Pats pass on Vick

major

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for that brainless post. Vick's a piece of crap and the Bills laughed at the reporters who asked if they had any interest in this scumbag. That !@#$ will hopefully never play another down in the NFL again

Besides, he was an average QB on his best days and we don't need to have people picketing at our games because we signed the biggest scumbag since Rae Carruth...we get enough flak on OJ, whose crimes happened long after he became a Hall of Famer

speaking of SKOOB, i encountered a funny thing recently, there's a "SKOOBY" on the Buffalo Bills board, who also happened to post a thread: "2 things you don't like about the Bills as of right now..."

hmm, same thing as here. same picture, too.

there couldn't be two, could there? yikes!

jw

speaking of SKOOB, i encountered a funny thing recently, there's a "SKOOBY" on the Buffalo Bills board, who also happened to post a thread: "2 things you don't like about the Bills as of right now..."

hmm, same thing as here. same picture, too.

there couldn't be two, could there? yikes!

jw

same one...he's keeping himself active on various boards so he still has a place to post when another board bans him

Firstly from a purely football standpoint, IF the Bills brought Vick in, it wouldn't be to be the quarterback (or the backup quarterback) for this team. He happens to be getting out of the woods at just the right time because so many more teams will dabble in the Wildcat formation and a few teams that have been using it will be using it a bit more. No, it will never be a base offense but depending on game situations, there's a chance that it could be used in 20-30% of offensive snaps, if it's effective in that game. He will and does have market value as a football player, but not as a starting quarterback. Mike Vick for all his limitations as a passer is probably the perfect guy to play as a Wildcat quarterback.

That said, there are reports now that Miami will take a chance on him. This doesn't quite make sense to me because they took West Virginia QB Pat White in the second round of the draft. Nevertheless, here's the report, from PFT, based upon a Sirius interview with Dennis Green:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/29/...chance-on-vick/

I don't put a lot of credence in this report but Bills fans have to ask themselves if it is worth considering to avoid having to face him twice a year as a member of a division rival.

From a non-football standpoint, no, I don't want him on the Bills.

But we also have to ask ourselves if it is worth considering to avoid having to face him twice a year as a member of a division rival.

Nothing would make it worth considering having that piece of crap on the Bills. As a member of the Fish (not like it would happen...they have Pat White, anyway), it would definitely bring new life to the Bills' hatred of the Fish...but I don't think even Bryan Cox had to fear for his life. A lot of people wish Vick dead

It is being reported that the Pats are passing on Michael Vick. Let's revisit SKOOBY's plan - sign VICK. Can you imagine the attention our Bills would get with TO and VICK on the same team!

Hey buddy, do you own dogs? I do, and that will always prevent me from ever being a Mike Vick fan again. Sorry, but not in Buffalo-

This is the NFL guys. It's not filled with a bunch of choir boys like people here would like to think.

He paid his due more than most guys in the league that do worse than him. He fought dogs and went to jail. It's not like he killed someone drunk driving (leonard little) or tried to conceal a murder of a person (ray lewis), etc. but he is the worst guy in the NFL. I like dogs and couldn't imagine fighting them, but I didn't grow up in that culture.

People seem to be leaving in a fantasy land sometimes.

This is the NFL guys. It's not filled with a bunch of choir boys like people here would like to think.

He paid his due more than most guys in the league that do worse than him. He fought dogs and went to jail. It's not like he killed someone drunk driving (leonard little) or tried to conceal a murder of a person (ray lewis), etc. but he is the worst guy in the NFL. I like dogs and couldn't imagine fighting them, but I didn't grow up in that culture.

He's a convicted felon...end of story

There's plenty of professions you can't get a job in after being convicted of felony. The NFL needs to be one of them. Goodell has been harder on troublemakers than the other commissioners...if he lets someone in the league who knowingly and willfully committed vicious crimes for over 6 years, it'll be hard to take him seriously again.

As far as Little and Lewis, for one, both their incidents happened before Goodell took over as NFL Commissioner. For another thing, Lewis was convicted of a misdemeanor and Little is guilty of killing someone because he wasn't thinking clearly and got behind the wheel while over the limit.

No one expects everyone in the NFL to be a choir boy but there needs to be limits...and anyone convicted of a vicious felony crime is over that limit.

It is being reported that the Pats are passing on Michael Vick. Let's revisit SKOOBY's plan - sign VICK. Can you imagine the attention our Bills would get with TO and VICK on the same team!

I think everyone should pass on Vick. At least TO hasn't been sent to jail for a felony.

There's plenty of professions you can't get a job in after being convicted of felony. The NFL needs to be one of them. Goodell has been harder on troublemakers than the other commissioners...if he lets someone in the league who knowingly and willfully committed vicious crimes for over 6 years, it'll be hard to take him seriously again.

As far as Little and Lewis, for one, both their incidents happened before Goodell took over as NFL Commissioner. For another thing, Lewis was convicted of a misdemeanor and Little is guilty of killing someone because he wasn't thinking clearly and got behind the wheel while over the limit.

No one expects everyone in the NFL to be a choir boy but there needs to be limits...and anyone convicted of a vicious felony crime is over that limit.

I always seem to get into an argument with you about Vick. I won't respond after this post because it is only going to lead to the same argument that we have gone through over and over again and we aren't going to change each others minds.

