Who is the best QB in next years draft.

What on Earth makes you and so many people think of Trent as "intelligent"? Is it the blank stares with the "duh" look on his face? Being less stupid than Tony Romo or Brett Favre does not make a person intelligent.

And he gets better game after game? Are you talking about Scrabble or something? The last sports game he was in involved the Blue Jays and the results were suspect. And the NE game was quite the feat too.

Listen; I too hope Trent has a great year. I also hope to witness a man walking on the surface of Jupiter, but Jupiter doesn't have a surface.

The way he fields questions about defenses he faces, blitz packages, and running an NFL offense are just a few of the ways you can tell he's learning each and every time he's on the field. If there's anything we've learned here in Buffalo, and all over the NFL in recent years, it's that QB's need to be cerebral, and can't be successful with just talent alone. You've got to know what you're doing out there, and Trent is obviously getting it and learning each time he sees something different and adjusting.

It's not that difficult to tell that he's a smart guy, and that he's learning the game more and more.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody knows if trent is going to be a great qb, but the kid hasnt even been the starter for two full seasons on an team with a young, and average at

best supporting cast . Dont forget Drew Brees played three seasons on a the Chargers and played bad enough that they felt the need to draft Phillip Rivers.

Then as LT became the most dominant RB in the league and Antonio Gates came into the picture, Brees played lights out and went to the Pro Bowl. The

Chargers were then stuck with Rivers rookie contract and had to let Brees go, and we all know how that turned out. Brees went to the pro bowl again and

Rivers sucked balls his second year and SD looked like retards. I bet the SD message boards were saying the same thing about Brees and Rivers going

into thier third seasons as we are about Trent. In Trent's in 24 starts ive seen a guy thats had some games where he looked like a rookie and some games

where he's looked like a seasoned veteran. The thing I have noticed most is, even in a game he has played terrible in, he's had clutch moments

(jets,skins '07-oak,StL,jax'08) and if the bills are behind & its close in the 4th qtr he gives me the opposite feeling JP did when were winning in the 4th qtr.

In a QB's first two years those negetive things are going to happen, but the positive things he's done dont always happen and are at least a sign of future

promise. I'm not saying that Edwards is going to be a Rivers or a Brees, but but if he is, I dont want to see him have a breakout season after Buffalo

drafts an expensive 1st rd Qb pushing Trent out of Buffalo only to have continued success in a different city like Brees did. I guess what im saying is, Trent

has played above his years enough times for fans to give him a chance to at least be a veteran Qb before calling for his replacement.

Good post, as usual Bandit!

In regards to the thread, Sam Bradford, hands down!!

The results beg to differ.

Like I said if he was so good why did he take forever to sign with a team? Just face it Garcia isn't better than Edwards and every NFL team knows it. You keep saying how the Bills are at the bottom of the QB heap and only the Vikings and 49ers are more likely to draft QB's in next years draft. But I pointed out the fact that teams like the Rams, Redskins, Raiders, Broncos and Jaguars have just about the same situation at QB and all are likely to have the same need for a QB as Buffalo.

Second teams like the Lions, Jets, and Bucs who drafted QB's this year have worse QB situations going into this season than the Bills. So the Rams, Redskins, Raiders, Vikings, 49ers, and Jaguars all are just as likely if not more likely to draft QB's than Buffalo. And another 3 teams also drafted QB's who are just as if not more likely to not work than Trent.

You overexagerate the Bills QB situation and the possibility that they will take a QB high next year. Trent is accurate and doesn't throw ints two qualities any NFL QB needs. Sure he needs to throw more TD's but he doesn't even have 2 full seasons of starting under his belt. So lets reserve judgement on "How terrible Trent is" until we see exactly what Trent is. Keep in mind he is young and an unfinished product.

Yeah you are right, it is much better to have no leadership skills in the NFL like Tony Romo.

Romo looked like a pretty good leader when he was bringing his team back on a certain Monday Night in Buffalo. Guys without leadership skills don't overcome his first quarter performance in that game.

Good post, as usual Bandit!

In regards to the thread, Sam Bradford, hands down!!

Whoa. I had forgotten the post topic.

Put me down for Tebow-Bradford, pretty much a coin flip for me. Bradford seems more polished in the pro game, and Tebow seems for athletic, with an insatiable desire to win.

Not a fan of any of them as a NFL QB just yet. Bradford is not as good as made out to be. The OK offense was built on the run and a great OL, Bradford never carried his team with his arm the way great NFL QBs do. Second most of the windows he throws into are not that small, I havent seem him do it but that doesnt mean he cant. McCoy is the best as far as accuracy and he can put the ball on a rope but he cant seem to throw the deep ball very deep. Tebow is a big ? but I dont see a kid with that type of determination, athletic ability, and smarts ever failing in the NFL. QB? Maybe, but he will be in the League. I would say -- 1. Trent turns into HOF this season 2. McCoy 3. Tebow 4. Bradford