rb

If the combo of Jackson and Rhodes are successful, do we think of trading Lynch? By successful, I mean winning games and forming team chemistry. I am wondering if a lesson was learned, by Peters holding out and performing less than stellar. Lynch will need x amount of games to be fully acclimated to the offense, providing he does not sustain the injury of holding out, a la hamstring thing? Could Jackson and Rhodes be good enough for a full season? What would we gain in a potential trade?

Aside from someone pulling a Mike Ditka, I wouldn't consider it. Marshawn is too valuable. He's one guy that gives it his all every play. I don't know of many other backs that have to work as hard for their YPC than Marshawn. The guy makes a living out of gaining 3 yards when 90% of other backs would be stuffed for a loss. We need Lynch.

If the new O-line manages to be decent and TO opens up the passing game, you will see a huge improvement in ML's #'s in a more balanced offense this season.

No.

1) A "successful" season by Rhodes in which he actually has a meaningful number of carries would be a miracle. Plus, the guy's 30 which is starting to get up there for a RB.

2) No one is going to give Buffalo anything good for Lynch. Good running backs are the easiest things to find in the draft. The two 3rd round picks and one 7th that the Bills got for McGahee was a steal. I doubt we'd get that for Llynch. I would assume one 3rd round pick at best.

3) Lynch is the best of all three of the running backs you mentioned.

Guest dog14787
If the combo of Jackson and Rhodes are successful, do we think of trading Lynch? By successful, I mean winning games and forming team chemistry. I am wondering if a lesson was learned, by Peters holding out and performing less than stellar. Lynch will need x amount of games to be fully acclimated to the offense, providing he does not sustain the injury of holding out, a la hamstring thing? Could Jackson and Rhodes be good enough for a full season? What would we gain in a potential trade?

On ask Tim Graham a question we just had a brief debate on this topic and with all due respect to Tim we did not agree.

One of the biggest questions in my mind is could Fred Jackson carry a bigger load without wearing down over the course of the season because lets face it, he's not built near as rugged as Marshawn who is a beast of a man and a beast on the football field. Production wise though you can see that when used sparingly, Fred Jackson has been a very capable back.

Here are their career and situational stats for comparison:

Marshawn lynch http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8266/s...D9Xz_pYuMX.uLYF

Fred Jackson http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8063/s...D9Xz_pYuMX.uLYF

To answer your question though, No, absolutely not, we don't want to trade Marshawn Lynch. Fred Jackson's good, but he's not that good. :devil:

No. Just....just....just....purge thoughts like that from your head.

Lynch is the-tip-of-the-iceberg at this point in his career. As I've said on a number of posts, it's going to come down to the interior of the offensive line this year. Let's hope like hell they run-block better than the LAST iteration. But if they do, Lynch is going to go nuts this year.

That's half the argument. The other half - just as nebulous - relates to Dominic Rhodes. Big name? Yep? Good reputation? Yep. So why do I have this awful deja vu feeling as though I'm watching the second coming of Anthony Thomas? Great name, great pedigree, great locker room presence. Oh, God, he was awful. Feet of concrete. Had all the cutback moves of a glacier in January. He himself was the second coming of Olandis Gary....and wasn't THAT a notable stint in a Bills uniform?

This is a long way of warning you NOT to get too hot-and-bothered about Dominic Rhodes. There's a reason people get insurance policies. And why they cancel them. Rhodes is here because Lynch is going to sit a few games. Lynch will be back early in the season, and Rhodes will be cut to make room for someone promising coming in off the practice squad.

Lynch is the-tip-of-the-iceberg at this point in his career. As I've said on a number of posts, it's going to come down to the interior of the offensive line this year. Let's hope like hell they run-block better than the LAST iteration. But if they do, Lynch is going to go nuts this year.

That's half the argument. The other half - just as nebulous - relates to Dominic Rhodes. Big name? Yep? Good reputation? Yep. So why do I have this awful deja vu feeling as though I'm watching the second coming of Anthony Thomas? Great name, great pedigree, great locker room presence. Oh, God, he was awful. Feet of concrete. Had all the cutback moves of a glacier in January. He himself was the second coming of Olandis Gary....and wasn't THAT a notable stint in a Bills uniform?

This is a long way of warning you NOT to get too hot-and-bothered about Dominic Rhodes. There's a reason people get insurance policies. And why they cancel them. Rhodes is here because Lynch is going to sit a few games. Lynch will be back early in the season, and Rhodes will be cut to make room for someone promising coming in off the practice squad.

Don't be too sure about that.

I might agree with you, but it is kind of uncharacteristic of the Bills to sign a "name" player, unless they are depending on them for something.

Your point about Anthony Thomas is well taken, but consider how long it took the Bills to figure out that he wasn't going to be a major contributer. His one good game against the Texans in 2006 aside, he carried the ball far more than his play warrented...

NO-

Sure the A train was a moving statue. His best years were at Michigan from 1997-2000. However, you are way off base about Rhodes. He is a SOLID NFL player, simple as that. He is not Adrian Peterson, but the guy knows how to play the game, and will make the occasional big play. Did you watch his winning touchdown on the flare pass from Payton last year against the Steelers? The guy ran a perfect route. Teams that win have players up and down their rosters like Dominic Rhodes for depth and the occasional spot start. So saying that he will be cut when Lynch comes back is just ignorant.