I think what makes Vick's case so hard and tricky to me is that he went to jail for almost 2 years and lost 100 million dollars and is now bankrupt. Another wrinkle to the argument is that Vick has a partnership with the humane society so the public outrage is likely to be limited by that. You say that he hasn't lost enough and think that that the NFL has no obligation to let him back in and that what he has done is worse than what anyone in the league has done since Goodell has taken over.

I believe that Vick has lost enough. His crimes were terrible but no human life was taken or greatly harmed by his actions so while he should have gone to jail and lost his money I don't think the rest of his life should have to end as a result. IF a team is willing to hire him the league should let him in. Unlike most of the people in the league who beat their wives, repeatedly drive drunk or high, or do other illegal and horrible things Vick served a prolonged jail sentence.

I believe that the NFL instituted a hard ass discipline policy under Rodger Goodell because too many players due to their money and status were not getting any recourse for their actions through the justice system. But Vick got a really significant punishment for what he did so I don't think a second punishment is necessary.

To conclude my point I just don't think a year ban is really necessary because he is just going to go back in next year and you will still get protests. If you ban him for a life time I just don't think the punishment would be fitting the crime. So for the NFL just let him in take your lumps (If there are any the NFL is a juggernaut very few things can stop it) now and let it blow over as quickly as possible.

So is committing murder and trying to cover up a murder not as bad as fighting dogs? It's human life we are talking about here. Vick is treated like the worst criminal in the NFL.

Vick paid a price and its time to let him play again.

So is committing murder and trying to cover up a murder not as bad as fighting dogs? It's human life we are talking about here. Vick is treated like the worst criminal in the NFL.

Who committed a murder? The only person convicted of that is Rae Carruth and he's been out of the league for quite a while. As far as covering one up. For one thing, no one knows how much Ray Lewis really knew for sure. For another, as already pointed out, Lewis' misdemeanor conviction happened BEFORE GOODELL BECAME NFL COMMISSIONER! Try to keep up. Tags wasn't known for being really tough on troublemakers the way Goodell has been so far. The NFLPA would never allow him to go back and re-punish players that Tags already punished.

Vick IS the worst criminal in the NFL...he ran an organized crime ring for over 6 years..there could very well have been human deaths involved as well...no one knows for sure..but considering he stole family pets and tortured and slaughtered them, it certainly wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

Anyway, it's pretty well-known that a lot of serial killers started out the way Vick did...that scumbag got off easy and people could wind up paying for the fact that the prosecutors took it so easy on him

Thankfully, the commissioner seems to have a conscience and some common sense...he's leaning towards keeping that scumbag out of the NFL at least another year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgH5...o&type=lgns

Who committed a murder? The only person convicted of that is Rae Carruth and he's been out of the league for quite a while. As far as covering one up. For one thing, no one knows how much Ray Lewis really knew for sure. For another, as already pointed out, Lewis' misdemeanor conviction happened BEFORE GOODELL BECAME NFL COMMISSIONER! Try to keep up. Tags wasn't known for being really tough on troublemakers the way Goodell has been so far. The NFLPA would never allow him to go back and re-punish players that Tags already punished.

Vick IS the worst criminal in the NFL...he ran an organized crime ring for over 6 years..there could very well have been human deaths involved as well...no one knows for sure..but considering he stole family pets and tortured and slaughtered them, it certainly wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

Anyway, it's pretty well-known that a lot of serial killers started out the way Vick did...that scumbag got off easy and people could wind up paying for the fact that the prosecutors took it so easy on him

Thankfully, the commissioner seems to have a conscience and some common sense...he's leaning towards keeping that scumbag out of the NFL at least another year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgH5...o&type=lgns

Leonard Little committed murder. I don't really care who was commissioner when Lewis and Little did what they did. I am talking about everyones viewpoints towards Vick.

He ran a dog fighting ring. He didn't kill people. It is well known that serial killers started off like Vick did????

You are crazy.

It's a different culture. Vick probably didn't grow up collecting baseball cards like you did. He grew up in an inner city where dog fighting is more common. Jay-z and DMX even promote it in some of their songs.

I wonder who the families of the people killed by Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth and covered up by Ray Lewis, think is a worse person, Vick? No chance.

I agree. Mike Tyson was convicted of allegedly raping a woman. He served his time (I believe 3-4 years). When he was released from prison he was allowed to fight again. Vick went to prison and has paid a high price. He will be a free man. I see no reason why the NFL should ban him from playing. I am sure he realizes what he did was wrong. The hatred that some have for him is just astonishing. Young people make mistakes-IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE. All you self rightous judgmental people need to put this to rest, and come to grips with why you really hate Vick.

Please stop saying culture. It is not legal. Nothing to do with culture.

I don't want choir boys, but I sure as hell don't want a dog killing beast of humanity on the Bills either. Vick is garbage.

I agree. Mike Tyson was convicted of allegedly raping a woman. He served his time (I believe 3-4 years). When he was released from prison he was allowed to fight again. Vick went to prison and has paid a high price. He will be a free man. I see no reason why the NFL should ban him from playing. I am sure he realizes what he did was wrong. The hatred that some have for him is just astonishing. Young people make mistakes-IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE. All you self rightous judgmental people need to put this to rest, and come to grips with why you really hate Vick.

Why do we really hate Vick? Enlighten us.