Who Will Get the Ball the Most ?

Kenwick

I say it is all up to "da Turk"

Our offensive coordinator will be responsible making those decisions as to who Edwards will be handing the ball off to the most when passing or running the ball. Turk has to make the offense click this year if the Bills are going to make the playoffs. I believe the defense and special teams have the players and coaching to get us there.

Fortunately, "Turk" has much better talent when throwing and running the ball than last year. The Bills are solid with receivers and runners. A lot of attention must be made to the O-line for it is the O-line that really makes everything work. Yes he has the talent, smarts and athletism up front. What he does not have working for him is experience of working together and that is really important. If they do not do their jobs, it means it will affect the play of our receivers, and runners to a great deal.

How can Lynch and Jackson improve the run game if the holes do not open. Good planning is needed and that is where coaching comes in. The same goes for the passing game. We have very good receivers, but if the O-line does not pass block well what good are good receivers?

We will soon find out how good our coaches are especially when talking about the O-line. Remember we have the talent up front. The coaching better be really good.

I was not happy at all with the coaching of the defensive line last year. From what I have heard neither were the players.

That has changed and our new defensive line coach is already making improvements in the play of Kelsay and McCargo. They love this guy. He is a winner. I am sure he will do well handling Maybin and the younger linemen.

Coaching has a big role on the sucess of this team. From the top all the way down. They have a lot to prove this season.

I say it is all up to "da Turk"

Our offensive coordinator will be responsible making those decisions as to who Edwards will be handing the ball off to the most when passing or running the ball. Turk has to make the offense click this year if the Bills are going to make the playoffs. I believe the defense and special teams have the players and coaching to get us there.

Fortunately, "Turk" has much better talent when throwing and running the ball than last year. The Bills are solid with receivers and runners. A lot of attention must be made to the O-line for it is the O-line that really makes everything work. Yes he has the talent, smarts and athletism up front. What he does not have working for him is experience of working together and that is really important. If they do not do their jobs, it means it will affect the play of our receivers, and runners to a great deal.

How can Lynch and Jackson improve the run game if the holes do not open. Good planning is needed and that is where coaching comes in. The same goes for the passing game. We have very good receivers, but if the O-line does not pass block well what good are good receivers?

We will soon find out how good our coaches are especially when talking about the O-line. Remember we have the talent up front. The coaching better be really good.

I was not happy at all with the coaching of the defensive line last year. From what I have heard neither were the players.

That has changed and our new defensive line coach is already making improvements in the play of Kelsay and McCargo. They love this guy. He is a winner. I am sure he will do well handling Maybin and the younger linemen.

Coaching has a big role on the sucess of this team. From the top all the way down. They have a lot to prove this season.

I just hope our offense lives up to its potential this year. Am pretty sure I read that Tim Graham said Trent edwards has a outside shot at throwing for 4000 yards this year if everything goes good. SERIOUSLY

What TG said:"Green, recently retired after 11 seasons with four teams, predicts almost a third of the NFL's starting quarterbacks can throw for 4,000 yards this year. He guarantees Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers will do it. He says Jay Cutler, Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, Matt Schaub, Donovan McNabb, Tony Romo and Matt Hasselbeck have the potential to do it.

Missing from that list, in my opinion, is Trent Edwards. The third-year Buffalo Bills quarterback has the weaponry to do it: Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson and Dominic Rhodes". -Tim Graham

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

I guess we can dream huh, Trent throwing for 4000 yards in one season, that would be amazing

I just hope our offense lives up to its potential this year. Am pretty sure I read that Tim Graham said Trent edwards has a outside shot at throwing for 4000 yards this year if everything goes good. SERIOUSLY

What TG said:"Green, recently retired after 11 seasons with four teams, predicts almost a third of the NFL's starting quarterbacks can throw for 4,000 yards this year. He guarantees Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers will do it. He says Jay Cutler, Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, Matt Schaub, Donovan McNabb, Tony Romo and Matt Hasselbeck have the potential to do it.

Missing from that list, in my opinion, is Trent Edwards. The third-year Buffalo Bills quarterback has the weaponry to do it: Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Josh Reed, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson and Dominic Rhodes". Tim Graham

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

I guess we can dream huh, Trent throwing for 4000 yards in one season, that would be amazing

4000 yards is the new 3500 yards.

Definitely an upgrade on DL coaching. And it couldn't have come at a better time, perhaps in time to salvage McCargo's career with the Bills. The problem last year was the DL coach's attitude was all about intensity and that is important but technique is crucial also.

But in general we don't have the premium assistant coaches we used to routinely have from the 60's to the 90's. That may be one of the biggest reasons for our decade of futility. Hate to sound like a broken record with my negativity with the current regime, but the Bills used to have some top assistants, even in the years when the HC wasn't the greatest. On a more positive note Turk and Perry both seem like sharp guys and they have had a chance to get some learning in and I expect things will be better this year. For Turk the extra talent should help.

So is a football field now 114.2 yards long?

Just saying that because teams are passing far more often, and the rules favor WRs more, 4,000 yards is no where close to the achievement it was 10 years ago.

Just saying that because teams are passing far more often, and the rules favor WRs more, 4,000 yards is no where close to the achievement it was 10 years ago.

I think you mean 11.4 years ago.

Any successful team (and we aren't that yet) that doesn't have a quarterback of the quality of Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner,-and we are no where close to that, the featured running back has to get it the most.

Aside from a GOOD QB, WNY from Nov on is much better suited to have a good running game.

Hopefully the running backs, signaling that we have the lead and are draining clock on our way to victory.

You're assuming that Jauron would know enough to run the ball to kill the clock...

Aside from a GOOD QB, WNY from Nov on is much better suited to have a good running game.

Still, back in the day Kelly did a nice job throwing the ball in November, December, and even January. In this day and age, with the rules favoring the passing game, you can't just run the ball play after play and expect the other team not to stack up their defense and force you to pass.

Of course with the Bills, we definitely need a stronger running game in 09.

Still, back in the day Kelly did a nice job throwing the ball in November, December, and even January. In this day and age, with the rules favoring the passing game, you can't just run the ball play after play and expect the other team not to stack up their defense and force you to pass.

Of course with the Bills, we definitely need a stronger running game in 09.

There is no questioning that for sure, but none of it would have worked if Thurman wasn't the complete threat that he was.