LESS THAN A MONTH FROM NOW........

sven233

I hope you live close to the stadium, otherwise you are getting up way too late! We hit the road around 6:30 from Rochester.

Amherst. Sunday mornings its a quick trip, 990-290-190-90-219-179.

On the plus side, that does mean an entire day of solid football action without having to worry how the Bills are doing/did.

Anytime the Bills and Giants don't overlap its fine by me. I may have seasons at the Ralph, but I still have to watch Big Blue.

Just think how antsy we will all be on the first full Sunday of NFL games? The season will be here, we will be watching other games on Sunday, but know that we have to wait all day Sunday and all day Monday to see our Buffalo Bills. I think I'll be going batsh!t crazy in anticipation.

This is true. However I look at it in a different light. I see us as being on Monday night as 2 opening days of football. In fact theres many openings for us this year. We get the HOF game (which im going to), opening thursday night, opening day sunday, then opening day monday night for our Bills. Then it gets better because we will also get an opening weekend which is different from opening day. I just love football and all it brings so to have opening day is enough excitement, but we get more treats the next day, and then again a few weeks later.

A buddy of mine actually landed a few tickets to the Steelers vs Titans season opener, so I'm lucky enough to be able to go to that game.

I of course will be decked out in Bills gear, which will no doubt make me a curiosity amongst rabid Steelers fans. At best, I hope they view me as a Sasquatch sighting.

I can relate.

What I love is when that first full Saturday of college football games starts, followed by the first full Sunday of NFL games.

The start of football season is bliss.

i hear you man, i love football season.. i work half days on saturdays, so i try to get out about 11 and then my weekend really starts with the noontime college game..

Amherst. Sunday mornings its a quick trip, 990-290-190-90-219-179.

Its prolly quicker to cut out the 190. Take the 990-290-90-219- im not sure what the 179 is but get off at Milestrip (prolly the 179) and make a left on Abbott.

IMO if find it quicker. the 990 is in a rough spot where its almost on the opposite side of where you need to get but I think the 290 is faster. And at 730am there is no traffic whatsoever.

But you have your ritual I dont want to ruin that. LOL

Its prolly quicker to cut out the 190. Take the 990-290-90-219- im not sure what the 179 is but get off at Milestrip (prolly the 179) and make a left on Abbott.

IMO if find it quicker. the 990 is in a rough spot where its almost on the opposite side of where you need to get but I think the 290 is faster. And at 730am there is no traffic whatsoever.

But you have your ritual I dont want to ruin that. LOL

Milestrip is 179*. Last season we took 990-290-90 so we may do that again. There is something for driving on the thruway on a cool fall morning listening to WGR.

*You sill Buffalonians and your adding "the" in front of route numbers :thumbsup:

The Buffalo Bills will take the field for the first time in the 2009-2010 season! While it is only Preseason, I NEED FOOTBALL and I absolutely can't wait! Heck, I can't wait for Training Camp! LETS GO BILLS!!!!!!

Yeah...count me in, too!

Last season, I really was feeling good about the team until the My Yami game in Toronto. They were really playing well and with confidence. Even a couple of 4th quarter comebacks, if I remember correctly. It seemed like they just got deflated after that and pretty much lost their confidence.

Here's hoping they come out of the gate like last season and smoke 'em all the way through.

This year is cool because we play the first game of the year. Hall of fame game.

we have 5 games to at least see what the Oline can do, which is good cause they need all the pre-season snaps they can get.

seeing TO in full Bills gear...priceless

seeing what Maybin has to offer...

like to see Rhodes get most of the carries in the preseason.

It will be interesting to see the 1st and 2nd year players play alot of snaps in the first 2 games.

I wonder how Fitz will do as second string QB.

Lots of thing to look forward to, cant wait for the Hall of Fame weekend.

Hope Bruce doesnt bring his flask to the event lol

IMO one of the best feelings is waking up on a Sunday morning at 7am realizing its time to get ready to go to the stadium.

Wake up?, I don't sleep very well the night before opening day. This year might be easier being a Monday night start.

The last 3 seasons have been a little easier on me. My best freinds g/f lived less than a half mile from the stadium. We made it a ritual on Saturday afternoon to hang out there. Go shopping for our tailgating food and drinks and get something to make for dinner that night. We would usually prepare tailgating food as well as our dinner that night. Eat, play a little Contra or Life Force on old school NES, watch a movie and go to bed to get up early. This year they moved to Angola so its almost as much as a drive as it would be for me to get there from my place in Amherst. My gameday rituals usually started on Saturday on my way there flying down the 290 blazing up the road rockin it out to some Faith No More. I dont know what im gonna do this year. But Im really excited and all I care about is being there early am on Sunday morning.

I cant wait for the season to start!!! <_<

Mark, are you going to Canton for the HOF? Ill be there and wondering if you were gonna be there.

Hey Mike, unfortunately I can not make it to Canton. But there will be plenty of Bills fans there for the event. Pinto Kenny will be there, and probably be the only person having a tailgate at the HOF.

Just think how antsy we will all be on the first full Sunday of NFL games? The season will be here, we will be watching other games on Sunday, but know that we have to wait all day Sunday and all day Monday to see our Buffalo Bills. I think I'll be going batsh!t crazy in anticipation.

It will be a bittersweet moment on Sunday. Yes football will be in full swing, yet we as Bills fans have to wait until Monday to watch our boys in action.

To look on the bright side we will be cheering on the Texans when they play the Jets and the Falcons when they play the Dolphins.