Fred Jackson

major

Fred Jackson made the following comment about TO (if TO gets out of hand in the locker room during the season): "Nobody wants that kind of stuff in the locker room. I'll be one of the first guys to say something to him if I feel like he's getting out of hand. No question about it. I'll be one of the first guys to say something to him. We have a good group of guys that won't hesitate to say anything to him."

Action Jackson vs. TO - I can't wait.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God bless him! There was something about Fred Jackson when he started producing. I gravitated towards him. I feel like his mindset was always different from any other player in the locker room. He took a different path to the nfl so he approaches it completely different from a player drafted. It's such a relief knowing there's someone out there that is scard of putting him in his place.

Guest dog14787
Fred Jackson made the following comment about TO (if TO gets out of hand in the locker room during the season): "Nobody wants that kind of stuff in the locker room. I'll be one of the first guys to say something to him if I feel like he's getting out of hand. No question about it. I'll be one of the first guys to say something to him. We have a good group of guys that won't hesitate to say anything to him."

I realize the message Fred Jackson was trying to send and I know he meant well, but I thought it was unnecessary.

T.O. is an accomplished seasoned Vet and its not up to Fred Jackson to tone T.O. down, its up to Fred Jackson and the rest of the locker room to listen up to what T.O. has to say in my opinion.

I realize the message Fred Jackson was trying to send and I know he meant well, but I thought it was unnecessary.

T.O. is an accomplished seasoned Vet and its not up to Fred Jackson to tone T.O. down, its up to Fred Jackson and the rest of the locker room to listen up to what T.O. has to say in my opinion.

Are you serious? What makes TO so special that the whole team needs to stop and listen to him. I agree he is a great receiver, but he has never won it all. He puts his pants on the same as everyone else. If he was a someone who has won a bunch of Super Bowls in his career then I would say yes, but he hasn't.

Guest dog14787
Are you serious? What makes TO so special that the whole team needs to stop and listen to him. I agree he is a great receiver, but he has never won it all. He puts his pants on the same as everyone else. If he was a someone who has won a bunch of Super Bowls in his career then I would say yes, but he hasn't.

I'm saying don't try to stir up something that's not even there yet. Sometimes things are better left unsaid or communicate it with body language, but don't call a guy out for no reason at all.

I think you took it wrong

If TO has something positive to say, I think the team will listen, after all he is a Vested Vet and he has been on teams that have at least been to the playoffs.....

But if Fred and some of the other Vets like Josh, Lee or even Donte will not hesitate to raise up if they think he is out of pocket so to speak.

But he did not have to put it in the press, that should have been keep in house, that's my only issue with it.

I think you took it wrong

If TO has something positive to say, I think the team will listen, after all he is a Vested Vet and he has been on teams that have at least been to the playoffs.....

But if Fred and some of the other Vets like Josh, Lee or even Donte will not hesitate to raise up if they think he is out of pocket so to speak.

But he did not have to put it in the press, that should have been keep in house, that's my only issue with it.

When Jim Kelly says that last season you couldn't tell on Monday whether or not you won or lost on Sunday then you have a problem in the locker room. TO won't allow that crap to happen, he WILL say something. If Fred or anyone else has a problem with that then they should have done something about it LAST SEASON!!!

With that said, I like that someone is starting to mouth off a little bit. It seems that the Bills need that kind of vocal, get in your face leadership which is why they brought TO in to begin with, IMO.

I'm saying don't try to stir up something that's not even there yet. Sometimes things are better left unsaid or communicate it with body language, but don't call a guy out for no reason at all.

Exactly, those types of comments are what start the flames for TO. What Poz said a few days ago is how TO should be handled. I'm guessing TO and FJ aren't starting out on the right foot. JMO

Exactly, those types of comments are what start the flames for TO. What Poz said a few days ago is how TO should be handled. I'm guessing TO and FJ aren't starting out on the right foot. JMO

I think the key pharse is if TO gets out of hand. TO is new to this team, Freddie has paid his dues and when it comes to team chemistry you have to put your time in and produce. No one gets a free ticket to the front of the line to get out of hand. I'm glad there's a player or two that will let the "team wrecker" know up front that the buck stops here. This aint Dallas where players are trying to be pretty or Philly where the QB is an egomanic. Buffalo, bluecollar, shut up and play.

