Bills owner Wilson won't yet consider adding Toronto games

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jax wants the Bills to move to Toronto because he believes that the team playing in Toronto is pretty much the same as playing in Buffalo.

No, he wants the Bills to move there because he knows that the Jaguars are going to be leaving town soon and Toronto is a prime destination.

and this is because Mr. Wilson jumped at all the opportunities to relocate the team? oh, wait, it's still in Orchard Park ... right.

don't waste your time...SAB has had a pathological hatred for Ralph for as long as I can recall

Thankee.

Ralph knew that unshared revenue would be the bane of small-market teams like the Bills, but nobody wanted to listen when they voted on the 2006 CBA.

So how was your trip, if I may ask?

trip was good. made a stop in windsor, which is where i'm writing this, to see my family at my mom's place. she had an impromptu get together, with my brothers' and their families over so it was a nice trip so far, but a very long day.

can't really get into too many details as there's stuff i'm holding on to for several upcoming features.

that said, Mr. Wilson was in a very good mood and as upbeat as i've usually known him to be.

obviously, this was the "news" that came out of our chat, but i was struck by Mr. Wilson's response regarding how he's sure the Toronto group wants another game, but wasn't sure if that was going to materialize. of course he didn't say no. but he did say no, when specifically asked if one of the factors was an expanded regular season.

and, as noted in story, there are lingering questions over whether the Toronto organizers can improve upon their delivery. and they'll be in the spotlight this season with a thursday-nighter, of course.

jw

and this is because Mr. Wilson jumped at all the opportunities to relocate the team? oh, wait, it's still in Orchard Park ... right.

Do you know of any specific opportunities he's had? I figure that any of the expansion cities over the last 20 years or so were potential destinations for him that he never seriously considered, but I've never heard of anything concrete.

and, as noted in story, there are lingering questions over whether the Toronto organizers can improve upon their delivery. and they'll be in the spotlight this season with a thursday-nighter, of course.

jw

One thing they need to do to improve the delivery would be to change the no-tailgating laws

just wait until his "tin cup" gets empty. the Old Fart will jump at a bid to fill it back up.

That's the first thing I thought as well, it's all hands off until another $70 M carrot gets dangled, then it becomes in the teams best interest. I fully see your side and how most folks would do that but in this rare instance and because of recent information explained to me, Ralph plans on getting a buyer in line soon.

I would plan on hearing news about Ralph's change of heart, it should be out later this year.

Do you know of any specific opportunities he's had? I figure that any of the expansion cities over the last 20 years or so were potential destinations for him that he never seriously considered, but I've never heard of anything concrete.

Seattle in the early 70s

don't waste your time...SAB has had a pathological hatred for Ralph for as long as I can recall

thanks. why there is so much pent-up hatred on this board is beyond me. obviously, i deal with players and owners and coaches for a living, but i can't say i develop any real hatred for any of them. some i might root against when they're playing, but not to the degree of "hate."

and i hope i never reach that level where it becomes personal. remember, this is sports not cancer research.

jw

thanks. why there is so much pent-up hatred on this board is beyond me. obviously, i deal with players and owners and coaches for a living, but i can't say i develop any real hatred for any of them. some i might root against when they're playing, but not to the degree of "hate."

and i hope i never reach that level where it becomes personal. remember, this is sports not cancer research.

jw

Some people feel that Ralph "owes" them something.

this is bull sh--. Ralph Wilson is just trying to keep us Bills fans from freaking out... It wont be long till the Toronto Bills start playing a 16 game season

Whatever dude. Of course if Ralph said he was open to more games in Canada you'd believe that. Only believe what you want.

PTR

trip was good. made a stop in windsor, which is where i'm writing this, to see my family at my mom's place. she had an impromptu get together, with my brothers' and their families over so it was a nice trip so far, but a very long day.

can't really get into too many details as there's stuff i'm holding on to for several upcoming features.

that said, Mr. Wilson was in a very good mood and as upbeat as i've usually known him to be.

obviously, this was the "news" that came out of our chat, but i was struck by Mr. Wilson's response regarding how he's sure the Toronto group wants another game, but wasn't sure if that was going to materialize. of course he didn't say no. but he did say no, when specifically asked if one of the factors was an expanded regular season.

jw

FWIW, Channel 7 ran a piece about this in their news segment tonight, then led sports with it. Good pub for The AP -- and they even left your name on the story on their Web site. :thumbsup:

By "good mood" and "upbeat," I gather that he's recovered from the shoulder injury and feeling reasonably well for a man 90 years young?

And I'm glad that things worked out for today; I was worried you wouldn't be able to reschedule it.