What's the biggest difference this year?

There are many small differences, and some large ones. To me, the biggest difference is the guards and centers are not getting blown back a yard or two on pass protection, so Drew is allowed to step up that yard or two and avoid the rush to get off a pass and avoid a sack. Last year people complained so much that he just stood there and took a beating, but look at Tom Brady... he gets away with standing in the pocket because there IS a pocket, he CAN step up. Yesterday, Bledsoe must have avoided the rush and a sack more than half a dozen times by simply stepping up a yard and letting the oncoming rusher slip past him. Last year, he would have stepped up into Pucillo or Teague's back and went down in a heap. That's a huge difference. And shows another reason why it is a team game, win or lose.

There are many small differences, and some large ones. To me, the biggest difference is the guards and centers are not getting blown back a yard or two on pass protection, so Drew is allowed to step up that yard or two and avoid the rush to get off a pass and avoid a sack. Last year people complained so much that he just stood there and took a beating, but look at Tom Brady... he gets away with standing in the pocket because there IS a pocket, he CAN step up. Yesterday, Bledsoe must have avoided the rush and a sack more than half a dozen times by simply stepping up a yard and letting the oncoming rusher slip past him. Last year, he would have stepped up into Pucillo or Teague's back and went down in a heap. That's a huge difference. And shows another reason why it is a team game, win or lose.

107183[/snapback]

I think the biggest difference is that they are playing with confidence, in no small part due to McGahee. On several runs in between the tackles he hits a wall (Travis would be stopped at that point) and bounces outside for a gain. He is also dragging tackelers for extra yards. I am not slamming Travis, but I really think McGahee has helped boost confidence.

I think the differences are obvious....

1) McGahee is twice the back TH ever was.

2) Kelsay has decided to play. He's twice the DE Denny ever will be. <_<

107249[/snapback]

Excellant points.

3) Special Teams are playing well also.

107249[/snapback]

Kelsay has really stepped up. He is turning into the guy we hoped he would be, and makes a nice addition to an already strong defense. The Special Teams have been terrific most of the season. Moorman's punt to the one was one of the biggest plays of the game, it was simply tremendous to plop it down there, right at the one, right at the marker, into the wind, just when we needed it, and directly led to two points on the safety. There are a lot of things to like on this team.

Next week, of course, will be a good indication of how close we are. Moral victories will really mean nothing. We have to win in NE at night on national TV. It doesn't matter if it is pretty, or ugly, or if the refs "just give it to us". We have to win, and soon, those little calls and bounces are going to go our way.

Kelsay has really stepped up. He is turning into the guy we hoped he would be, and makes a nice addition to an already strong defense. The Special Teams have been terrific most of the season. Moorman's punt to the one was one of the biggest plays of the game, it was simply tremendous to plop it down there, right at the one, right at the marker, into the wind, just when we needed it, and directly led to two points on the safety. There are a lot of things to like on this team.

Next week, of course, will be a good indication of how close we are. Moral victories will really mean nothing. We have to win in NE at night on national TV. It doesn't matter if it is pretty, or ugly, or if the refs "just give it to us". We have to win, and soon, those little calls and bounces are going to go our way.

107264[/snapback]

Write it down. Bills win by 10 next week.

The PAts are susceptibe to the rush, ans Willis is firing on all cylinders.

If...IF...the Bills win this week, we could see them finish as high as 9-7 which would be nothing short of miraculous and a good omen for 2005.

Hands down: the coaching.

- They've commit to the run. Unlike Gilbride's verbal commitment, Mularkey has done it.

- Drew IS getting rid of the ball quicker, especially to his outlets. While he still makes dumb decisions, a conservative offense suits him best.

- The O-line is getting it together. As usual, it takes time, and they are doing it near the half-way point. McNally IS the man!

- Play-calling is suspect at times, but they are getting better.

When they were 0-3, I posted that this could be like the 1998 season, Wade's first. You could see the difference, it was just a matter of when.

It could be a great game Sunday night....

107249[/snapback]

I think that Kelsay could have helped us a lot last year if GW gave him some more playing time. Usually we'd see him on 3rd down for a couple of series and then he'd just ride the pine the rest of the afternoon. No DE is going to get good by sitting on the bench. Now that he has a bigger role, he's beginning to really dominate O-Lineman.

I think that teams that use to blitz up the middle have to now respect Mcgahee's ability to bounce things outside therefore making Bledoe more effective.

Too bad that Bledoe struggles so much on the road. I doubt that the Magahee can overcome Bledsoe and the rest of the Bills struggles on the road.

107381[/snapback]

Prior to this game, Drew was somethign like 1-8 vs. the Jets.

All hail WM.

107249[/snapback]

Did you see Kelsay throw Mawae into Curtis Martin to bounce Martin outside during a sweep? Then grabbed him and threw him at Martin again on the same play? Funniest damn thing I saw all day.

107183[/snapback]

Did you notice some of those nifty spin moves he put on some blitzers? DB didn't want to go down and he proved it. I think he's had enough of that turnstile.

Basically what I read here is that injuries have created opportunities that have helped this team.

WM for TH

Tucker for Teague

McGee for Vincent

I believe the reason the Bills are winning is that they are catching teams at the right moment. The Bills are finally taking advantages of the other teams mistakes. I like that!