Tim Graham defends the Patriots claim to

So, who are you going to root for when the Pats* start to suck again and you're hopping off that bandwagon? I'm guessing you'll go back to being a Cowpokes fan myself......

It doesn't look like they'll be sucking anytime soon, so we don't have to worry about that.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't look like they'll be sucking anytime soon, so we don't have to worry about that.

Keep drafting like you have the last few years (Mayo aside) and you'll be having that mental conversation a bit sooner than you and half of "Pats* Nation" think.....

Oh they* will suck - starting with that Monday nite nat'l TV blowout at the hands of the Buffalo Bills...

Our BuffTown Bills 34

Provincetown Patriettes* 0

I predict an 8-8 season for the Patriettes*, at which point you'll say you're were Giants fan all along anyway.

Don't need a link, it's common sense. They went 11-5 with a ton of injuries. The Bills are healthy and they can't finish .500

Bad drafts? Yeah, Mayo aside...and Meriweather...and the whole o-line and d-lines, etc

The Bills will win 34-0? They haven't even put up that many points in all 4 games combined the last two seasons against the Patriots. :pirate: Nice dig about the Giants, go back to the 60's if you want to insult somebody like that.

And yet, other NFL organizations seemed satisfied with the investigation.

What did you expect? That the other owners would agree to a full scale investigation into the Patriots, which could potentially uncover that they've had indeed been cheating, thus necessitating the league stripping them of their SB wins? For all the world to see? Yeah, that might have happened.

Don't need a link, it's common sense. They went 11-5 with a ton of injuries. The Bills are healthy and they can't finish .500

Bad drafts? Yeah, Mayo aside...and Meriweather...and the whole o-line and d-lines, etc

The Bills will win 34-0? They haven't even put up that many points in all 4 games combined the last two seasons against the Patriots. :devil: Nice dig about the Giants, go back to the 60's if you want to insult somebody like that.

Mayo's good, but overrated (funny how that happens to a lot of Pats* players, isn't it?) and Meriweather's really nothing special, IMHO. I still laugh every time I see him blow the coverage on that little out to Steve Smith for the key first down on the G-Men's game-winning TD drive in that Super Bowl that I've watched more times than you can count!:pirate:

When was the last time you drafted an O-lineman or D-lineman who started or was worth a crap? Logan Mankins, maybe what, 4 or 5 years ago?

Yep, you're right. Warren in 2003, Wilfork in 2004, Mankins and Kaczur in 2005. None of them are "worth a crap". Meriweather was a rookie in 2007. Meanwhile those stellar Bills drafts have ALMOST gotten you a .500 record.

Yep, you're right. Warren in 2003, Wilfork in 2004, Mankins and Kaczur in 2005. None of them are "worth a crap". Meriweather was a rookie in 2007. Meanwhile those stellar Bills drafts have ALMOST gotten you a .500 record.

That was exactly my point--it's been about 5 years since you've drafted a difference maker on either line (and that was WITH Pioli and Dimitroff, neither of whom are there any more). Laurence Maroney and Chad Jackson are more representative of your recent drafts. Tough to call Meriweather a "rookie" after he's played 18 NFL games, no? By that measure, he'd played more games than Poz had played after his second season in the League, so maybe he was a rookie last year, too, by that measure.....

PS Your Kaczur mention reminds me--how is it that Lynch gets a 3 game sitdown for having a gun in his trunk, while good old Nicky boy gets a big NADA for having intent to deal quantities of Oxy? Must have brought Mrs. Wilfork with him for his meeting with Goodell--I hear she helped get Fat Vince off last year from what should have been a multi-game suspension for cheap shots (and would have been had he played for anyone else).....

I guess we've exposed who the Patriots fans and who the intelligent fans, are. :pirate:

Hilarious! Look at the "crowd" you've thrown in with. Some real brain power there....."coverup, whitewash, conspiracy, players, owner, refs, the media---all to preserve the league's reputation!" It would not surprise you to know that, to this day, there are people who think that we never landed on the moon.

Hey, fellas, how's that Arlen Specter "investigation" going? Oh, that's right, he dropped his crusade when he found out that none of his colleagues cared about spygate (they must be on the NFL payroll also, right) and his boy Matt Walsh turned out to be.....well, not quite what he had hoped. When Specter could no longer milk this story for any more tiny drops of political juice, he dumped it like a hot rock. Just like he dumped his political party affiliation when it became clear he could no longer be re-elected by his party faithful constituents---no doubt many of them were embarrassed by his perpetual grandstanding. There aren't many more obviouws frauds in the Senate right now.

Didn't someone mention that the pats have sold out home games for 15 straight years (including the Carrol to BB transition years)? How many years of stadium sellouts does a team need before it is no longer in a "bandwagon" situation?

Hilarious! Look at the "crowd" you've thrown in with. Some real brain power there....."coverup, whitewash, conspiracy, players, owner, refs, the media---all to preserve the league's reputation!" It would not surprise you to know that, to this day, there are people who think that we never landed on the moon.

Hey, fellas, how's that Arlen Specter "investigation" going? Oh, that's right, he dropped his crusade when he found out that none of his colleagues cared about spygate (they must be on the NFL payroll also, right) and his boy Matt Walsh turned out to be.....well, not quite what he had hoped. When Specter could no longer milk this story for any more tiny drops of political juice, he dumped it like a hot rock. Just like he dumped his political party affiliation when it became clear he could no longer be re-elected by his party faithful constituents---no doubt many of them were embarrassed by his perpetual grandstanding. There aren't many more obviouws frauds in the Senate right now.