Freddie is a 2nd / 3rd string RB on a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in 9 years. T.O. comes to the team as the top TD receiver in the NFL over the last 3 seasons, so Freddie needs to STFU.

Listening to a top NFL player when you have proven nothing on your own may give you a better chance of doing something.

I have no problem with his statement what so ever, it's nice to see Freddy assuming a leadership

role, or at least indicating that he will, and good lord we know we need that, and he has earned it.

This team is ready to blossom, and yes we need TO, but this is not "his" team.

How about the fact that he's the only sure-fire HOF on the team and has accomplished a hell of a lot more in the playoffs than Jackson or anyone else on the Bills roster? I realize the Fred Jackson worship on this board is almost limitless, but I really don't want a backup trying to tell the best guy on the team what to do.

How about the fact that he's the only sure-fire HOF on the team and has accomplished a hell of a lot more in the playoffs than Jackson or anyone else on the Bills roster? I realize the Fred Jackson worship on this board is almost limitless, but I really don't want a backup trying to tell the best guy on the team what to do.

You are full of sh--! The best guy on the team? Come on, does he really deserve that title now?

Let's wait until he actually does something for us before we annoint him. We all no his history, and

I am willing to accept some baggage, as I am sure the team is. Fred Jackson has done everything

that the organization has asked him to, and more, and I don't know if you could call him the best

player on the team or not, but I would say IMO, that he is definitley the most versatile.

You are full of sh--! The best guy on the team? Come on, does he really deserve that title now?

Let's wait until he actually does something for us before we annoint him. We all no his history, and

I am willing to accept some baggage, as I am sure the team is. Fred Jackson has done everything

that the organization has asked him to, and more, and I don't know if you could call him the best

player on the team or not, but I would say IMO, that he is definitley the most versatile.

The organization has done nothing in 9 years = Freddie has done nothing.

The organization has done nothing in 9 years = Freddie has done nothing.

So Skooby, is TO the best guy on our team? If you can honestly answer yes, then

you are FOS too.

Jackson has done quite a bit, you ask him to go be the feature back, he does, you ask him

to support ML, he does, you want a safety valve out of the back field, he complies, you need

him to spot someone on KO returns, Freddy is ready. Doesn't complain, works his tail off,

what else to you want, he has only started to really get involved in earnest with the O over

the last couple of years, you can't blame him for the last nine year playoff drought. He has

tremendous chemistry with TE, and that was evident from the first time those two got on the

field together. I don't think that we praise him enough.

Just because you're a great player doesn't make you a leader. If you asked a lot of Pats*, they would tell you that Kevin Faulk is one of the most respected players in that lockerroom. Derek Fisher on the Lakers is like that.

You don't need to be great to be a leader. You need to be a guy that others can look to and follow the example you set. If nothing else, players can look to Jackson as a guy who was given nothing that worked his way into becoming a player in this league. I'm glad TO is on the team for a season, but I would rather have a team full of Fred Jackson type attitude players than TO ones.

Freddie is a 2nd / 3rd string RB on a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in 9 years. T.O. comes to the team as the top TD receiver in the NFL over the last 3 seasons, so Freddie needs to STFU.

Listening to a top NFL player when you have proven nothing on your own may give you a better chance of doing something.

Exactly what I was thinking. Imagine if this turns into a big thing between them. Maybe Action Jackson just wants some of the national spotlight.

So Skooby, is TO the best guy on our team? If you can honestly answer yes, then

you are FOS too.

Jackson has done quite a bit, you ask him to go be the feature back, he does, you ask him

to support ML, he does, you want a safety valve out of the back field, he complies, you need

him to spot someone on KO returns, Freddy is ready. Doesn't complain, works his tail off,

what else to you want, he has only started to really get involved in earnest with the O over

the last couple of years, you can't blame him for the last nine year playoff drought. He has

tremendous chemistry with TE, and that was evident from the first time those two got on the

field together. I don't think that we praise him enough.

Yes, and it's not even close.

How can you say otherwise?