Conundrum for Conservatives

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have some good news for San Francisco. It turns out, the city is about to get $16 MILLION in taxpayer dollars from the stimulus bill.

Unfortunately, that $16 MILLION won't be to clean up the city. No, it will be go to the San Francisco Bay Area habitat, where the San Francisco salt marsh harvest mouse is about to kick it large with Nancy. One can only imagine the number of jobs that are going to be created by this all-important shovel-ready effort that Pelosi and the current administration have forced down people's throats.

Why, already you can see people lining up to eagerly take on these jobs where they will carefully brush the hair and teeth of the tiny little rodent to keep it safe and happy.

And one or two people may look after the mouse, too.

How gay...

Matthew 19:24

24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Ooooor... You could take that story IN CONTEXT. The quote you're using above is Jesus telling an arrogant young rich prince who THINKS he's getting into heaven because of his wealth and good works that he's not.

Start of the story:

Matthew 19:16 - "And behold, a young man came up to him and said, " Teacher, WHAT GOOD DEED MUST I DO TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE?" (emphasis mine)

End of the story (and the point of the whole passage): Matthew 19:26 - "But Jesus looked at them and said: "With man, this is impossible, with God, all things are possible."

Moral of the story: good works don't get you into heaven. Only faith and belief in God and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ will get you there.