powell had been kind of a waste as SoS. If Rummy leaves, how about Powell returning to his former, and successful stomping grounds?

From what I've read (NY POST, MSNBC.com, listening to 770AM) that Wolfowitz is going to be elevated to either Secretary of Defense, or the NSA. What is everyone's thinking of this. I know it's good to have a mix of hawks and chickens, but to have a hawk so high up...

Do you think my dream of the mid-east becoming a canal could be coming true?

107626[/snapback]

What a let down...

Donald Rumsfeld for king.