Didn't someone mention that the pats have sold out home games for 15 straight years (including the Carrol to BB transition years)? How many years of stadium sellouts does a team need before it is no longer in a "bandwagon" situation?

How about you selling 19000 season tickets (in a city 5 times the size of Buffalo) in the early 90s? The Bills could go 0-16 and sell twice that. I lived there then and it was hysterical how much an afterthought to the Sox and Celtics the Pats* were.....

That was exactly my point--it's been about 5 years since you've drafted a difference maker on either line (and that was WITH Pioli and Dimitroff, neither of whom are there any more). Laurence Maroney and Chad Jackson are more representative of your recent drafts. Tough to call Meriweather a "rookie" after he's played 18 NFL games, no? By that measure, he'd played more games than Poz had played after his second season in the League, so maybe he was a rookie last year, too, by that measure.....

PS Your Kaczur mention reminds me--how is it that Lynch gets a 3 game sitdown for having a gun in his trunk, while good old Nicky boy gets a big NADA for having intent to deal quantities of Oxy? Must have brought Mrs. Wilfork with him for his meeting with Goodell--I hear she helped get Fat Vince off last year from what should have been a multi-game suspension for cheap shots (and would have been had he played for anyone else).....

You've got to be kidding me. They haven't HAD to draft a difference maker on either line. Wilfork, Warren, and Seymour are all under 30 and good/great players. As for the o-line, they gave up 21 sacks in 2007. The 47 or so that they gave up in 2008 was as much Matt Cassel as it was them. In addition, once Stephen Neal came back I never noticed an issue with Cassel getting sacked often like he did earlier.

Hmm...let's see. Painkillers VS carrying a concealed weapon and having marijuana AFTER he was involved in a hit and run. Yeah, let's crucify the guy with the painkillers. He's a Patriot, after all. And we all know only Patriots players do bad things.

And after he was caught, Kaczur agreed to help bust a drug dealer or whatever. I don't know the details, but I'm sure you do. I also had to look up Marshawn's case because I really don't care otherwise, but yeah, you probably shouldn't be arguing about that.

We are smart enough to KNOW a PHONY when we see one "Mr. Bills fan" go back to the board of the CHEATERS along with the rest of the bandwagon fans.

You've got to be kidding me. They haven't HAD to draft a difference maker on either line. Wilfork, Warren, and Seymour are all under 30 and good/great players. As for the o-line, they gave up 21 sacks in 2007. The 47 or so that they gave up in 2008 was as much Matt Cassel as it was them. In addition, once Stephen Neal came back I never noticed an issue with Cassel getting sacked often like he did earlier.

Hmm...let's see. Painkillers VS carrying a concealed weapon and having marijuana AFTER he was involved in a hit and run. Yeah, let's crucify the guy with the painkillers. He's a Patriot, after all. And we all know only Patriots players do bad things.

And after he was caught, Kaczur agreed to help bust a drug dealer or whatever. I don't know the details, but I'm sure you do. I also had to look up Marshawn's case because I really don't care otherwise, but yeah, you probably shouldn't be arguing about that.

even though I think this whole conversation is kind of silly (it can easily be summed up with "pats good this decade, bills not good this decade, pats definitely cheated but got caught"), I do have to question if you actually looked up Lynch's case, since the gun was enclosed in a lock box in the trunk of Lynch's rental car...that's hardly the same as carrying a concealed weapon on his person (although not according to the statutes in culver city, california). it was quite dumb of him to smoke pot in a public parking lot, especially given his previous run-in with the law, but smoking a blunt with your friends and dealing oxycontin (one [if not the] of the most damaging and addictive perscription drugs that anyone could abuse) are quite different. for instance, a friend that smokes pot would be welcome in my home, as long as he/she doesn't do it around my house and family. however, an oxy dealer needs to take his/her act somewhere else before strung out teenagers show up at my doorstep at 3 a.m.

Yeah, I looked it up briefly. I don't care what Marshawn did by the way, but Matt seems to hold a grudge against every thing every Patriots player ever did (I bet he's called Brady a deadbeat dad at some point), but Kaczur was busted and agreed to help get the dealer, Marshawn caught with a gun and marijuana was after he was involved in a hit and run and he only got 3 games for it anyways.

People believe all sorts of things. And they'll go to every length possible to make excuses despite evidence to the contrary. Hell some people still think OJ is innocent.

Yeah, I looked it up briefly. I don't care what Marshawn did by the way, but Matt seems to hold a grudge against every thing every Patriots player ever did (I bet he's called Brady a deadbeat dad at some point), but Kaczur was busted and agreed to help get the dealer, Marshawn caught with a gun and marijuana was after he was involved in a hit and run and he only got 3 games for it anyways.

No, I just like to point out when they seem to get different treatment than the rest of the League. Kind of like Wilfork getting fined 4 times in one season, but not suspended, when Roy Williams (S) gets suspended a game for two horse collar tackles during the same season. Or things like the fact that the Pats* got to play the Bills 4 years in a row after their bye week--odds of that happening as a "coincidence"? About 4,000 to 1. BTW, guess who the Pats* play this year after their bye--Miami, their biggest rival in the division this year, much like we'd been (or seen to have been pre-season) much of those prior 4 years. It's good to have friends in the League office apparently.....

WRT Lynch, let's be clear on one thing: there allegedly was marijuana found in his car. The cops claim they saw "blunts" but didn't charge anyone because no one admitted they were his. That's probably the most retarded excuse I've ever heard. Maybe Kaczur should have used that line.